Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Adawu

VIP Member
It’s not really up to white people to decide what is or isn’t racism and I shall leave that there
Rubbish

This wasn’t what came up, and I don’t believe this is why JC punched him but someone called him an Irish cunt who was pussy and that he made up his injuries and should have manned up. They are Irish so it’s fine to say it apparently.
Yes, Yes it is, it's called having an opinion.

Reactions: 1

Peachsquish

VIP Member
I haven't a clue what you're referring to (in particular).

Go on then. I strongly suspect you have none.

But this thread is about Clarkson, so if you're only here to berate Meghan & Harry then I don't see the point in continuing this discussion.
My original post and the subsequent personal attacks on me were originally posted in the Harry and Meghan thread. One of the moderators moved them to this thread.
Has got rather funny now although I read either The Sun or News of the World every weekend as a child and now followThe Sun on fb because I thought Clarkson was a bit OTT in his article and that apology timescales should be the same for all.
I am 'a certain type who's been trained to hate it'

However to bring the thread back to Clarkson sometimes he can be funny and sometimes just an arse.

Weathergirl

Chatty Member
Goodness, there are a lot of sanctimonious opinions expressed on this thread..on both "sides". But, Clarkson is a t*at IMO. Megan is likely to be a Narc, IMO. However I have not yet decided whether I like her or not. I do believe the right wing media is targeting her with racist motives. However I also believe a white person is capable of considering the definition of racism, irrespective of whether they have ever experienced racism, and forming a view as to whether or not a particular behaviour, word or action amounts to racism. They may be incorrect in that opinion, but they are entitled to have and express it.

wibble

VIP Member
This thread feels like a load of people talking double speak and double think in a very strange way. We can all have our own opinions and dislike each other’s opinions. You don’t need to go full Miss Marple picking apart every line sentence by sentence to try to find a ‘gotcha’ on me, I mean fill your boots if it makes you happy but I am not obliged to converse with you anymore if you can’t have a polite well reasoned 2 way discussion and can ignore.

I’m not going to change my mind, I think JC as a TV presenter on a show is something I can avoid - I don’t have to watch it, and it’s not really causing any harm to anyone from him presenting a game show, but when it comes to the main stream media, these views do have a wider reach, which are not simply avoidable, and they are damaging. Frankly he just makes himself look awful. his appeal is certainly ‘for a certain type’ of person who thinks Nigel Farage is an ok guy. He isn’t a serious journalist with integrity he is just a greedy man who wants to get paid, he doesn’t care about what he writes or the effect it has on anyone and in this way I don’t take him seriously - he is no one important, apart from his own pompous self importance.

The worst thing is watching all these pompous self important media types stomp around peacocking each other, he is just louder, more coarse and vulgar than the other types everyone is complaining about - they all just have big egos, think they are important and will sell out for cash. Some just do it more quietly. You are all arguing as if there are 2 sides, firstly is not a war, secondly these people are all cut from the same cloth
I agree.

Where I disagree is that this affair is part of a pattern.
The difference being that when Allison P Davis, and more latterly Joanna Weiss, (and there have been others) where attacked, the borg of UK liberal twitter didn't embark on a moral witch hunt: and demand mob justice.
And we could ask why...
Or we could just pretend...

But as you say people are not going to change their tune.

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
You don’t need to apologise for anything and I for one am completely unoffended. I like JC too, I will continue to like him, and I find the endless nitpicking and blathering on about perceived racism, sexism and every other -ism under the sun where none exists absolutely ridiculous. My post about the “Far East” was not intended to be taken seriously (although I have absolutely been accused of racism in my academic day job for using that term). I was taking the piss of that type of authoritarian idiocy where posters on this thread have accused others of racism and misogyny based on absolutely fuck-all, and the insanity of identity politics in which you can never be politically correct enough.

I love your comment…. You can never be politically correct enough!

wibble

VIP Member
The comment amount hating Meghan "on a cellular level" came across as a bit dodgy from a race point of view.
I depends whose cells.

Given the context, of his talking about his personal reaction, you're are really rather reaching to make that case.

I haven't a clue what you're referring to (in particular).

Go on then. I strongly suspect you have none.

But this thread is about Clarkson, so if you're only here to berate Meghan & Harry then I don't see the point in continuing this discussion.
This sort of thing...

As for H&m (not the clothes shop), I didn't mention them.
Unless you are referring to the posts that got transferred from the Meghan and Harry thread.

In my reply to you I addressed your quote...
Which explained what Jeremy Clarkson didn't say, and why people should hate him for saying what he didn't say.
Which is precisely why the Sun should never have retracted the article, or apologized.

Last edited:

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
So, If anyone is rude to you. You don't question them about it? Your first instinct is to assault them! Thanks for clearing up my confusion.
Well that’s what he does 😂😂😂 so why not? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Have I stumbled upon yet another thread that’s a rave one rather than an open discussion about someone?

On a debate about being permanently offended by absolutely anything… people are getting offended! You couldn’t write this shit!

Lico

Chatty Member
I've loathed him for years. When he assaulted that producer he also called him a 'lazy Irish c*nt'. Imo this proves that his bigotry isn't faked, he genuinely is a nasty bigoted man.

Sophie Corcoran is the worst.
Ironically, his current partner is Irish.