Jenny Apple #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two lives appeared on YT yesterday. Jenny is in the hospital and is not expected to live much longer. There are new revelations about her declining health, including that her left lung is almost filled with the tumour.

We’ve discussed the fact that Jenny has addressed the YT audience to say that Kyle is ‘allowed’ to fall in love and get married again and speculation about the possibility that Kyle intends to continue with YT as a job after Jenny passes away. Her best friend arrived to spend time with her.
---
I personally was fine with the Apples having a GFM for treatment purposes and for essentials as Kyle was Jenny's caregiver and in addition they have small children. I was also fine with it because their vlogs were good and informative and awareness-raising. However, after Jenny's death, Kyle should donate a large portion of it to some meaningful cause and there is no need for him to receive more money from viewers.

I agree. It is one thing to use the money to ease the genuine burden of medical costs and being unable to work. It’s another to begin engaging.in shameless, gratuitous spending the way Kyle has.

Maybe it’s his way of coping? Or maybe he is materialistic and shallow. But it’s in bad taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Recap:
jenny was taken to their local hospital bc tests revealed that she had suffered multiple? Pulmonary Emboli? She is not stable enough to be transferred to CoH. She is having difficulty breathing and is in pain. They admitted her for treatment. after seeing her ct chrst results an oncologist? Told them that Jenny was actively dying. Kyle tells us during two live videos yesterday, that Jenny hadn’t been doing so well the past five days. He also said that her left lung is full of cancerous tumours. The family and close friends are gathering. Jenny comes on the video and despite her condition seems very lucid and gives direction to Kyle on what he should do after her passing. Kyle speaks about transitioning to “comfort” care at some point, but at this point we are not sure what level of treatment she is on besides high flow oxygen and pain medication. No other info known at present I believe.

Please feel free to add, edit or correct any missing or wrong info. Lots of details were not given or explained, which is perfectly fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Elpis said:
I've come to realize I'm weird. I'm still one of the sheeple who likes Kyle and sympathizes with him. My main issue is filming the children. They can't really consent and it just feels wrong. But I know of people, especially on Instagram, who film their children going through cancer, even up till death! Recently a little girl was on her death bed and the camera was there, watching her with the oxygen mask on, knowing there was no hope.

But when an adult wants to document their illness, I'm ok with it, and often I feel like I've learned a lot from watching them. How to think about death, how to plan for my own, if that makes any sense. Or how to think about going through it with a loved one, should the time come, and it comes for many of us. And how to deal with other dire situations, which I've already had to do with my child.

I don't like watching Josh, never did. But Kyle's personality appeals to me. I've always felt the videos were started by Jenny and remained HER focus, and he just went along with it. That may or may not be true, but I find him to be a guy, coping with just about the worst situation you can find yourself in, with courage and compassion.

Doesn't mean I've got anything figured out - just that I find it a touching and compelling story, that I think I'm learning from (like Emily Hayward, and quite a few others). There's a Buddhist practice - contemplate death every day, to ground yourself, to give yourself perspective in this life and not get caught up in trivialities (and most things are). (just my humble opinion and I'm willing too admit I may be not only wrong but perhaps a bit deranged?) But I find watching this (and others like it) to be life-changing, maybe not in a "good" way but in a way that makes me feel less afraid and stronger.
Not weird at all. Such a thoughtful post, thank you for sharing. I also like Kyle and understand and agree with much of what you said. My only concern was when it gets to the point where someone is not altogether there, due to medications and disease, I worry it’s not fair to them, so that makes me uneasy. But then maybe that’s part of the process Jenny wanted to capture, I’m not sure. I won’t say it’s exploitative, I don’t believe that’s the case here as we all know it was Jenny’s intention to record her entire journey. That was her decision. I guess it’s just my own personal feeling that those last days and moments should be reserved for loved ones. That said, of course death is a natural process, and I also know some feel it’s not something to be hidden, or even necessarily to kept private. I’m talking in circles a bit here as honestly I go back and forth on how I feel about all of this. In the end it's obviously a very personal choice. I certainly know that just because I can't relate to something, doesn't mean it's wrong. I'm glad it was helpful to you in some way, and no doubt many of their viewers will feel the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Two lives appeared on YT yesterday. Jenny is in the hospital and is not expected to live much longer. There are new revelations about her declining health, including that her left lung is almost filled with the tumour.

We’ve discussed the fact that Jenny has addressed the YT audience to say that Kyle is ‘allowed’ to fall in love and get married again and speculation about the possibility that Kyle intends to continue with YT as a job after Jenny passes away. Her best friend arrived to spend time with her.
---
I personally was fine with the Apples having a GFM for treatment purposes and for essentials as Kyle was Jenny's caregiver and in addition they have small children. I was also fine with it because their vlogs were good and informative and awareness-raising. However, after Jenny's death, Kyle should donate a large portion of it to some meaningful cause and there is no need for him to receive more money from viewers.

I agree. It is one thing to use the money to ease the genuine burden of medical costs and being unable to work. It’s another to begin engaging.in shameless, gratuitous spending the way Kyle has.

Maybe it’s his way of coping? Or maybe he is materialistic and shallow. But it’s in bad taste.
I find some of it to be in bad taste but I'm still not sure if it's blatant exploitativeness and grabbiness or just 2 people who are extremely open and are so addicted to documenting all this that they don't even understand that it could be too much. And at the same time I agree with suzeq who implied that it's good to talk about death. Death shouldn't be taboo. And it seems to be Jenny who so wants to be filmed. Maybe it really is their way of coping (like Tiffany's, allegedly). However, I still hope their kids will not be exposed to these videos, whatever their age. It would be distressing to see their mum so distressed. I saw my grandma distressed and it still haunts me. I don't know how people cope. So yes, I'm conflicted about this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Recap:
jenny was taken to their local hospital bc tests revealed that she had suffered multiple? Pulmonary Emboli? She is not stable enough to be transferred to CoH. She is having difficulty breathing and is in pain. They admitted her for treatment. after seeing her ct chrst results an oncologist? Told them that Jenny was actively dying. Kyle tells us during two live videos yesterday, that Jenny hadn’t been doing so well the past five days. He also said that her left lung is full of cancerous tumours. The family and close friends are gathering. Jenny comes on the video and despite her condition seems very lucid and gives direction to Kyle on what he should do after her passing. Kyle speaks about transitioning to “comfort” care at some point, but at this point we are not sure what level of treatment she is on besides high flow oxygen and pain medication. No other info known at present I believe.

Please feel free to add, edit or correct any missing or wrong info. Lots of details were not given or explained, which is perfectly fine.
Excellent summary to date. Nice balance of medical info and what is going on in the family. Thank you so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Even at this late stage Jenny is definitely running the show. It was interesting how much more with it she was in those lives than in any videos she's posted on the last few weeks.

Youtube lives are compensated differently than regular videos. It's a big algorithm of length, viewer engagement (hence her asking for suggestions), viewers watching until the end, etc, but there isn't the usual ad revenue.

I don't think Blobby has much to say so in their relationship at all. I am not a big Blobby fan just because he's so goofy, materialistic and ineffectual but my heart goes out to him for having to go thru this ordeal.

Has she/he posted anything this morning?

I saw this on IG today and thought about Jenny buying the 2 rings because they were sad.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Ridiculous Jenny Apple 'obituaries' are appearing on YouTube and have horrible, salacious thumbnails. One video even has photos of a random family who are nothing to do with J&K. People disgust me.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Ridiculous Jenny Apple 'obituaries' are appearing on YouTube and have horrible, salacious thumbnails. One video even has photos of a random family who are nothing to do with J&K. People disgust me.
Late July the oncologist told them she probably had 6 to 9 mos to live. Only living 3 mos is so sad especially when they hadn't planned anything previously and were slowly coming around to the reality she might not make it much longer.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Not weird at all. Such a thoughtful post, thank you for sharing. I also like Kyle and understand and agree with much of what you said. My only concern was when it gets to the point where someone is not altogether there, due to medications and disease, I worry it’s not fair to them, so that makes me uneasy. But then maybe that’s part of the process Jenny wanted to capture, I’m not sure. I won’t say it’s exploitative, I don’t believe that’s the case here as we all know it was Jenny’s intention to record her entire journey. That was her decision. I guess it’s just my own personal feeling that those last days and moments should be reserved for loved ones. That said, of course death is a natural process, and I also know some feel it’s not something to be hidden, or even necessarily to kept private. I’m talking in circles a bit here as honestly I go back and forth on how I feel about all of this. In the end it's obviously a very personal choice. I certainly know that just because I can't relate to something, doesn't mean it's wrong. I'm glad it was helpful to you in some way, and no doubt many of their viewers will feel the same.
My thoughts exactly.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can see Jenny being the one that is pushing for the final money grabs (if that's what they are) instead of Kyle. She's always been pretty blunt and obviously loves her family beyond anything else so maybe she's trying to get as much as she can for them to make it easier when she's gone. Even if people view it in poor taste, she probably figures she'll be gone and Kyle can leave YT and get away from it, so why not. I could probably do the same in a similar situation (if I was one to be as public as they've been).
I don't know but it's all a crappy situation no matter what's behind their actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been a live or any update today as of yet. My genuine hope is for Jenny to find peace - and spend all her time with her loved ones. But I'm still a little surprised there hasn't been an update today

• Heart
I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been a live or any update today as of yet. My genuine hope is for Jenny to find peace - and spend all her time with her loved ones. But I'm still a little surprised there hasn't been an update today
I wondered today as I was driving home if there was the faintest of possibilities that Jenny might go back to her home?

Mel hasn't even posted on IG today. Maybe they are making the decision to go with comfort care and coming to terms with it. Hopefully her mom, dad and brother are with her. I think once they give her comfort meds she might not be able to communicate much so hopefully no more sad lives.
---
I wondered today as I was driving home if there was the faintest of possibilities that Jenny might go back to her home?
I think only if one of those miracles occur and her breathing gets significantly better. We can always hope for miracles. I know she wanted to die at home but it might best for her kids and Kyle if it happens at the hospital.

I find some of it to be in bad taste but I'm still not sure if it's blatant exploitativeness and grabbiness or just 2 people who are extremely open and are so addicted to documenting all this that they don't even understand that it could be too much. And at the same time I agree with suzeq who implied that it's good to talk about death. Death shouldn't be taboo. And it seems to be Jenny who so wants to be filmed. Maybe it really is their way of coping (like Tiffany's, allegedly). However, I still hope their kids will not be exposed to these videos, whatever their age. It would be distressing to see their mum so distressed. I saw my grandma distressed and it still haunts me. I don't know how people cope. So yes, I'm conflicted about this.
I agree with much of this. On one hand, I was slightly horrified that they were filming these 2 lives showing Jenny panicked and close to the end, but on the other, I agree that their channel has become completely addictive to them. I also thought the kids seemed so at ease in the hospital room, playing in the window and not in a state of distress. Maybe Jenny and Kyle have achieved something valuable in this respect. Those children are well aware she's dying soon, but they appear to be coping. I don't have a problem with Kyle and Jenny's GFM or monetising the account. If it takes pressure off him in the months to come, good luck to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Late July the oncologist told them she probably had 6 to 9 mos to live. Only living 3 mos is so sad especially when they hadn't planned anything previously and were slowly coming around to the reality she might not make it much longer.
Yes and then throw in the false hope of the trial.

"maybe" he's materialistic and shallow? Of course he is, both he and Jenny are, no doubt about it. A very bad example for the kids.

• Angry
I think there is some close extended family and most probably her parents...most of whom are not wanting to be on camera even on a good day let alone this sad time.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
That was a sad watch. It’s certainly a new era having cancer vloggers dying ‘live’ … peace to Jenny and I hope the family just stop and forget the camera for a while so they can concentrate on those beautiful kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Mel hasn't even posted on IG today. Maybe they are making the decision to go with comfort care and coming to terms with it. Hopefully her mom, dad and brother are with her. I think once they give her comfort meds she might not be able to communicate much so hopefully no more sad lives.
---

I think only if one of those miracles occur and her breathing gets significantly better. We can always hope for miracles. I know she wanted to die at home but it might best for her kids and Kyle if it happens at the hospital.
i think we might still get the lives...it would be Kyle at the hospital in another area while someone else was visiting. I am struck by the fact that just last week COH while never veering from the timeline and extent of the cancer( but not doing apparent the scan done at this hospital) is pleased with her visit and now find out tumor is pretty much completely invaded her lung. Just hard to understand. The PEs were the signal of the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.