Jamie Genevieve #6 Hasn’t had a holiday in 7 years, her hard life would bring you to tears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The amount of stuff here is obscene… Lovely to share amongst your pals, but can you imagine the joy this would bring to a local women’s shelter or charity collecting Christmas gifts for teens and young women…
Jamie’s actually one of the only beauty influencers that I’ve never heard mention about giving stuff to womens shelters or charities. Not saying she definitely doesn’t do it, but I’d imagine a lot of her friends and family are sitting with a TONNE of makeup and skincare when they only have one face 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 17
The amount of stuff here is obscene… Lovely to share amongst your pals, but can you imagine the joy this would bring to a local women’s shelter or charity collecting Christmas gifts for teens and young women…
TBF to Jamie, I didn't actually think charities are allowed to take cosmetics. I used to work in a charity shop and we weren't allowed to take anything like that, regardless of if it was brand new incase it was fake or had been tampered with/used. Also tbh, as a consumer, regardless of my situation, I wouldn't take someone else's old makeup. It's kinda got "using the store testers on your face" vibes

Reactions: 8
I’ve put completely sealed unused stuff in the Beauty Bank collection points in Superdrug before, but most won’t take used, or even lightly used. The only option I had for my barely used stuff was to give away to a neighbour.

Reactions: 6
TBF to Jamie, I didn't actually think charities are allowed to take cosmetics. I used to work in a charity shop and we weren't allowed to take anything like that, regardless of if it was brand new incase it was fake or had been tampered with/used. Also tbh, as a consumer, regardless of my situation, I wouldn't take someone else's old makeup. It's kinda got "using the store testers on your face" vibes
A lot of women’s shelters take stuff that can be easily sanitised but not like mascaras etc for obvious reasons. And a lot of Jamie’s stuff will have never been used. For women who use women’s shelters, having a bit of makeup, even if it’s “using the store testers on your face” vibes, it gives them confidence and helps get back on their feet - feel good about themselves going to job interviews, going to appointments etc. Sophdoeslife has done quite a lot of videos on it

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't like the woman at all but Raw Beauty Kristi did this not long ago - bought dozens of makeup bags and filled them with unused products she had accumulated and donated them to local women's charities. If Jamie contacted a charity directly, explained who she was and said she had a ton of unused products I'm sure they'd take them. Not long ago she was gifted a massive box of CeraVe products which she will not use (I remember because I was too skint at the time to buy a new CeraVe cleanser and had to buy a cheapo tesco one and it pissed me off).

Reactions: 12
I'm just jealous I'm not getting to raid her stash. I need moisturiser and my foundation and mascara are running out but I'm too skint to buy any 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm just jealous I'm not getting to raid her stash. I need moisturiser and my foundation and mascara are running out but I'm too skint to buy any 😂
Why does everything have to run out at the same time 😭kills me

• Haha
Reactions: 11
All her products are in the Black Friday sale on Space NK. 20 - 25% off.

I've always thought she could do proper give-aways, she knows how much people struggle to treat themselves just now or when she was building her kit how amazing it would be to win some products. The fact she has shown how much she has to give away you would think she could organise a huge give away or 12 days of Christmas something like that. I think she is so scared of any backlash in anyway that she would be worried incase people complain but so many youtubers do give-aways she could keep it short & simple or definitely give to woman's shelters, as long as they are brand new & sealed I'm pretty sure they allow that.

Reactions: 9
I've always thought she could do proper give-aways, she knows how much people struggle to treat themselves just now or when she was building her kit how amazing it would be to win some products. The fact she has shown how much she has to give away you would think she could organise a huge give away or 12 days of Christmas something like that. I think she is so scared of any backlash in anyway that she would be worried incase people complain but so many youtubers do give-aways she could keep it short & simple or definitely give to woman's shelters, as long as they are brand new & sealed I'm pretty sure they allow that.
I agree that she doesn’t do any giveaways or anything cos shes terrified of controversy or disputes which is a shame but I get it because people can be really vile over these giveaways however she totally could organise to give them away to a shelter or make some large goodie bags that could be raffled by charities so then she doesn’t have to manage the giveaway herself. Would be nice to see and I don’t think nearly enough influencers use their platforms to give or promote causes.

Reactions: 10
I know a lot of her friends and went to school with them and they just keep passing the bags around to “friends of friends” until it’s gone. I’d love to see it donated or gifted instead of on their instagram stories

Reactions: 8
Of course she is, YouTube money pays well! You can see her accounts online also
£150k in her business accounts after outgoings for the last tax year. Down a bit on the previous year. Hard to tell exactly what she earns but it’s not multi-millions.

Vieve in itself doesn’t really make anything yet, it’s in debt.

YouTube actually pays hardly anything tbh.

Reactions: 5
£150k in her business accounts after outgoings for the last tax year. Down a bit on the previous year. Hard to tell exactly what she earns but it’s not multi-millions.

Vieve in itself doesn’t really make anything yet, it’s in debt.

YouTube actually pays hardly anything tbh.
she’s 1000% a millionaire maybe not multimillion but definitely a millionaire. YouTube pays her easily about 3,000+ a month but let’s not forget the amount of brand deals she does and partnerships. Plus let’s not forget her house was close to a mill and she’s already put down at least 300,000k from her last house off that. Overall net worth is definitely a mill

Reactions: 7
I've always thought she could do proper give-aways, she knows how much people struggle to treat themselves just now or when she was building her kit how amazing it would be to win some products. The fact she has shown how much she has to give away you would think she could organise a huge give away or 12 days of Christmas something like that.
I think the reason most influencers don’t do giveaways is that it would cost them time and money on managing entries and admin and postage and stuff. If it’s not part of your business model then you wouldn’t prioritise it over other activities that make money. I also wonder if there are legal liability issues like if someone had a bad reaction to a product or something? I can see why it wouldn’t be worth the risk to them, purely from a business and revenue standpoint.

Reactions: 6
I agree that she doesn’t do any giveaways or anything cos shes terrified of controversy or disputes which is a shame but I get it because people can be really vile over these giveaways however she totally could organise to give them away to a shelter or make some large goodie bags that could be raffled by charities so then she doesn’t have to manage the giveaway herself. Would be nice to see and I don’t think nearly enough influencers use their platforms to give or promote causes.
Maybe I’m naive but what exactly causes controversy during giveaways? I haven’t seen backlash from other influencers but the only thing I could think is maybe the validity of the person that’s chosen to win?

Reactions: 2
Maybe I’m naive but what exactly causes controversy during giveaways? I haven’t seen backlash from other influencers but the only thing I could think is maybe the validity of the person that’s chosen to win?
My understanding is that any competition whether it’s social media or a tv show phone in is governed by competiton law (esp in the UK) so can be a legal nightmare if not done properly. A load of influencers are probably just winging it and hoping for the best. But it “could” be regarded as too much effort /work

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.