James Smith #7 Mullet man, please swipe up for my premium plan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad to read theses comments about what Shona said. I'm in disbelief that she wrote that post. I haven't been following her long, but for any semi intelligent woman to write she did, shows either that she's thick or going down the Acmes Smith route of being controversial. Her advice was completely wrong and harmful, but the worst part of it for me, was when she said at the end that to make matters more complex, if we find the man attractive, we might welcome the male gaze, so "what's a guy to do". Well duck me, what year is it again?
Swiftly unfollowed her for such shite.
She had a fundamental misunderstanding of a couple of concepts that, in a classic undergrad way mixed with internalised misogyny (that she herself admitted she has), she conflated to come to a crappy conclusion. The difference is most undergrads’ false equivalences are only read by their tutor or unpicked in a seminar. God knows I came up with some nonsense at uni. They don’t get seen by 500k followers and then sent around the internet.

A couple of final pence on this:
1. It’s a shame that racist dicks have ensured that all of the reasonable comments and discussion will never see the light of day again. Newsflash, fighting misogyny with racism does not a solution make.
2. I wonder what the reaction would have been if JS or one of his ilk had said something similar. I probably do hold/held Shona to a higher standard, and the post seemed out of character which I think is why I personally had such a strong reaction. I think I would have seen it as business as usual for James et al.
3. The streisand effect on her posts was so real. By doubling down, gaslighting her followers, and saying we missed the point when she also refused to see our point of view, ensured that what originally was a lively discussion turned into an internet bin fire.
4. I think the upshot of this is large accounts should either stay in their lane OR make sure they know what they’re talking about before launching their nonsense onto the internet. Especially when they say that “this is the post that might get me cancelled” 😠 Should be a given but apparently not..

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
So glad to read theses comments about what Shona said. I'm in disbelief that she wrote that post. I haven't been following her long, but for any semi intelligent woman to write she did, shows either that she's thick or going down the Acmes Smith route of being controversial. Her advice was completely wrong and harmful, but the worst part of it for me, was when she said at the end that to make matters more complex, if we find the man attractive, we might welcome the male gaze, so "what's a guy to do". Well duck me, what year is it again?
Swiftly unfollowed her for such shite.
I unfollowed her and all the insta accounts I follow that liked it. That included the likes of Be More Nutrition- the man who has been consistently calling out Martin MacDonald’s behaviour, in a thinly veiled way, liking Shona’s post, absolutely baffled me.

She had a fundamental misunderstanding of a couple of concepts that, in a classic undergrad way mixed with internalised misogyny (that she herself admitted she has), she conflated to come to a crappy conclusion. The difference is most undergrads’ false equivalences are only read by their tutor or unpicked in a seminar. God knows I came up with some nonsense at uni. They don’t get seen by 500k followers and then sent around the internet.

A couple of final pence on this:
1. It’s a shame that racist dicks have ensured that all of the reasonable comments and discussion will never see the light of day again. Newsflash, fighting misogyny with racism does not a solution make.
2. I wonder what the reaction would have been if JS or one of his ilk had said something similar. I probably do hold/held Shona to a higher standard, and the post seemed out of character which I think is why I personally had such a strong reaction. I think I would have seen it as business as usual for James et al.
3. The streisand effect on her posts was so real. By doubling down, gaslighting her followers, and saying we missed the point when she also refused to see our point of view, ensured that what originally was a lively discussion turned into an internet bin fire.
4. I think the upshot of this is large accounts should either stay in their lane OR make sure they know what they’re talking about before launching their nonsense onto the internet. Should be a given but apparently not..
Did you see the racist comments? That is abhorrent and disgusting.

Being held to higher account than James and his cronies is reasonable I feel, I mean that’s a low bar. 🤣

Reactions: 6
Kind of makes me wonder how she’s taking feedback on board from uni? This approach won’t get her very far.

Reactions: 5
Just checked Shona's IG and she has deleted all comments from that first post and her follow up post. Hate that tit. It's such an echo chamber these people live in. Surprised that she hasn't deleted the posts themselves.

Reactions: 9
Just checked Shona's IG and she has deleted all comments from that first post and her follow up post. Hate that tit. It's such an echo chamber these people live in. Surprised that she hasn't deleted the posts themselves.
She said on her story that people had started leaving racist comments which is why she turned off all comments. Guess the posts blew up so much the Dark Side of The Internet turned up. Either way, gross.

Reactions: 3
She said on her story that people had started leaving racist comments which is why she turned off all comments. Guess the posts blew up so much the Dark Side of The Internet turned up. Either way, gross.
She could have just blocked and deleted the accounts leaving racist comments. Instead, she shutdown the whole discussion. She only responded to comments that agreed with her. Not sure if anyone follows youlooklikeaman on insta? They have had an interesting encounter with Shona on this post. Some of the stories might have expired by now, but some are def still there. Looks like she blocked them also.

Reactions: 10
She could have just blocked and deleted the accounts leaving racist comments. Instead, she shutdown the whole discussion. She only responded to comments that agreed with her. Not sure if anyone follows youlooklikeaman on insta? They have had an interesting encounter with Shona on this post. Some of the stories might have expired by now, but some are def still there. Looks like she blocked them also.
its all in the “women v women” highlights

Reactions: 3
Mate some people don’t even earn this in a MONTH!!!
He is gold! Doesn’t know how much he earns 🤥 pays him self £1.3k a week 🤥 doesn’t know how many books he has sold 🤥
So a guy doing business coaching doesn’t know any of the above?! In his quest to stealth brag he makes himself look more and more thick.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is that the handle? I can’t find it on insta but interested to see this.

Reactions: 2
This might make it easier to find
Yikes! I read the highlight and Shona just continues to make it worse ‘big love goes out to those who took the original post and tone for what it actually was’. So all the people who disagreed are just too stupid to have understood. It’s like the influencers who apologise by saying ‘sorry if you were offended’.

Reactions: 12
I was very very bothered by Shona’s posts although not surprised because her internalised misogyny was evident in her podcast with James. I will say, I read a massive chunk of the comments on both posts. That huge chunk was criticising her use of male gaze, using feminist as an insult, and her internalised misogyny wtc. I didn’t see not one racist comment. Not saying they weren’t there but if there were far and few why not just block those posts? Just seems as a way to create her own narrative and not take responsibility and accountability for her words.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.