James Smith #6 James Smith (he/him)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair - I do enjoy watching him confront covid deniers and anti-vaxers - bleeping morons!

Reactions: 16
To be fair - I do enjoy watching him confront covid deniers and anti-vaxers - bleeping morons!
A broken clock is right twice a day and all that. Whilst I don’t watch his videos, I’d be inclined to agree with you mate, IF I didn’t see him and his fitness cult clique LIVING like Covid deniers & Anti Vaxers, his (their) actions speak louder than their words. He just goes with the flow for views, likes & follows...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He is a bit like Piers Morgan, quite often makes valid points but it all gets lost in the obnoxious presentation.

He also gets off on being what he thinks is controversial and doing and saying the opposite of what many others do, but he has also created an echo chamber and can't hack anyone else's option or even consider he might be wrong or there might be a different way.

For me, and I think many people, PTs and influencers need to be aspirational and he just does not look that good. He looks like he has been living the complete opposite of a health and fitness lifestyle.

5000 hours as a PT is nothing for that number of years.

Reactions: 15
This really shows his weakness as a PT and life coach, it's always just copy him and do what he likes. He doesn't like cardio, so just mentions cons about doing this when asked about cardio versus weights. Both have their place. His CFD is pretty much all about calories in and limited on calories out because he doesn't like cardio.

Good coaches tailor input depending on the individual so that they can achieve their goals.

Reactions: 6
Also no cardio doesn't equal a healthy body....you can do cardio with weights (think more crossfit) but it's still cardio. I don't know him enough but if he just advocates standard free weight stuff then it la not really going to make you all round fit.

Reactions: 7
James doesn't want you fit though. He wants you to lose weight, rave about the academy. Then get fat again so you stay. Just like any other slimming group. He doesn't teach you how to eat. Just to eat less. Go on 90% of the academy members food diaries and they're eating all beige.

I'd you go to gym, he wants you to gain muscle, again so it looks good on his academy. Which is ironic because him and Diren are very small in that sense in real life. They're borderline chubby and soft body if they're not tensing.

He doesn't advocate cardio. So doesn't care for your heart. You can't see a before and after of your cardiovascular system and not much will change if you live in cereal and ice-cream.

Reactions: 14
Are ye spotting the daily sneaky swipe up to the academy link on his story? Never used advertise like that before

Reactions: 4
James doesn't want you fit though. He wants you to lose weight, rave about the academy. Then get fat again so you stay. Just like any other slimming group. He doesn't teach you how to eat. Just to eat less. Go on 90% of the academy members food diaries and they're eating all beige.

I'd you go to gym, he wants you to gain muscle, again so it looks good on his academy. Which is ironic because him and Diren are very small in that sense in real life. They're borderline chubby and soft body if they're not tensing.

He doesn't advocate cardio. So doesn't care for your heart. You can't see a before and after of your cardiovascular system and not much will change if you live in cereal and ice-cream.
He always says the same things about cardio: you're not burning as many calories as you think and it's like being a hamster on a wheel.

He doesn't mention the positives or make similar analogies with weights: you burn less calories than cardio and you're just picking up a weight and putting it back where it was.

Again both cardio and weight training both have their place. Maybe educate people to make their own decisions rather than, just copy me and if you don't get the results you want then you didn't work hard enough.

Reactions: 12
He always says the same things about cardio: you're not burning as many calories as you think and it's like being a hamster on a wheel.

He doesn't mention the positives or make similar analogies with weights: you burn less calories than cardio and you're just picking up a weight and putting it back where it was.

Again both cardio and weight training both have their place. Maybe educate people to make their own decisions rather than, just copy me and if you don't get the results you want then you didn't work hard enough.
Yep. I still remember the live he did 2 years ago. I asked what's wrong with beachbody workouts because I love them and he slagged me off for like 10 whole minutes for it. 😂 I made the mistake of asking in the JSAM group too if anyone else was doing them and if we could buddy up so to speak. Ended up deleting it after around 10 comments of people taking the piss out of me.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Exactly. The best PTs and influencers say the truth, choose exercise that suits you and enjoy. There is no right or wrong. Weight training definitely has its place (I like it personally) but if you don't enjoy it then you won't stick with it do a sport or something else instead. His superiority attitude isn't earned.

Reactions: 9
I hate the whole argument on weights vs cardio, do whatever exercise you enjoy! For me, I get so bored with weight sessions but I enjoy CrossFit style or competition classes or playing team sports - I may not have a 6pack but I’m very healthy and active!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate cardio so never do it, although have a dodgy heart so I guess I should, but I really hate it. I walk as much as possible though and I love lifting weights.

My PT used to end our session with HIIT and I hated it so we agreed that I’d start 10 minutes early to do a good warm up and then I’d stay an extra 10 minutes to do a brisk walk on the treadmill. He understood me and adapted our sessions to fit. James’ “trainers” can’t do that because they don’t know their clients and that’s the academy’s downfall - not for James’ pockets, obviously, but for their reputation long term.

Reactions: 9
Cardio is everything to me, I love to feel my heart pounding, hence why I used to run distance, and still grapple, box and play football. I go to the gym, but sport CV tops the gym any day. I’ve seen small gyms drop CV equipment & put loads of heavy bars & weights in, which only appeals mainly to young guys who are already strong, not everyone wants to do Olympic lifting/cross fit.

James is a mess, looks 10 years older, the juice/booze & coke will take their toll. Diren, for a guy who lives in gyms, is soft body weakling. Ironically, if these two wet wipes did some old fashioned ‘road work’ CV they might actually build some fight endurance & mental toughness. Bet the guys who smash James at BJJ comps love a bit of CV..? 🤷‍♂️ Often see ex England rugby captain doing his morning CV routine, we give each other a friendly nod/hello, but next time I’m gonna tell him he’s got it all wrong as I know this cereal munching, STD man baby with a million followers on Instagram... ...actually, gonna meet my triple Olympian chum who I used to jog with, next week. I really need to make a list of people who need ‘educating’ about ‘CV’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.