James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another influencer blaming a completely made up concept for their child’s normal, newborn behaviour.

Leaps 👏🏻 Don’t 👏🏻 Exist 👏🏻
Yes 100%
Oh for fucks sake 🤬 babies aren’t textbook 🤬 I totally get educating ourselves but she should also be following her own instincts as a mum, she’s missing out in so much with amber, it seems shes not reading ambers cues but is more focused on apps, books and google

Reactions: 18
Makes me laugh when they say thanks for your suggestions to get clothes from H&M and ASDA but of course only go to H&M then say they also looked at Joules, JoJo and bought from White Company and John Lewis. It’s like they think they’re better than supermarket clothes. The best clothes we’ve bought for our son have been from Tesco, Sainsbury’s and ASDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Where did this leaps thing come about?
Someone realised that they could make money off tired parents by selling books/apps so they labelled babies normal behaviour as ‘leaps’ and created a guide for parents to follow/blame. Complete bollocks. A baby isn’t a robot.

Reactions: 5
Makes me laugh when they say thanks for your suggestions to get clothes from H&M and ASDA but of course only go to H&M then say they also looked at Joules, JoJo and bought from White Company and John Lewis. It’s like they think they’re better than supermarket clothes. The best clothes we’ve bought for our son have been from Tesco, Sainsbury’s and ASDA.
I was going to say Sainsbury’s are really good...I don’t have kids myself but bought a few nice bits in there for my nephew when he was little, really nice quality and cheap too :) but it’s probably not fancy enough for them 🙄

Reactions: 8
Oh god the leaps haha, I followed them to the day with my first baby, but 18 months later when my second was born I never even bothered to look at the app! Then I felt a bit stupid for actually believing it all the first time round because funnily enough I managed to parent my second baby without any problems despite not knowing when she was going through a ‘leap’ 🤦‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh god the leaps haha, I followed them to the day with my first baby, but 18 months later when my second was born I never even bothered to look at the app! Then I felt a bit stupid for actually believing it all the first time round because funnily enough I managed to parent my second baby without any problems despite not knowing when she was going through a ‘leap’ 🤦‍♀️😂
I think a lot of parents do the same, because you see so much about it you think in your sleep deprived state it must be true 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I must say I had my last baby 11 years ago now and I’ve never heard of this leaps thing.
I found her rather sad when she kept saying The White Company dress, it’s just a dress !!
and not sure if anyone else spotted it but when the fire was on and that snooze pod thingy was leaning against the unit right next to it 😱 fire hazard, I know it had a guard over it but even so and the baby must have been roasting in her baby grow + swaddled up + blanket over her too yet in a cold car park she’s got no hat on and her body and head not even being supported whilst they’re quickly walking to the car, carys isn’t even watching where she’s going she’s too busy playing up to the camera .

Reactions: 14
shes looks so young and fresh as well. maybe she did do filler on her face or something. because her face definitely looks different now.
sorry if this sounds stupid but I really just found out about these people on this site but did she get butt implants or something?

Wow she really has changed, not even just looks wise she seems so much more upbeat and confident and just a different person here!
Oh my God she was so so pretty how on earth did she end up with him of all people ?! They look so mismatched here! I’m in shock

I was going to say Sainsbury’s are really good...I don’t have kids myself but bought a few nice bits in there for my nephew when he was little, really nice quality and cheap too :) but it’s probably not fancy enough for them 🙄
Supermarket baby clothes are actually the best and lovely quality, only worth getting expensive stuff for special occasions etc!! They’re mad more money than sense

Reactions: 9
Funny how she says she only puts Amber's 'favourite' blanket on her when she's watching her sleeping, then later on in the video she has the blanket on her in the moses basket and proceeds to walk out the room to make a cup of tea lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sainsbury’s have the loveliest baby clothes, just gorgeous. I just got my daughter a dress from there, at £14 for a 0-3 year old I don’t think it’s even crazy cheap

Reactions: 10
In our experience H&M quality is terrible - supermarkets are much better quality, especially Sainsbury’s.

Reactions: 7
Most of our stuff is supermarket too, we even got some second hand as someone was selling loads as they overspent 😂 so we've got john lewis, next, a few Boden items for around £20 😁 Sainsburys is a favourite here too, so many nice items 😍

Reactions: 4
I don’t get the point in buying expensive clothing for a baby that will grow out of them so quickly?

sorry if this sounds stupid but I really just found out about these people on this site but did she get butt implants or something?

Oh my God she was so so pretty how on earth did she end up with him of all people ?! They look so mismatched here! I’m in shock

Supermarket baby clothes are actually the best and lovely quality, only worth getting expensive stuff for special occasions etc!! They’re mad more money than sense
I dont think she has had butt implants, she is just actually insanely genetically blessed. Crazy how different her face looks now too but she is clearly a good 40-50 lbs heavier now than she was then so that will change your face a lot.

The more of that vlog I watch the more the way they parent disturbs & saddens me. The white noise machine on constantly right next to her head, the facing her away from them to ‘bore her’, the mention of routine routine routine feels so unnatural to me and doesn’t scream ‘responsive parent’. They are obsessed with her being asleep! I just wish they would enjoy the early days and embrace cuddling thee gorgeous baby.

Carys/James if you’re reading this - read up about the 4th trimester. Babies wanting to be held is completely natural. It’s what they know from the womb and they are not robots. Enjoy the cuddles and stop worrying about routines!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
can someone fill me in on what leaps are? ive had 2 children and never heard of this!

Reactions: 2
Why does James always describe a feed as a ‘breastfeeding session’? It’s just a feed!

When Amber is on solids will he describe lunch as a ‘solids session’? 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
can someone fill me in on what leaps are? ive had 2 children and never heard of this!
Google ‘wonder weeks’ - it’s basically a theory that all babies go through periods of development or ‘leaps’ at the same weeks old age so you can predict how their moods might change and what new skills they will develop.
The skills predictions have been pretty accurate for my baby but it’s not at all to say it’s all happened in that one week that the theory claims, that’s how it’s become so popular I think though. With the moods there’s a placebo effect of putting any mood changes down to the leap that’s helpful, it becomes very unhelpful when parents look out for it and believe it’s a leap rather than something that needs investigating or stick to it so stringently they worry if the child hasn’t ‘leapt’.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.