Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

plinky2

VIP Member
This thread feels like a load of people talking double speak and double think in a very strange way. We can all have our own opinions and dislike each other’s opinions. You don’t need to go full Miss Marple picking apart every line sentence by sentence to try to find a ‘gotcha’ on me, I mean fill your boots if it makes you happy but I am not obliged to converse with you anymore if you can’t have a polite well reasoned 2 way discussion and can ignore.

I’m not going to change my mind, I think JC as a TV presenter on a show is something I can avoid - I don’t have to watch it, and it’s not really causing any harm to anyone from him presenting a game show, but when it comes to the main stream media, these views do have a wider reach, which are not simply avoidable, and they are damaging. Frankly he just makes himself look awful. his appeal is certainly ‘for a certain type’ of person who thinks Nigel Farage is an ok guy. He isn’t a serious journalist with integrity he is just a greedy man who wants to get paid, he doesn’t care about what he writes or the effect it has on anyone and in this way I don’t take him seriously - he is no one important, apart from his own pompous self importance.

The worst thing is watching all these pompous self important media types stomp around peacocking each other, he is just louder, more coarse and vulgar than the other types everyone is complaining about - they all just have big egos, think they are important and will sell out for cash. Some just do it more quietly. You are all arguing as if there are 2 sides, firstly is not a war, secondly these people are all cut from the same cloth

Reactions: 3

lilyannrose

VIP Member
If this is aimed at me, it wasn’t me who made a fuss about this. I did say there is no such thing as mixed race which is a scientific fact, not one of my own snooty opinion 😑. All humans are the same race, aka human so the term is outdated but still used as a descriptor and is a class based societal system
It's not aimed at any one person, just a general exasperation with unrealistic expectations. I find it really stressful that we have to know exactly the proper thing to say at all times and that innocent mistakes can and have cost livelihoods.

Of course, that is not to downplay the seriousness and prevelance of bigotry and those who not only don't even try but actively offend as much as possible like it's noble or something.

Reactions: 3

StatusWoe

VIP Member
This wasn’t what came up, and I don’t believe this is why JC punched him but someone called him an Irish cunt who was pussy and that he made up his injuries and should have manned up. They are Irish so it’s fine to say it apparently.
And we don't even know that they're Irish. Internet trolls can claim anything because it's impossible to verify their identity. They could be Jeremy Clarkson himself for all we know. 😂

Reactions: 2
Like you say, he punched someone and still is presenting game shows and on prime time TV. At least he likes sheep
Well, a guy at my husband's work punched someone there, got fired, and now works for another company in the same industry, so what's the solution, is he supposed to not work again or only do jobs that are something entirely different? Dunno if he likes sheep, though - maybe if I knew, I'd care more about what he does/doesn't do now😜

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
Jeremy clarkson is willingly contracted to write an editorial with a racist, hate speech, misogynistic tabloid newspaper. I will indeed tar him with the same brush. Those who wish to distance themselves from this kind of behaviour and opinions do not associate with this kind of publication. JC is part of the media, he has a wide reach and a platform which he is choosing to be part of the gutter press. He should be called out on his choices.

@HairyWeeTerrier
I feel a bit sorry for you in some ways, as ignorance is always a pity. It is the case that the wealthy (mostly white) western world govern the income of poorer countries. To keep cost low to generate huge profits leads to desperate measures within the countries to keep up mass production. There are so many examples of this, Shein, sugar production to name only 2 which have been in the media recently where the working conditions are awful because the entire economy is reliant on the income from the U.K./US and they have no power to make internal changes or improve legislation because no one really cares about them, they just want the profits and products. People do indeed live in countries where everyone is seen as commodity, but that is driven by the wealthy countries who use these workforces. It was interesting to see you making it sound like it was a fair choice of a country in the Far East.

Countries who commit atrocities against their own citizens is obviously not always racism though is it, why would you think that? I’m not sure what you mean by this? I don’t really understand how you are linking those together, but anyway. It is often driven by money, and power. Our own country tore through most of the world gathering up peoples precious history, enslaving, stealing and killing and we are still seeing the fall out of the damage we did in many places, including Africa.

No one is mixed race, there is only 1 race in the world and it is the human race. It is someone’s ethnicity and their features that differ based on your ancestry and origins.

Going to London and seeing black waiters once and cutting your friend off for not liking them doesn’t give you a ‘I’m not a racist’ badge of honour because you did one decent thing once 🤣
Of course, I am ignorant, but you know what they say ? Ignorance is bliss. 😇

Oops, I realise that now.
Think I’m getting mixed up, I quoted the wrong post 😂 should have gone to the person who thought you were serious. 😉

Last edited:

181paul

So, If anyone is rude to you. You don't question them about it? Your first instinct is to assault them! Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
What they've filmed will probably air. But something is happening with them at the last minute scrapping a press conference and his apology post yesterday.

plinky2

VIP Member
Like you say, he punched someone and still is presenting game shows and on prime time TV. At least he likes sheep

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
I wonder if Jeremy is finding it difficult to keep his mouth shut about the revelations from Harry’s book ?

Reactions: 1

Lovenews

Chatty Member
Just a note on people throwing using the word racist. .... if JC punched and insulted an Irish person for being Irish it is called being xenophobic.

• Heart

plinky2

VIP Member
People who comment like the above that they are Irish, or BAME or female, or whatever minority is being discriminated against really do a disservice to minorities. It's bad enough being discriminated against, but when one of your own turn around and say there is no discrimination cause they are a minority and they have never been discriminated against it feeds the old misogynistic, racist bullies. Its really sad that people are so gaslighted that they take the bullies side.
It’s Gaslighting