James Smith #6 James Smith (he/him)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The daily emails sometimes crack me up.

Diren sends out his daily email with the subject line 'go sign up to Joe Wicks' with this following:

If you don't want to be in the best shape of your life, I get it

If you don't want to learn and educate yourself on how to manage your fitness, that's fine

If you don't want to join the best community online, that's cool

If you don't want the best online coach in the UK, I won't get upset

That's right, I said it.... The Best

I connect with all my clients,

on zoom, emails, messages and even in person at events

If you don't want to be part of the fastest growing coaching platform..

Then please don't sign up to Project X

For all details to join Joe wicks program

>>>> Click here

Then whatever this is meant to be from JS...

Today's bundle of knowledge is brought to you from a man named Socrates.

Viewed by many as the founding figure of Western philosophy, Socrates (469-399 B.C.)

He's come up with some gems in his time.

One of my favourites is this:

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

Tickled me that. 😂😂

The only reason I know about Socrates is the amount of times he's mentioned in books I read by people MUCH smarter than I am.

He mades a staggering influence on western philosophy but his cause of death was from his own government (the Athenian government) that ended up trialling him for 'corrupting the young'.

The executioners gave him a poisonous drink called hemlock, he happily drank it and walked around with friends until 'his legs grew numb' and the poison reached his heart and killed him.

The main criticism Socrates got was that his work was drawn off the back of the writing of others.

I think people forget that's how the world works.

I've over the years learned from dozens of people to then unify all their learnings and put it forward with my own stye to it. (Well, I made it more interesting. Shots fired 😂)

I'm sure those who I learned from did the same.

Look at Gordan Ryan, 24 year old Jiu Jitsu athlete. The best 'no gi' athlete of all time at 24. Learned from his sensei John Danaher (who is arguably the best coach of all time) who learned from Renzo Gracie who is a part of the Gracie family that founded Jiu Jitsu.

That's 4th generation learnings passed down the generations to excel and be the best in the world as a byproduct at 24 alone.

Which brings me to the Socrates quote for you today.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for"

In essence what I'm saying is, you're not just paying me to be your PT.

You're accessing everything I've studied, read, learned and still learn as I go along. You're by passing all the hard work and thousands of pounds I've spent on courses.

You're in essence getting 10x years of PT knowledge condensed into a few weeks / months through a fantastic and easy to use app.

I studied online courses from people who had to study before the internet in dense text books, who had to learn before even universities had it right.

You can gain everything so easy that I and others have worked hard for.

My PT course £3000+
Online courses after £2000+
5000 hours of PT done face to face
App Development costs $400,000+ last year alone
Apple taking 30% from every purchase before tax

And I'm here saying, have FULL ACCESS to everything, coaching, daily chat, bespoke programming from WHEREVER YOU ARE in the world for £40 a month.

This until the last few recent years was impossible, access has never been so easy.

Improving has never been so easy.

It's never been so affordable.

It's never been so effective.

It's pay day today in the UK, can you commit for one month?

I've laboured very hard to get you here, I want you to take full advantage of that and take the easy ride.

What have you got to lose?
James

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Cardio is everything to me, I love to feel my heart pounding, hence why I used to run distance, and still grapple, box and play football. I go to the gym, but sport CV tops the gym any day. I’ve seen small gyms drop CV equipment & put loads of heavy bars & weights in, which only appeals mainly to young guys who are already strong, not everyone wants to do Olympic lifting/cross fit.

James is a mess, looks 10 years older, the juice/booze & coke will take their toll. Diren, for a guy who lives in gyms, is soft body weakling. Ironically, if these two wet wipes did some old fashioned ‘road work’ CV they might actually build some fight endurance & mental toughness. Bet the guys who smash James at BJJ comps love a bit of CV..? 🤷‍♂️ Often see ex England rugby captain doing his morning CV routine, we give each other a friendly nod/hello, but next time I’m gonna tell him he’s got it all wrong as I know this cereal munching, STD man baby with a million followers on Instagram... ...actually, gonna meet my triple Olympian chum who I used to jog with, next week. I really need to make a list of people who need ‘educating’ about ‘CV’
That's a point. I've done a bit of bjj and also box a bit and you need cardio. If James doesn't train cardio he will gas out at bjj. Conditioning is quite crucial in combat sports

Reactions: 4

Diren sends out his daily email with the subject line 'go sign up to Joe Wicks' with this following:

If you don't want to learn and educate yourself on how to manage your fitness, that's fine

>>>> Click here

Viewed by many as the founding figure of Western philosophy, Socrates (469-399 B.C.)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

Tickled me that. 😂😂

The only reason I know about Socrates is the amount of times he's mentioned in books I read by people MUCH smarter than I am.

He mades a staggering influence on western philosophy but his cause of death was from his own government (the Athenian government) that ended up trialling him for 'corrupting the young'.

The executioners gave him a poisonous drink called hemlock, he happily drank it and walked around with friends until 'his legs grew numb' and the poison reached his heart and killed him.

The main criticism Socrates got was that his work was drawn off the back of the writing of others.

I've over the years learned from dozens of people to then unify all their learnings and put it forward with my own stye to it. (Well, I made it more interesting. Shots fired 😂)

Look at Gordan Ryan, 24 year old Jiu Jitsu athlete. The best 'no gi' athlete of all time at 24. Learned from his sensei John Danaher (who is arguably the best coach of all time) who learned from Renzo Gracie who is a part of the Gracie family that founded Jiu Jitsu.

That's 4th generation learnings passed down the generations to excel and be the best in the world as a byproduct at 24 alone.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for"

You're accessing everything I've studied, read, learned and still learn as I go along. You're by passing all the hard work and thousands of pounds I've spent on courses.

You're in essence getting 10x years of PT knowledge condensed into a few weeks / months through a fantastic and easy to use app.

I studied online courses from people who had to study before the internet in dense text books, who had to learn before even universities had it right.

My PT course £3000+

And I'm here saying, have FULL ACCESS to everything, coaching, daily chat, bespoke programming from WHEREVER YOU ARE in the world for £40 a month.

This until the last few recent years was impossible, access has never been so easy.

I've laboured very hard to get you here, I want you to take full advantage of that and take the easy ride.

James
Yeah he’s a prick

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That's a point. I've done a bit of bjj and also box a bit and you need cardio. If James doesn't train cardio he will gas out at bjj. Conditioning is quite crucial in combat sports
Do you think it’s a marketing ploy to get people who hate doing cardio to join his academy. “Just walk loads and eat slightly less” seems like quite an alluring proposition.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do you think it’s a marketing ploy to get people who hate doing cardio to join his academy. “Just walk loads and eat slightly less” seems like quite an alluring proposition.
Probably. No wonder he is getting his arse kicked at bjj tho

Many of his core ideas and main concepts are sound (cals in vs out, no fad diets etc) but he doesn't practice what he preaches and twists them to fit his business. Much like Joe Wicks tbh

Reactions: 3
How old is he? I dont follow him but people I know do so he pops up in my feed now and then. I'd guess late 30s but from what I read here he might be younger?

Reactions: 1
How old is he? I dont follow him but people I know do so he pops up in my feed now and then. I'd guess late 30s but from what I read here he might be younger?
He’s 31/32 with the life experience of an 18 year old.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

>>>> Click here

Tickled me that. 😂😂

My PT course £3000+

James
So a BJJ champion is a champion because he learned from someone who learned from someone. Presumably all the people who he has beaten have similarly learned from someone who learned from someone?

All of which has zero bearing on whether James is much cop as a PT or whether his product is worth £40 per month. Plus where has James got this 10 years knowledge as a PT from? I thought he became a PT in his mid-20s, and has spent the last 4 or so years on social media rather than being a gym PT. Where does this 10 years claim come from?

Reactions: 6
That bloody moustache, looks like a terry try hard with it, look at me I’m so alternative 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m really suprised that he’s doing a live with a mental health organisation. Haven’t they looked into him?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m really suprised that he’s doing a live with a mental health organisation. Haven’t they looked into him?
Which organisation? They clearly haven’t done their homework. Although on the surface, he pays good lip service to “supporting mental health”, and deletes most evidence of him tearing other people’s to pieces if they dare to disagree with or criticise him.

Reactions: 5
Everyone needs to comment on it and let them know. People strugglkng with their mental health do not want to be following James Smith.
Sure the charity really are decent but for me personally it’s just too off putting that they’d associate with an online bully who will take glee on calling people out publicly - which he will know impacts on their mental health (even when they have done nothing wrong- lady with husband wanting to use the calculator example springs to mind). He is verbally abusive to many and I’ve seen him laugh at people asking genuine questions. So for a charity to be involved with him then use a #bekind just feels very wrong. Didn’t he even make a joke about “whatever next a depressed therapist” - that alone shows how little he understands mental health!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Everyone needs to comment on it and let them know. People strugglkng with their mental health do not want to be following James Smith.
Well at least if they comment on the charity’s page James don’t be able to dirty delete the comments....👀

And what’s with advertising for dirats merch??? He doesn’t do paid for adverts yet will do sponsored posts, shout outs for freebies like lululemon and model for friends and tell them to buy (the cheapest shittest) merch? So which bit of hypocrite don’t you understand james????

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.