Jay Slater Teen Missing In Tenerife #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got a bit left behind and am still catching up, so apologies if this has already been posted.

I see that the teams searching for Jay have found a lost not-Jay, a 51-year-old Scottish hiker who had become lost in a remote area earlier that day. But after X number of days there is still sign of Jay.

I suppose there could be a multitude of reasons why a middle-aged Scottish hiker can be found on the same day he went missing, but a teenaged Lancastrian has to all intents and purposes disappeared.

Reactions: 17
Mark has given himself 3 days to find out some answers. Don't let us down! Maybe he might find him attached to a cactus alongside a land shark??

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Beds police, Lancs, and Met say they've got no intention of speaking with them either. Obviously nowt to do with the case. Maybe he did go to the mountains, but NOT with them.?
Yeah, I mean what would the line of "questioning" be? The UK police aren't involved in the case in any official capacity, so aren't privy to anything that Spanish Police are investigating. I'm certain if requested the UK forces would do their bit, share info etc but as it stands there is no need. The Spanish Police obviously feel they have covered their bases and have let them come home.......be that because they weren't around him or because they accept that he was seen after leaving their company. I think some of the amateur detectives forget that these officers aren't Dads Army ambling around, without a clue. After all the crap with the McCanns in Portugal and the media storm, court cases, books etc - you can't blame them for being cautious.

Reactions: 19
Mark has given himself 3 days to find out some answers. Don't let us down! Maybe he might find him attached to a cactus alongside a land shark??
I see in the news reports that he is quoted as saying, "I come with credibility." I mean, if you do have credibility, do you come out and say it? Even if it's your own opinion?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
News flash the hiker they rescued didn’t need rescuing 🤣

Oh FFS 🤣🤣it’s like an episode of some rubbish TV comedy.

Foreign rescue team - “You need help. You come with us”.
Polite Brit - “Well actually I’m fine, I’m totally prepared, I know what I’m doing, but if you’ve come all this way to rescue someone then of course, yes, I’ll come with you”.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I have these visions now of Mark sitting in a line of duty style police interview room, trying to interrogate a cactus.

Now we’re sucking diesel!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Is Jay’s mum actually related to Shannon Matthew’s mum or is that a joke on tik tok?
I’m not sure who is who at this point. If anyone is interested in doing a tv-style crime map of the different characters, it would be appreciated.

Reactions: 6
I think the low battery comment was not a literal 1% battery otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to connect a call at all.
I can imagine him saying “I’ve only got like 1% battery” when he just means it is less than 20%. It’s a phrase rather than a statement of fact
---

Tenerife has its own police force. The British police don’t just trek all over Europe interviewing people in any way involved in a potential crime with a British person!
Of course you can connect a call with 1% battery. 😂

and @Sunlifeover50 probably meant since they had returned back to England the following day. I believe they were questioned by the Tenerife police before they left.

it would be interesting to know if they had that flight booked, or if they booked it last minute - it’s seems unlikely that they would book a flight home the day after a festival, surely they’d want a day to recover. Going by the stories heard and the state of Jays jaw.
---
They were interviewed before they left Tenerife and had to stay an extra day because of it, according to early reports.
answers my question too! Thanks

it’s seems unlikely that they would book a flight home the day after a festival, surely they’d want a day to recover. Going by the stories heard and the state of Jays jaw.
---
A day to recover is another night to pay for the airbnb. Some people might decide to go straight the airport rather than sleeping

Reactions: 7
Sorry guys, to quote a previous thread, who the duck is Mark?! A new character?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.