Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flyonthewallxo

i think they are pretty clueless when it comes to clothes and babies as in the nursery tour they were saying about having only 7 white sleepsuits or something, like thats enough when all babies do is eat and shit, and vomit, like imagine is amber was a refluxy baby and vomited all the time, 7 sleepsuits isn't enough! then the sizing issue, everything she wears absolutely swallows her, you can get snowsuits in prem, newborn, 0-3 and so on, they just didn't have a clue!

edit- How much help do you think they got from their families, as her parents are GPS they would understand the severity of cot death and they leave amber in that huge blanket! theyve also had 4 kids so they would know about sizing and clothes but they just didnt seem to have a clue! maybe they asked before hand for no un solicited advise or simply just didnt listen

Reactions: 6

plwcm

VIP Member
Okay. I’ll take your word for it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not hugely bothered who wanted to get pregnant first it makes no difference to my life

I would agree to the context that yea, they do have children as a way to turn the direction of their channel because everything all of them do is about being a cash cow - but if I had to compare the two, I would say that Carys and James (to me from what I’ve seen - I don’t watch everything) had more of a genuine want to have kids than Elle and Connor. Connor is about as interested in his unborn son than he is about politics 😂

I don’t know anything about Carys and her size disclaimer so I have nothing to add 🤷🏻‍♀️ I fully think both of them in that case are dishonest and irresponsible if thats the case, there’s no reason to lie about anyone’s size because a number has no reflection on you as a person and the more people like this (across the entire influencer shitshow) is what creates insecure young women. I never disputed that.
yeah I don't really watch Elle, I've only watched the occasional video, but I remember that thing about when they'd want kids etc. I can't really comment on if she seems genuine about being a parent as I don't watch her but I've heard some dodgy stuff about Connor haha😂🥴

carys would always complain jeans didn't fit her and be upset about it, and it was just obvious she needed to size up and she would be able to fit some, and then she started gaining weight too and it took her a while to say she wasn't a size 8 anymore. My wardrobe is full of clothes from xs/8 to a size M/12, depending on the shop and if it's tops or bottoms. I don't care about the actual number on the clothes (as by the NHS I was still overweight at a size 8 on top, 10 on bottom🙄😂), to me I don't like the weight I am, and so when I feel comfortable again I'm going to exercise to lose some, but at the moment I'm enjoying all my baby cuddles before she gets too big and heavy to hold all the time😂

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I'm sorry she's 3 weeks post partum and is banging on about plans for a home gym. calling BS on all her body positivity recently then on taking her time and not rushing into anything, she clearly wants to workout and is probably upset her body didn't bounce back and isn't as small as it used to be a few years ago. Carys you've not even had your 6 week check up yet and barely worked out through pregnancy🙄
Doesnt really make sense though because she wasn’t really into fitness for a good couple of years before she got pregnant...

Megan07

I was almost surprised to see them rushing back to the car with the baby. I thought most shopping centres had feeding places for babies...

Dontstopmenow

Formula definitely doesn't make babies sleep. My son was formula fed from the start, don't think we've ever had a full night's sleep from him and he's almost one. 😂
But that's life, you just get on with it.
Right? This used to wind me up so much because most of the people in my NCT group were able to breastfeed but I felt so ashamed for having to formula feed, and I got so many comments about it making her sleep better etc, but it didn’t make a single bit of difference some of the breastfed babies slept through the night from like 3 months, and some didn’t and my little one was just up and down some nights were good and some were bad 🤷🏼‍♀️ They sleep through when they’re ready some do it early and some don’t.
I read the formula myth stems from years ago when the formula wasn’t as thin as it is, consistency wise it’s very similar to breastmilk now, but I think it used to be a lot thicker and therefore kept babies fuller for longer and therefore less incline to wake up as often for feeds.
Also people forget that decades ago they actually used to say formula was better than breastmilk and breastfeeding was hardly done and at this time babies were also meant to sleep on their tummies not their backs, which I imagine they slept better because they didn’t startle themselves awake as much.
Sorry for the unsolicited info, TL;dr formula used to be thicker and that’s what started the myth

mklanch

VIP Member
Sorry I don't agree, women have the right to breastfeed where ever they want to, wherever they feel comfortable.
i get that its their right etc but why not sit down to the side and have a muslin or something just to protect modesty a bit.
she doesnt look like shes comfortably feeding in that photo...she looks awkwardly stood in the middle of a car park!

K A Y L E I G H

Chatty Member
Bit of a lurker, but I have to say it really annoys me that they never have a hat or mittens on amber especially when they are out on a walk, or in shops that will likely have air conditioning 😣
Same! When they went on a walk in that vlog and she had a sleepsuit on with no coat I died, I always dressed mine in coats when they were newborns, mainly because they were born in the winter but it’s not been really hot in the UK, the blue skies are deceiving 🥶

FTM2020

I think it’s more likely she wants to do the feed at 10pm to top her up so Amber then sleeps a longer stretch over night. Not that she’s feeding every 3 hours. I mean she might be trying to do the 3 hour thing as part of her routine but from her stories it doesn’t look like Amber is in any pattern for eating atm.. and at this point she should still be feeding on demand

I find it bizarre on the first few minutes Amber is unsettled and the first thing they do isn’t pick her up, they rock her side to side. That just doesn’t feel feel natural to me

Anonemxoxo

Chatty Member
they actually seem to have a very chill baby, but then again they wouldnt admit if she was super fussy
Hmm Im not so sure, just because recently they've been posting things about being tired and Amber being fussy and clusterfeeding for hours in the night so I have a feeling she is being a bit hard to look after recently but they just don't want to say. Yeah they definitely wouldn't because it doesn't fit in with their perfect life and baby of course 😂

RALN

Witching hour, the baby won't settle.. Why because Amber is awake? Not as if she's screaming the house down

Why do influencers insist on announcing when they’re taking a day off social media? It’s not a big deal! Just do it and stop attention seeking. It’s hardly saving lives
people have literally gave them so much importance that God forbid they dont post people will assume the worst. Imagine checking on busybeecarys being part of your daily routine 🤣

• Haha

Imonlyme

Chatty Member
Yeh I thought that too, her true feelings were coming out about how she felt about going overdue even though she said she was so happy and relaxed and baby was to come whenever she was ready!
I know. There's nothing wrong with admitting that at 39 weeks you've had enough and just want the baby out. I'd say that's pretty normal. At the end of pregnancy most women just get fed up never mind exhausted and just want their body back to themselves. Nothing wrong with that.

plwcm

VIP Member
For someone who is ‘not thinking about how her body looks right now’ she certainly rambles on about it. The lady doth protest too much!
exactly! she probably thought her "active" pregnancy and "healthy" eating would mean she would bounce back 🙄🤣

Does anyone know the brand of the baby sling? It looks so handy with the one panel at the back! I spend ages faffing trying to use mine which is just one long strip of fabric.
Not sure of the brand but I have one called baby ktan which is pre wrapped so much easier!! Sorry for the recommendation before I get jumped on and called Mumsnet thread blablabla

• Haha

Flyonthewallxo

I thought the exact same! You would think as ‘influencers’ (and know-it-all’s) they would follow the safe sleeping guidelines from the Lullaby Trust. It’s also just plain old common sense!
I KNOW RIGHT! I became a mom quite young and even I knew not to do that until they're 1 at the earliest! especially when shes wrapped up in a straight jacket fgs!

Emogoo

also people had issues with her getting her boobs out on show before, but now a baby is attached to it, it's fine to see loads of pics of her boobs😂
Aint that the truth... People were moaning every day here that her boobs were out for the Reddit page. Now there's a baby there it's fine to do it! I didn't want to see them then, I don't really want to see them now although NOW the reason is more justified. Funny that