Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
Useless Scottish celebrities that were everywhere - you forgot Fran And Anna (though, I thought they were crap when I was a kid in the 1970s, maybe they had some kitsch charm that I wasn't open to at that age) 😆

Limmy is pretty original and well-respected, though (and one of the few Cookdandbombd untouchables - even if he's not as visible on telly right now, he's usually on Twitch/Twitter). And the Burnistoun lads. I had/have a soft spot for Stanley Baxter, seemed some on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread didn't agree when I mentioned him a few months ago.
Love Limmy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Hayanuma

She unlocked this morning, yes. She's already back to posting about unseen people giving her grief, normal service will be resuming soon.

Anyway, her unlocking her account has given me the chance to post screens of the most cynical twitter thread i've ever seen, a real Godley classic

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
I'm horrified by her racism but I'm also deeply upset that apparently tweets full of slurs against the disabled were considered okay. Something was only done about this vile woman when her racism came to light...like, if it had been "just" her horrible tweets about the disabled that clearly would have got a past.

Even in the world of social justice, disability rights and giving any sort of crap about disabled people at all isn't considered worthwhile enough. Makes me heart broken.
In the article that I read only the racist tweets were highlighted so you are absolutely right. I wasn't even aware that she had made offensive tweets about disabled people. That's outrageous and it is very telling. Disgusting that this hasn't been called out properly. Its completely unacceptable and I'm sorry that it has hurt and upset you so much.

boringbsh

Some Godley backstory, before she found fame as a pro-indy celebrity, she was once a popular Tory campaigner, and was so good at it that Thatcher praised her in person at the Scottish Tory Convention.

Source - her own book, in which she also claims to be the head of a shoplifting empire that she sent out to steal her entire outfit for the convention, exact sizes and all

View attachment 757940

If we could get a list of the confirmed sockpuppet accounts she uses that'd be great too, i know of pokeymon5 and TrumpGlasgow

God there's so much stuff. How about when she was so annoying that 50 Cent told her to fuck off? How about her being the single biggest self-retweeter on the site? How about when she claimed her dog was a #metoo story?
I saw somewhere on Twitter she’d sent 50 Cent around 290 tweets??? What an absolute weirdo.

• Wow

Lulalala

Chatty Member
I came across her when she started doing the voice overs during covid and found her funny. I started following her on Facebook but I had to unfollow. She was just vile. If anyone dared to have a different opinion from her you were wrong, and awful and a troll etc. I couldn’t handle the hate she spreads etc

absolutely not surprised she’s a racist and also that she jumps political parties

• Heart
I have someone close to me with diagnosed mental health issues and it bugs the living bejesus out of me the way that it’s dragged out as an excuse for every tiny thing and used for pity parties.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Ginger drink

Chatty Member
Everytime she said in the ad she was going to make people laugh for 10 days, I always said out loud, naw you're no hen because you're just not funny 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
she does these kind of posts all the time, but usually about cases of cis men being convicted of csa offences. for instance

IMG_20230819_070649.jpg

she thinks she's performing some kind of balance given how often drag queens and trans women are accused of being abusers

how she could shoehorn letby in there is beyond me

• Sick

lamaitresse

VIP Member
I’ve always wondered. I’m a very sweary woman. Extremely so. Not shy of a cunt. Swear at home, in public, at work. My mum is the same. I don’t think either of us have ever been called out by a man for swearing?! Yet it happens to her like once a week? A few times yeah I’m not gonna question her lived experience. But that often? In Glasgow? Specifically with taxi drivers?!
Glaswegians always tell you what they think :LOL: I'm not very sweary (only in company of close friends, not even to my mum or the young uns in the family) but I'm sure most Glaswegian cabbies have heard and seen it all by now. Surely they'd want to jolly you along so they get a tip? Waters are muddied a bit in that many private hire cabs have some employees who barely speak English. Even so, I'm sure they'd be the same.

All assumption on my part but there's something disingenuous and not-very-nice about her. No warmth.

I liked her to start with too. Her sending up of Boris Johnston and all the Sandra’s caravan stuff was funny.

I unfollowed her a good few months ago when it all stopped being funny to me.

I see now she’s in some trouble for some historic tweets.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
Janey Godley makes me ashamed to be Scottish. I’ve never thought she was funny. The Government’s reaction of “These things happen” is disgusting. It wouldn’t be that if it was a certain football club!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
It really shows how low she went with that tweet. This thread had been respectfully silent for 8 months! Glad she deleted it.

Eggsandbeans

Guess she is now getting a taste of her own medicine, not so hilarious now are we Janey, I have absolutely no sympathy at all she's just one of those horrible aggressive people that thought she was untouchable, ah hope she is enjoying her wee one woman pity party 🥳
There seem to be a lot of folk letting her off with it if Facebook is anything to go by. I’m glad she’s not getting 12k of taxpayers money anymore anyway.

lamaitresse

VIP Member
I know generalisations are the root of most comedy but can I just say - I'm Glaswegian and I don't drink Irn Bru, rarely touch alcohol, don't own a chip pan (most fried food makes me feel sick and I'm surrounded by chippies in the city centre!), I'm not into the bigotry thing and don't take drugs.

Wish I could see Janey's Tweets - not that I'm going to comment @ her (as I'd imagine she'd set her brown-nosers on me and my mate might well be one of her Followers :ROFLMAO:), will have to peek at her Facebook.

Maybe this is her dose of self awareness that's been a long time coming. Though these types are too arrogant to be accountable for anything, sadly.