Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Johnnygirl

VIP Member
Back a few years ago..I was keen on signing up to the full mship he offered.Paid a few months of the limited mship...received a email about signing up for full mship.Replied..stupidly..that I was dealing with breast cancer treatment and would do so when I was at optimum health.He responded..( or whoever pays to reply)..basically with..whatever..excuses..when you are serious..youll join.Felt like a kick in the face...unfollowed him then.He is no advocate for women.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 54

Steeevo

Recap/recycled content for new followers on the David Brent of Fitness.

If people can't see they are just chancers after a quick buck and not eDuCAtoRs then maybe more fool them. If reading JS's book has "transformed your life" maybe it's in such a state that you can't make it that much worse anyway. Maybe the answer is to live and interact in the real world rather than basing your view on things on Instagram.

Look at them for eye candy, if that's what floats your boat, but don't give them your cash. As well as funding their party lifestyle, it just encourages the constant mansplaining, masquerading as advice and support mainly for women. Not sure what's worse, if JS and Diren genuinely buy into their own BS social media world about somehow helping people, or if they realise they are the social media equivalent of door to door salesmen chasing a sale.

Tough Love

If you're on social media promoting products, even if they're your own, you're a social media influencer. Without being a social media influencer, you would never have been a No.1 bestseller. Own it.

Number of followers on social media does not equate to how many people you have helped. People follow for different reasons. Donald Trump didn't help or educate all the people who happened to follow him on twitter. Just because you have a lot of female followers doesn't mean you get a free pass for bullying women or constant mansplaining.

Calling people lazy when you take afternoon naps and spend most of the day playing video games is a bit rich.

If someone disagrees with you or offers a different opinion then base your response on what they have actually said. Don't extrapolate and make up things that the person hasn't actually said.

Arguments can be nuanced and not just black and white. I suppose this might seem hard when you're a professional keyboard warrior chasing the gratification of likes and shares. Maybe one day you'll grow up.

Working in Fitness First for a few years and being an online PT doesn't make you qualified to be a life coach, especially when you haven't experienced a lot of the challenges that life can bring. Also life coaching is more than just telling people to copy your lifestyle. If you're telling people to copy you then it looks like you're more interested in justifying yourself than helping others.

A decade is ten years. "Almost a decade" is just less than ten years. If you're confident and comfortable in your content, there is no need to make up/exaggerate numbers like hours worked.

Not being able to sustain a relationship longer than six months, suggests you maybe aren't qualified to give advice on relationships.

Needing a tache, big sunglasses and speedos to show that you have a fun personality, suggests you might want to work on your personality and how you're perceived. If you're wearing them because you think you look good, then fine, own it.

Just because you read something on the internet, learned a space fact or listened to a podcast doesn't make you an expert, even if you have a posh voice or are a little bit cleverer than your mate, Diren.

If you want people to believe that you don't care about criticism than simply ignore it. Talking about how much you don't care, makes it sound like you care.

If you're hearing hooves and thinking polo ponies, you're probably privileged. No need to apologise for it, but you should have a basic level of intelligence to recognise it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

AaronPurrSir

Like some of you guys, I loved JS a few years ago. I was getting disillusioned with Joe Wicks and the other “buy my £150 plan” online PTs who seemed to be smug and a bit fat shamey in their approach, and I loved James’ no nonsense attitude and how he took into account things like female hormones and I found him so informative and watchable.

But success has ruined him. He’s just become one of the same old smug, fat shaming PTs. Also, a few of the “life coach” statements he has made recently have really rubbed me up the wrong way. In particular, he has said a few times something along the lines of (I’m paraphrasing) “don’t stay in your nice house with your wife and kids if they make you miserable and bored. Leave and be happy in a bedsit instead.” Maybe he was trying to say don’t stay in relationships that make you unhappy, which I totally agree with, but the wording was just clumsy and offensive. So every time something is hard or unenjoyable in your life, you should just fuck it off? And who is going to look after those boring and annoying children when their father fucks off to his bedsit to be a #lad, James?! Male privilege at its finest.

His attitude seems to be unless you are 100% happy all of the time, then just fuck it off. He is highly immature and has no place in offering advice on things like marriage, children, and actual grown up responsibilities as he doesn’t have a fucking clue what he’s talking about. He’s never had

Anyways, my kids are annoying me today so I’m gonnna fuck off to a bedsit. I’ll leave CBeebies on and give them some fruit shoots and wotsits, they’ll be fine 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Bugger.lugs

Chatty Member
As someone that suffers with ADHD. Please fuck off James!!!
You should have stopped at ‘I’m no expert’
View attachment 947387
I once asked something similar telling him I have autism and ADHD and really need something different every few days. His response was 'are you diagnosed or self diagnosed because that sounds like bollocks'

I left his academy. Immediately.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I think it's fair to not want to listen to a male PT talking about periods when he starts it by saying it's a good time for anal sex.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

neatolewhiskey

Can’t believe I read all this today since #5😅 I’ve seen past JS the last few months, possibly year to be honest. I’ve been following him since 2018. Back then he was a decent person to follow and spoke how it was in the fitness industry. I grew to like his Motley Crew and parted my money in joining JSA. I did manage to get in the JSA group way before I signed up. It was a laugh when it had the smaller numbers etc. I followed him while my Mrs followed Team RH. By 2020 he sort of changed. It was less fitness stuff and more like being a “lad” and his hangers on. I used to listen to the podcast but had to stop listening to “FPP” as it was dull. Sonny always talking about his Mrs and Ferris sucking up to them both. Plus “space facts” James soon wanting to be like Brian Cox, but more like cock. During that year I struggled to read his first book (it was dull). The JSA group changed. I remember loads of people attacking Team RH which i thought was unfair “he’s that annoying northern bloke who thinks he is like James” even though they will like Mort (who I rate) because JS says to. It became embarrassing when blokes were asking what trainers he wears. Women thinking he was the messiah and wouldn’t speak bad of him. I knew something was up when decent members like Mike Reddan stepped down as admin. Stupidly I gave him another chance in 2021 and did the premium. The app was rubbish, the coach chat was rubbish and wasn’t worth £40. I knew something was up when “coops” who hasn’t made any progress won. I also went to the Rounhouse for the book tour no2 which was ok. I never bothered to read book 2 but loads of fan girls brought their copies. I also went to IFS which I met some nice people. But you can guess it was full of young wannabe PTs who brown nose JS, copy his content and probably left their 9-5 job to become PTs to “travel to OZ, have sea dips and be edgy”

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Icanteven

Chatty Member
The only way I could see this being even remotely close to the truth is if they took a 2nd mortgage out to finance his app when he started out on the condition he made the repayments.

Regardless of the context, sharing his family finances to the world for likes is on par with slimming tea on the slimeball scale.

Reactions: 31

HarlettOScara

I took one for the team and listened to the latest Fair Points podcast.

Edited highlights:
James auditioned for a TV job before leaving to go to Aus but says won’t take the job if it’s offered to him because it’s in the U.K. and it’s shit there, innit?

Sonny is in the prep phase for a hair transplant in July and bought a Porsche.

Couldn’t hear what Ferris had to say as his head is so far up JS’s arse…

No need to thank me.

• Haha
  • Heart

Clariecakes

VIP Member
His seemingly wealthy parents are in their 70’s and still have a mortgage of which their son is paying off - nah, I’m calling bullshit on that.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Bugger.lugs

Chatty Member
I used to be a big fan of James when he was calling out all the companies for their diet BS and all the ‘celebrities’ who promoted them when nobody else would. He was a breath of fresh air and seemed to genuinely want to educate people on calorie deficits and how to generally become fitter and healthier without restricting but I had to unfollow him about a year ago because instead of coming after the BS of the fitness industry he just attacks whoever has a different opinion to him, even his own clients it seems. Slating spinning, bodybuilding, anyone who dares say they’re unhappy with loose skin post-pregnancy, the list goes on and he will do anything for clout. He’s your run of the mill influencer now even though he protests otherwise and I hope one day soon his hangers on wake up and realise he’s just some receeding coke head who gets off on controversy
That should be next title 🤣🤣

JameSmithPT - just some receeding coke head

• Haha
Reactions: 29

bringmeagin

Oh GOD. So I was bored, listened to “Fair Points” Jimbob coughs then says “Tay left her aftertaste in my mouth” he’s revolting, pathetic man child

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
What did he say about mum tums
That you are ungrateful if you have kids and have a mum tum because at least you have kids and how dare you care about your looks.

I wrote a long comment at the time in reply to it, asking him is that the same then for anyone else who trains or diets to improve their looks; maybe someone who wants bigger arm muscles shouldn’t because at least they have arms. I also pointed out that the medical term for a lot of “mum tums” is diastasis recti and it is ab muscles that have literally separated and won’t go back together by themselves. On top of how it looks, it also causes back pain, hernias, urinating problems, involuntarily soiling, intercourse issues along with other things. So it’s not always about looks, but even if it is, that’s a woman’s prerogative and how dare he chat such rubbish about something that is nothing to do with him.
Strangely I didn’t get a reply, he deleted my comment and blocked me…
Felt good to get it off my chest again 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28