Jessica Avey / Lilypod and sweetpea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she studied pediatric occupational therapy. When she was living in Dubai she worked 1-2-1 with children with special needs, as far as I remember. Can't for the life of me understand why she hasn't picked up that career. Surely it would be more fulfilling and sustainable than flogging lipgloss and crystals?
Oh wow, that would be a much better option long term.

Reactions: 1
And the Christmas she gave the boys her old camera 😏. If my kids loved my old camera, they could just have it. It wouldn't be their Christmas gift. She's flash with the cash when it's for her and scrooge to her kids. I'm not materialistic by any stretch. But my kids will always get before me. And if I was a minimal person, I would extend that to the whole house, not just the kids.
I remember that, I know what its like being strapped for cash worrying about christmas etc and I've only one child. You do what you got to, but when you see that and then they are buying new things for themselves that are quite pricey they are unrelatable to alot of parents out there who are genuinely worried. We're getting better with our budget (pets, cars and houses all had issues and not all covered by insurance so we had to use all our savings). Its heartbreaking seeing kids having to be second thought for a parent, I know a person locally to me who is the same and its heartbreaking seeing her kids in worn out 3rd/4th hand clothes thats too small in the winter whilst her and her partner looks good and has the latest gadgets it really irks me, where I go around in holy leggings so my kid can have a nice life and not be left out and have other people look at me like I'm in the wrong for prioritizing my child because I'm a messy dresser. But that's just being a mam (I'm not looking for sympathy because that's what you do).

Jess got me into "minimilism" for me it was more decluttering and getting to a place where I was happy with less and able to save so I'll give that to her. I honestly dont know why I go back and look at her IG, I suppose as she helped me I'm kind of in Hope's she will return back to how she was (kinda sad I know). But we all have to admit she's no longer a mum channel, she's a MLM hun and nothing more, and as much as we write on here I think she's in too far to let go (her mam supports her "business" I wonder if she's done any research into these companies that Jess "works for" I know I wouldn't want my child getting scammed.

Also, I agree with the posts saying she'd fair off better getting a proper job, with her qualifications she'd be set for life with work as there will always be special needs children (I have a few in my family and friends with SN kids so know the importance of needing more people in the field), and it would be more fulfilling than worrying about meeting deadlines and getting people to shell out ££££ for courses that really she isn't qualified, how can you change peoples life if you have no experience of working with people from all walks of life. Just because people say they need help getting positive, a course isn't going to solve anything if the route of the problem isn't resolved, it'll be back to square 1.

Sorry I keep ranting, I find it hard to shorten what I want to say.

Reactions: 3
I also thought she had a Psychology degree, not OT. She did 121 work with children in Dubai and when she came back to England seemed to want to set up as some kind of English teacher/copywriter. That was when her step son was a baby.

On her stories today Jasper looked so much like Reece. I wonder if they ever get to see their brother?

• Sad
Can you imagine going to a supermarket in a sports bra and leggings? Attention seeking much? 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She is the most self indulgent mother on youtube. Even worse than anna scone, at least she will fake being interested occasionally for the camera. Jess just doesnt give a tit

Reactions: 2
I was watching the stories of another instagramer yesterday. A woman who has been through infertility and miscarriages and she was talking about going for therapy and she said 'Everyone and his mother seems to be a life coach these days'. I find it very troubling that vulnerable woman could be taken in and part with £300.00 for some online videos, printable work sheets and joining a Facebook group. Surely Jess should be building up some experience before flogging this course?

Reactions: 8
I was watching the stories of another instagramer yesterday. A woman who has been through infertility and miscarriages and she was talking about going for therapy and she said 'Everyone and his mother seems to be a life coach these days'. I find it very troubling that vulnerable woman could be taken in and part with £300.00 for some online videos, printable work sheets and joining a Facebook group. Surely Jess should be building up some experience before flogging this course?
Agree completely. There needs to be some regulation to this. Vulnerable women looking at Jess and seeing an attractive, body confident women who doesn’t work and then thinking they can achieve the same by Jess ‘coaching them’.

Reactions: 5
All this "step into your light" bullshit. What does that actually mean jess?! Your selling fancy words and sentences that mean nothing for £300. You are not coaching people. If you were, you would explain to them clearly what to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
'People are asking me what I've got on my lips' maybe she misread them as I'm pretty sure they meant 'what the hell have you done to your lips'.

• Haha
She makes me cringe. I’ve never saw anyone on Instagram who loves them selves as much as she does!

I've had to unfollow her, after her ass shaking story. I'm sorry but you can empower women and show how independent and strong women can be without using your half baked body to do it. I kind of feel that by doing so youre actually backing the idea that women are to be objectified and sexualised rather than to be aspired to or looked up to.
That being said I think women should be able to jiggle their body around without it being seen as a sexual thing but that's not what Jess is doing is it!

Reactions: 11
I’m troubled by her self empowerment posts - she’s so naive to say that people can just “get over” their self limiting beliefs and just do it. All the “blah blah blah” dismissing people’s potential trauma and emotional issues is so thoughtless and shows her lack of education in this area. She’s preying on vulnerable people who think Jess can help them with their lives. This all seems v dodgy and immoral to me.

Reactions: 7
Agree with the above completely.

Not everyone is stuck where they are due to “self limiting beliefs” ...lots of people are limited by external factors and being told that you should be able to journal a bit, smell some sage and get through it all can be so damaging. It could bring a whole new layer of guilt, shame and just feeling unworthy for the people that try Jess’s methods and don’t notice any change.

Just found this! Only been following her a few months. But have been feeling increasingly “off” about her suggestive photos, while trying to sell me a life coaching course.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.