Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck - Bennifer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the way ticket sales were going, it makes sense to write the whole thing off as a loss now using the divorce as an excuse, than risk the sad spectacle of a distracted JLo performing to half-empty venues and last-minute cancellations.

Reactions: 9
Interestingly, some people (Adele?) just disappear and appear as and when they want to. But someone like Jlo is papped everywhere (set ups presumably) and has to keep themselves in the public eye. It's an unfair comparison as Adele is so talented, but I guess what I mean is, why do some people want fame?

I would absolutely hate being famous and under scrutiny. Now, people are speculating about her career and her marriage. If I were JLo, I would take a good year or so out, get a new manager, and have a total rethink.

So many of us can relate to loving a man who is smart but complicated. I would be head over heels even though I know he is no good for me.

Reactions: 10
She can be a decent actress when she wants to be.She was flat out great in Hustlers.I don't understand why she persists with music when she can barely sing.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She can be a decent actress when she wants to be.She was flat out great in Hustlers.I don't understand why she persists with music when she can barely sing.
Great in hustlers?… did we watch the same film? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love how she claims she cancelled the tour to be with her family.....nothing to do with poor ticket sales. 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Exactly this. Her marriage and her career seem to be on a downward turn, and people are queuing up to put the boot in. She has an ego. ok , she isn't the greatest dancer - okay... not exactly a crime
I was musing on this just now, and I think the problem is that J.Lo has reminded a lot of people that she exists with this attempt at a career resurgence. I have happily passed many years of my life not thinking about her at all, and now suddenly she's all over everything trying to convince us to buy into her sham music career (she can act all she wants, there's plenty of mediocrity in Hollywood, she fits right in) and it's reminded me just how much I can't stand her. I imagine it's been the same for a lot of people, so it looks like the jackals emerging to pick her corpse clean.

Reactions: 7
Why have people 'turned on her'? I don't think you can call not selling tickets to her show and people calling her out for being rude to her staff 'turning on her'.

Why have people 'turned on her'? I don't think you can call not selling tickets to her show and people calling her out for being rude to her staff 'turning on her'.
I think social media has been her downfall. People can now speak up more freely about her treatment.

Her ego knows no end, she can’t sing or act. She is attractive and a great performer but that can only carry you so far in the end.

The fact that she actually thought she deserved the oscar for hustlers says it all really about her ego.

Reactions: 14
Reports of her nasty - not just rude, but openly hostile - behavior towards service workers and other people she considers beneath her have been around for decades. Social media now makes it a lot easier to tell those stories.

The tipping story is particularly disastrous for her because it seems like it reads like a microcosm of her and Ben’s relationship, one where he’s generous and kind and she’s cruel and vindictive.

Plus her affiliation with Diddy is a bad look these days.

That said, I will go to bat for Hustlers. I don’t think she deserved a win, but a Best Supporting Actress nom wouldn’t have been crazy.

Despite the diva image, she somehow manages to give off major NPC energy. She's one of those singers that's plastered everywhere but nobody genuinely cares enough about. Her music is very shallow and doesn't really help people through difficult life situations or feel relatable in any way.

Not sure if this has been brought up in previous threads but she was heavily implicated in the death of a showbiz gossip Tiktoker Kyle Marisa Roth. Arguably, the creator was a complex person who antagonised a lot of celebs but Jlo was the one who went out of her way to copyright claim Kyle's videos and eventually got her main channel taken down. She had a second, smaller channel where she was able to inform viewers of what happened and made it clear JLo or her team was behind it. Losing her channel clearly sent her into a downward spiral and she passed away a few weeks later. This is also why JLo's Tiktok account is flooded with JusticeForKyle hashtags or tags to her account. To this day, nobody has responded to any of the allegations or controversy surrounding Kyle's death.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Meh… are we meant to feel sorry for her?

She chooses to have the level of exposure she has had the last few months. I think by now we know that celebrities can live a more private life if they wish to, however she loves the pap strolls and the
Media attention.

People are just sick of her and her nasty attitude and they’re calling her out on it finally. Even now with the split rumours one day she’s wearing her ring the next day it’s off, then they’re walking around together again with their rings back on.

Reactions: 16
Despite the diva image, she somehow manages to give off major NPC energy. She's one of those singers that's plastered everywhere but nobody genuinely cares enough about. Her music is very shallow and doesn't really help people through difficult life situations or feel relatable in any way.

Not sure if this has been brought up in previous threads but she was heavily implicated in the death of a showbiz gossip Tiktoker Kyle Marisa Roth. Arguably, the creator was a complex person who antagonised a lot of celebs but Jlo was the one who went out of her way to copyright claim Kyle's videos and eventually got her main channel taken down. She had a second, smaller channel where she was able to inform viewers of what happened and made it clear JLo or her team was behind it. Losing her channel clearly sent her into a downward spiral and she passed away a few weeks later. This is also why JLo's Tiktok account is flooded with JusticeForKyle hashtags or tags to her account. To this day, nobody has responded to any of the allegations or controversy surrounding Kyle's death.
What? Kyle Marisa Roth passed? I used to love her. I only got rid of tiktok a few months ago and she was fine then. WTF!!!???

THIS IS HORRIBLE

Edit. Just had a Google and OMG she has passed. I'm gutted, she came across really nice and loved a bit of gossip...you want more...I'll give you more.

RIP Kyle!

• Heart
The problem with jlo is she was very much a golden girl in the mid to late 90’s and early 00’s, she was on top with the films she was making (I actually love her in that Oliver stone movie with Sean penn) and musically too. The thing is now she wants all that back again by the seems of things, and people are over her. Her diva demands, all the stories about how difficult and high maintenance she is. People are over her - simple as. There are better actresses around and better singers certainly. She seems very narcissistic and needs attention at all times, now she’s not getting it or setting up drama in her personal life, she’s getting “hated” on.

Reactions: 14
With JLo it is also a case of who you treat like crap on the way up will be there to sell stories about you on the way down. She appears on every list of stars who treat people terribly, so not really a surprise. Also I think trying to sell the her and Ben true love story at the expense of Jen Garner did not go down well.

Reactions: 18
She’s bleeping terrible, a-list in her own mind moniker seems appropriate. She’s been so nasty about other stars (running them and their achievements down) and being a complete witch to people she sees as beneath her so that karma coming calling and kicking her up the arse seems a fair ending to the story.

Yel

She was in the right place at the right time to be used as a vessel by Mariah's ex-husband for revenge.

The media of 20 years ago helped give her the illusion of star status. But it was all smoke and mirrors with no substance to back it up.

She either had no idea that her profile was massively inflated or that the media has changed. Probably both.

Reactions: 12