Jemhow #3 jemma mc gowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Usually different tumors as in different cancer types. Not in this case.
Her cancer is spreading it's not a new type of cancer.
Re her update
there is zero good news with two new tumors especially lungs and spine.
Ah, I see. If that is the case I wonder if the chemo she's looking at is a private treatment? Not an NHS option.

Ah, I see. If that is the case I wonder if the chemo she's looking at is a private treatment? Not an NHS option.
That would be my opinion that it's something she is going to source herself. Someone with multiple mets wouldn't be offered more treatment. Other than symptom relief treatment

This is what I didn't understand but because she said her consultant in London, it made me think its private. She said several times that the NHS don't have any options for her

Reactions: 2
I feel so bad saying but I just sense another GFM incoming because it's probably going to be private chemo and somebody will have to pay that.
Don't get me wrong, such a sad situation, but it's gonna rack in a lot more money.
Ditto. This is all clever PR. She was offered trials at Christmas and didn’t take them

Reactions: 3
It's possible she's been offered a clinical trial for advanced ovarian cancer using either immunotherapy or novel drug ( and which may only be a available at certain hospitals, eg The Marsden) ....I've known (NHS) patients travel for treatment in these situations and there are currently several trials she might be able to take part in, dependant on satisfactory blood results ( ie acceptable liver function)
These are some of the current trials in U.K. ( although there may be others available at The Marsden) https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ab...[0]=field_trial_status:4386&items_per_page=20

Reactions: 1
It's possible she's been offered a clinical trial for advanced ovarian cancer using either immunotherapy or novel drug ( and which may only be a available at certain hospitals, eg The Marsden) ....I've known (NHS) patients travel for treatment in these situations and there are currently several trials she might be able to take part in, dependant on satisfactory blood results ( ie acceptable liver function)
These are some of the current trials in U.K. ( although there may be others available at The Marsden) https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ab...[0]=field_trial_status:4386&items_per_page=20
She was offered one in Glasgow at Christmas

Reactions: 1
Yes, the source of the new treatment (ie. Private or NHS) was a bit vague... Which the cynic in me thinks was done purposefully. Sure if its NHS then no need for the 20k+ donated in recent months to send her back to Mexico. If it was private and she was having to pay, she would have made a big deal about NHS still providing nothing when an option is available, especially given her recent posts about Tanya having to pay for her own chemo.

Reactions: 4
Yes, the source of the new treatment (ie. Private or NHS) was a bit vague... Which the cynic in me thinks was done purposefully. Sure if its NHS then no need for the 20k+ donated in recent months to send her back to Mexico. If it was private and she was having to pay, she would have made a big deal about NHS still providing nothing when an option is available, especially given her recent posts about Tanya having to pay for her own chemo.
Yes I think after sundays event there will be a big push for a chemo fund and i feel awful even thinking this

Reactions: 5
Yes I think after sundays event there will be a big push for a chemo fund and i feel awful even thinking this
She's just so predictable though, she must've had at least over 300k in donations at this point and not one single bit of it has went to tax, don't believe it would.
Everyone's struggling with everything rising but Jemma will pull the guilty cards out and some people will probably go without to fund her.

Feel bad even thinking bad of the girl and have seen her and the way she turns on people in her stories. All sweetness and drawing it out for ages getting her point across yet the minute she gets a message saying to go and have the treatment a different Jemma appears. She doesn’t like opinions or being questioned. There’s definitely something brewing. Genuine concern would be her saying she lost the use in her leg and worried about tumour in her spine. Why is she driving a car with her small children in it. God forbid anything happened, her insurance would surely be void. That’s a huge risk for someone that claimed to be carried to the toilet a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: 10
I completely agree with the above, really don’t think she should be driving a car if the power in her right leg is reduced.

I took it as the source of the treatment was the nhs , but that this clinic in London links in with the clinic over here in belfast i presume .just the way she said that next appointment she was pencilled in for treatment too . I have worked in oncology and think that things have changed slightly is some tumours have reduced but these new ones particularly on spinal cord would have meant new symptom relief treatment available ie one that would potentially act on the tumour on her spine to shrink or a halt it’s progression . Therefore trying to stop spinal cord compression , and giving her a better quality of life for her remaining time. My heart goes out to her and her family it’s a sad situation, but I do think she’s been frivolously spending a go fund me , or her own monies on silly stuff when asking others for money which isn’t right . But maybe if I was in this situation I’d be treating myself too , but o don’t think I would put myself out there to get donations but suppose it takes all sorts of personalities to make the world go round .

Shes very dismissive about the wee bit of money for mexico that tomorrows event will bring in.
I find it strange that she (or her team!) were not already selling tickets for prizes.
Or was the original plan(same as for the fermanagh event) that the draw was included in ticket price but now she sees a way to get extra funds?
And in case anyone though if she didnt make it back to mexico she wouldnt need any more money....nice that she let us know the protocol will still continue so she will need more.
I wish she would account for all the money raised and where is has gone.
Shannen is under scrutiny for similar.
Its not normal to think you can beg for money and not say what it was used for or how much you have left.

Reactions: 8
I just remembered that the Stacey Dooley programme mentioned that Jemma had also had radiotherapy (in addition to the chemotherapy). I understand that her chemotherapy was stopped quite quickly, but that she had a much longer course of radiotherapy.

Given that she hasn't been having regular scans, is it possible that the radiotherapy did in fact help to shrink/halt the progress of some tumours, and the new ones have grown after the radiotherapy was completed? That's the only thing that makes sense to me in the context of what she's said.

Based on her most recent update, I also took it to mean that this new treatment was on the NHS, but that it's largely palliative in nature and will possibly buy her a bit more time. Although I'm sure if there's a way to monetise it, Jemma will find it...

Reactions: 7
Shes very dismissive about the wee bit of money for mexico that tomorrows event will bring in.
I find it strange that she (or her team!) were not already selling tickets for prizes.
Or was the original plan(same as for the fermanagh event) that the draw was included in ticket price but now she sees a way to get extra funds?
And in case anyone though if she didnt make it back to mexico she wouldnt need any more money....nice that she let us know the protocol will still continue so she will need more.
I wish she would account for all the money raised and where is has gone.
Shannen is under scrutiny for similar.
Its not normal to think you can beg for money and not say what it was used for or how much you have left.
I thought the same... "Final wee bit of money" and "not that much". Tickets were 60 each & there is surely 100 people going! And raffling prizes now. Sure the small event at KissinCrust raised 3k, not to mention the recent raffles at tenner a ticket and the Lunns raffle which raised 15k or more.

I'm sure the reason she didn't want to begin treatment immediately is so she can go to Mexico before starting the chemo. No trip to Mexico, no meds cause God knows they'll want to sap another 20k out of her.

Given that she hasn't been having regular scans, is it possible that the radiotherapy did in fact help to shrink/halt the progress of some tumours, and the new ones have grown after the radiotherapy was completed? That's the only thing that makes sense to me in the context of what she's said.
I agree. The fact she has new tumours I would take to mean the Mexico protocol actually isn't working.

Reactions: 3
Feel bad even thinking bad of the girl and have seen her and the way she turns on people in her stories. All sweetness and drawing it out for ages getting her point across yet the minute she gets a message saying to go and have the treatment a different Jemma appears. She doesn’t like opinions or being questioned. There’s definitely something brewing. Genuine concern would be her saying she lost the use in her leg and worried about tumour in her spine. Why is she driving a car with her small children in it. God forbid anything happened, her insurance would surely be void. That’s a huge risk for someone that claimed to be carried to the toilet a couple of weeks ago.
a family member of mine had stage 4 cancer and his licence was taken away and sent back by the hospital

• Wow
I think it’s so desperately sad that she sees it as “I’m doing something right” with regards to Mexico and the slight improvement in some aspects of the scan findings.

I really do think it’s clutching at straws. The bigger picture here is sadly of overall progression. A new spinal tumour and a new lung tumour. The Mexico protocol is NOT working and they should be ashamed to keep taking her money.

I also think there’s still an element of denial and not really grasping the true gravity of it all. Even suggesting to her oncologist that she delay chemo until her kids start back school. I was amazed at that. Sadly I think any ounce of positivity that came out the oncologist’s mouth has been jumped on and to be honest I don’t blame her. It’s an awful situation but I think with regards to Mexico they are going to continue ripping her off.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it’s so desperately sad that she sees it as “I’m doing something right” with regards to Mexico and the slight improvement in some aspects of the scan findings.

I really do think it’s clutching at straws. The bigger picture here is sadly of overall progression. A new spinal tumour and a new lung tumour. The Mexico protocol is NOT working and they should be ashamed to keep taking her money.

I also think there’s still an element of denial and not really grasping the true gravity of it all. Even suggesting to her oncologist that she delay chemo until her kids start back school. I was amazed at that. Sadly I think any ounce of positivity that came out the oncologist’s mouth has been jumped on and to be honest I don’t blame her. It’s an awful situation but I think with regards to Mexico they are going to continue ripping her off.
This 👆👆👆. You have articulated exactly what I was thinking.

In the Fermanagh event the guests were told that their ticket for the draw was included in the price. Next thing they were going round selling raffle tickets a fiver a pop for the draw

• Wow
Celebration of what? She had it set up business event which pretty much sums her up. Likely the PowerPoint presentation of her story promised won’t have have happened as that many lies and contradictions.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.