James Smith PT #9 The blue tick bellend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or "Keane" (which I wouldn't consider incorrect; I'm Irish, before anyone has a go at me). I've seen its spelling anglicised to Keane -think it's awful but that's neither here nor there.
---

Not stupid at all.
(Though I couldn't understand how the Americans who were bellowing at Cillian Murphy during an awards ceremony (possibly The Oscars) didn't know how to say his name correctly when it was in the media so much.)
Us Aussies are a simple bunch :ROFLMAO: I know someone with the surname Keane and his mates call him Keeno.

Reactions: 2
Sure Tay is delighted to see his 'what have I done face' post after what I assume is an all nighter cluster feeding and a baby not sleeping.

Reactions: 6
Cian is a lovely name and if people don’t know how to pronounce it you either correct them politely or they can simply ask “how do you pronounce your name?” No one would ever suggest that parent didn’t use a Polish, Chinese or French name to reflect their heritage
and I don’t know why Irish is different.

Anyway I’m living for the dawning realisation that this is hard work. I’d be pretty upset if my partner was going on like that to his ginormous social media audience after I’d just given birth though. Save it for your mates in private.

Reactions: 15
No-one suggested he (or anyone) shouldn't use a particular name. I simply commented that the child will most likely have to correct pronunciation (as you've also pointed out). That can get really tiresome.
---
Sure Tay is delighted to see his 'what have I done face' post after what I assume is an all nighter cluster feeding and a baby not sleeping.
He's such an immature gobshite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Agree. Plus the child will spend his life correcting everyone's mispronunciation of his name.
it was somewhat implied here… ah I’ve see you’ve edited your post since.
---
No-one suggested he (or anyone) shouldn't use a particular name. I simply commented that the child will most likely have to correct pronunciation (as you've also pointed out). That can get really tiresome.

Reactions: 1
it was somewhat implied here… ah I’ve see you’ve edited your post since.
---
You're incorrect. I didn't edit my post - the posts you've quoted are two different posts. One is from yesterday or the day before (couldn't be bothered checking) and one is from today. They both mean the same thing, which I stand over.

I'm beginning to understand the earlier Mumsnet reference on this thread. It's bleeping tedious.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.