James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Google ‘wonder weeks’ - it’s basically a theory that all babies go through periods of development or ‘leaps’ at the same weeks old age so you can predict how their moods might change and what new skills they will develop.
The skills predictions have been pretty accurate for my baby but it’s not at all to say it’s all happened in that one week that the theory claims, that’s how it’s become so popular I think though. With the moods there’s a placebo effect of putting any mood changes down to the leap that’s helpful, it becomes very unhelpful when parents look out for it and believe it’s a leap rather than something that needs investigating or stick to it so stringently they worry if the child hasn’t ‘leapt’.
Whatever did all these parents do before some but job came up with these ridiculous ideas 🙄 no offence intended at all to you if you have been using this etc, I don’t have kids so I know nothing about the subject but honestly, people managed to deal with their babies just fine for centuries without these things and I’m sure some of them are now very helpful but the rest, Im sure most could do just fine without!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My daughter has just turned 6 months and I still cuddle her for some of her day time naps! She spent the majority of her newborn stage in my arms! Don't understand why they're so obsessed with her being in that Moses basket all the time. But each to their own.

Reactions: 16
My daughter has just turned 6 months and I still cuddle her for some of her day time naps! She spent the majority of her newborn stage in my arms! Don't understand why they're so obsessed with her being in that Moses basket all the time. But each to their own.
For some reason society has told us cuddling our babies to sleep is wrong. “Perfect” babies should self settle, shouldn’t fuss etc. Even though this is their only way to communicate with us and they just want to be close to us!

And of course Carys and James like to pretend their lives are perfect in every way so they will want Amber in her moses all day for naps

Reactions: 17
I found it a bit odd how desperate they were for Amber to be asleep for the entire of their shopping trip. Surely if she is as ‘easy’ as they say would it really be an issue if she is awake whilst they are out? When my daughter was a newborn I never forced her to go to sleep she just slept if she wanted to whilst out and if not she would just either lie in her pram quite content or we would carry her so she could look around at the world.

Reactions: 23
I found it a bit odd how desperate they were for Amber to be asleep for the entire of their shopping trip. Surely if she is as ‘easy’ as they say would it really be an issue if she is awake whilst they are out? When my daughter was a newborn I never forced her to go to sleep she just slept if she wanted to whilst out and if not she would just either lie in her pram quite content or we would carry her so she could look around at the world.
That’s the thing it’s like if she cries it’s not normal and perfect, she’s 4 weeks now so will already be wanting to keep her eyes open a little longer not forced back to sleep and then they wonder why she won’t settle back to sleep of a night time, because she’s been asleep all day long !! The other thing they’ve been doing on vlogs is feeding her before they go out JUST so she will stay asleep, they seem to associate that being awake means she must want feeding and a good look at the wall before shes bored back to sleep 🤦‍♀️ They baffle me

Reactions: 23
I must be a tit parent because I take my baby out for walks while she's awake so she can see the world 🤣 she falls asleep during most of the walks but if she's awake majority of the time she's happy and content

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve just watched it and they do look like their trying to be ‘textbook parents’ but I just felt sad, hold her whilst she naps guys, you’ll think and look back on it and wish you had her in your arms whilst you could. As for the ‘breastfeeding session’ 🤢 it’s just feeding her James, she’s feeding her child

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi, random but does anyone know where the fleece lined personalised Peter rabbit blanket is from! Can’t seem to find it anywhere🥴

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched it and they do look like their trying to be ‘textbook parents’ but I just felt sad, hold her whilst she naps guys, you’ll think and look back on it and wish you had her in your arms whilst you could. As for the ‘breastfeeding session’ 🤢 it’s just feeding her James, she’s feeding her child
don’t think I’ve posted on this thread before but 👏🏻 can honestly say you should hold your babies as much as possible! My youngest loves to be cuddled, she’s only started sleeping in the cot during the day at 9 months old 🤷‍♀️ Quickest 9 months of my life and I miss the cuddles already. In their last vlog James said ‘difficult’ babies sleep in the sling all the time (sorry if it’s been spoken about before I’ve not caught up!) . Lol okay health visitor james you absolute munter, there’s no such thing as a difficult baby, a baby is a BABY and they each require different things, of course you would know that during all your extensive training as a doula and all the hundreds of kids you have..oh wait 🥴
Amber’s a newborn who sleeps the majority of the day, just you wait until toddler time mate then you’re in for the shock of your life! I was 18 when my eldest was 2 and fit as a fiddle and she gave me the run around even then 😂🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 31
That’s the thing it’s like if she cries it’s not normal and perfect, she’s 4 weeks now so will already be wanting to keep her eyes open a little longer not forced back to sleep and then they wonder why she won’t settle back to sleep of a night time, because she’s been asleep all day long !! The other thing they’ve been doing on vlogs is feeding her before they go out JUST so she will stay asleep, they seem to associate that being awake means she must want feeding and a good look at the wall before shes bored back to sleep 🤦‍♀️ They baffle me
My baby is 4 days older and now spends quite a bit of time in the day just awake cooing and smiling or just simply looking around not feeding etc. They really come out that sleepy phase quickly! They should stimulate her more in the day time so let her be awake when they are out so that way she’ll probably sleep a bit better at night especially if she is an easy baby as they say 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
carys and james just seem like they are in such a rush to get her to sleep. its like feed then sleeps and thats it. its actually sad to watch. they dont seem to talks to her or interact with her much other than sleeping and feeding. this is their main time that their bond is created. they were so excited for her to come...but was it for content or because they actually wanted to spend time with her.
both of my daughters were in my arms or on my chest for most of the 1st month. in the night they would be in their moses basket.
they will live to regret their routines that they are setting!

Reactions: 20
I dont think she has had butt implants, she is just actually insanely genetically blessed. Crazy how different her face looks now too but she is clearly a good 40-50 lbs heavier now than she was then so that will change your face a lot.
Actually, she wouldn't have had that body if she didn't worked out like she used to - genetics play a big role but it was also really hard work.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Wait they’re getting rid of their spare room to make a gym?! What!! They should just put some gym bits in their 2nd living room. Why loose such a good space that they spent ages decorating and all the videos we had to go through about that room. Where will their friends stay when they come over for the night? Or family members?

Also, funny how Elle is doing a gym in her garage and then suddenly Carys is doing a home gym too. They’re so competitive it’s funny. What great friends.

Reactions: 20
Been reading here??
That smug face

Makes me laugh when they say thanks for your suggestions to get clothes from H&M and ASDA but of course only go to H&M then say they also looked at Joules, JoJo and bought from White Company and John Lewis. It’s like they think they’re better than supermarket clothes. The best clothes we’ve bought for our son have been from Tesco, Sainsbury’s and ASDA.
Then didn’t even get anything from H&M except stuff for Carys. I always get H&M and Asda for mine, no point paying ridiculous prices when they’re in them for the shortest time

Reactions: 4
I must be a tit parent because I take my baby out for walks while she's awake so she can see the world 🤣 she falls asleep during most of the walks but if she's awake majority of the time she's happy and content
same here! I feel it’s almost a waste if baby is asleep bc I like her to explore and learn. I’m starting to think amber is not the ‘perfect’ ‘content’ baby they keep stressing she is (which does not matter and is perfectly normal) but they clearly see it as an issue. They are so image obsessed. And I can’t get over how much ‘research’ they do yet the simplest things ever they can’t do?? (Playing with your baby, dressing your baby in temperature appropriate clothing)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
same here! I feel it’s almost a waste if baby is asleep bc I like her to explore and learn. I’m starting to think amber is not the ‘perfect’ ‘content’ baby they keep stressing she is (which does not matter and is perfectly normal) but they clearly see it as an issue. They are so image obsessed. And I can’t get over how much ‘research’ they do yet the simplest things ever they can’t do?? (Playing with your baby, dressing your baby in temperature appropriate clothing)
I noticed the clothing thing again in that vlog - out for a shopping trip and carrying her round a car park in nothing but a baby gro!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I was almost surprised to see them rushing back to the car with the baby. I thought most shopping centres had feeding places for babies...

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.