James and Carys #37 BusyBellyCarys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe this is a stupid idea, but if she is such a champion of clothes size doesn’t matter and forget what the number on the label is etc would it not have been a good idea to completely revolutionise clothes sizing for her own brand? She could’ve made anything up, and associated it with a measurement chart. For example instead of a size 8 or small (or whatever the size is for a size 8, I wouldn’t know.. probably extra small 🤣) she could’ve called it a colour, or a shape etc. So triangle = 26’ waist. I’m not sure this even makes sense, and I know it may be confusing for the consumer at first, but that goes much better with she pushes 24/7.
I know some plus size companies use '1' for size 16-18; '2' for 20-22 etc

Reactions: 4
It's hard to feel sorry for her. This isn't her first business/brand launch.

They made a big fuss of getting various women in for fittings so the sizing chart should be a great reference for those who are unsure. Why she's advising people to ignore it is baffling. My usual size varies between a 12 and a 16 for trousers depending on brand, shape and material. A sizing chart is a super helpful tool to assess where in that range I'll be.

They got thousands of people to do a survey and still didn't have enough stock. She should have managed expectations around that. It's hardly rocket science that a new business would have limited numbers for a launch. She should have not done the early access and just left it as first come, first serve.

I can't imagine the shorts launch will be any less chaotic because Carys' whole personality is around making life harder than it needs to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just don’t understand how she keeps harping on about this “new material” I am currently wearing a pair of new look high waisted super skinny hallie jeans, they re nice thick denim, super stretchy and super comfortable, I don’t want or need to squat and jump around in them but I could if I wanted and they cost me £29.99…….why are hers so different to these?

Reactions: 13
It's hard to feel sorry for her. This isn't her first business/brand launch.

They made a big fuss of getting various women in for fittings so the sizing chart should be a great reference for those who are unsure. Why she's advising people to ignore it is baffling. My usual size varies between a 12 and a 16 for trousers depending on brand, shape and material. A sizing chart is a super helpful tool to assess where in that range I'll be.

They got thousands of people to do a survey and still didn't have enough stock. She should have managed expectations around that. It's hardly rocket science that a new business would have limited numbers for a launch. She should have not done the early access and just left it as first come, first serve.

I can't imagine the shorts launch will be any less chaotic because Carys' whole personality is around making life harder than it needs to be.
They got tens of thousands of pounds worth of free market research data from having people fill out their forms and she’s butthurt that people expected something in return.
You can’t ask people what they want then not provide it.

Reactions: 12
who chooses to release jeans in the height of summer as well
Ridiculous!!!! And she's teased at a denim short releasing in a week or two...it's about to be July? You're too late!! Shorts should've come out FIRST (early May time) and the jeans should be September.

For someone that's run so many (unsuccessful) "businesses", you think she'd learn from her mistakes. How is stock still an issue? How can you not predict demand? Why are you even doing a "pre-sale" if you can't cater to everyone in it? Cap the number of available registrations!! Arghhhhhh

Reactions: 21
Carys: My waist measures 34in, so a size 16
Carys: Ambela jeans fit true to size
Carys: On fit advice, go with your waist measurement
Carys: I'm a size 14

Maybe if you wore your actual size you wouldn't need everything so soft and stretchy :rolleyes: honestly, the fact that she's created herself a highly paid salary out of this belly and bloat nonsense is infuriating! So contrived.

Those 'jeans' are still hideous, I said it before they look like a wetsuit with that thick stretchy material. Clingy and unflattering, no surprises they look better on her than any of the other models. They look awful on the smaller sizes especially. Vanity project.

Also what a time to launch jeans, right as we head into the hottest months of the year.

Reactions: 25
I think it's a cash grab as we know Carys is wanting to move/has bought another house. I can't see this venture lasting - she couldn't cope with sending out candles and concrete pots. She was fine for the initial launch in the autumn.....then the new stock for Christmas....but, when it came to spring, it was too much like hard work........I think she's wanting to build a company similar to ITS but, she needs to be dedicated 24/7......there's no time to go to Gregg's or fanny around posing in front of a camera......or typing word salad essays on instagram

Reactions: 10
I think it's a cash grab as we know Carys is wanting to move/has bought another house. I can't see this venture lasting - she couldn't cope with sending out candles and concrete pots. She was fine for the initial launch in the autumn.....then the new stock for Christmas....but, when it came to spring, it was too much like hard work........I think she's wanting to build a company similar to ITS but, she needs to be dedicated 24/7......there's no time to go to Gregg's or fanny around posing in front of a camera......or typing word salad essays on instagram
I think that's why she has other people on board this time that seem to have experience in businesses. I'm not sure how much of a flop it will be entirely as a lot of her followers that are similar sizes will probably buy whatever carys makes for their also "bloated round bellies".

she defo should have released the shorts first as who wants to wear a thick material Jean especially in the summer

Reactions: 7
I think that's why she has other people on board this time that seem to have experience in businesses. I'm not sure how much of a flop it will be entirely as a lot of her followers that are similar sizes will probably buy whatever carys makes for their also "bloated round bellies".

she defo should have released the shorts first as who wants to wear a thick material Jean especially in the summer
I cannot wait for the explanation of the short's sizes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I cannot wait for the feedback 🍿🍿🍿🍿
I saw some comments on the Ambela instagram saying they didn’t understand why they hadn’t even had a dispatch email yet as obviously they ordered two days ago and should be having Royal Mail next day delivery.

Also saw comments by the Ambela insta saying that shopify has different servers for different users and as they were new they didn’t get the largest one and they will for next time. Again, not good enough they knew how many people signed up so should have paid for the appropriate server needed. Obviously trying to do it on the cheap.

• Heart
  • Wow
I saw some comments on the Ambela instagram saying they didn’t understand why they hadn’t even had a dispatch email yet as obviously they ordered two days ago and should be having Royal Mail next day delivery.

Also saw comments by the Ambela insta saying that shopify has different servers for different users and as they were new they didn’t get the largest one and they will for next time. Again, not good enough they knew how many people signed up so should have paid for the appropriate server needed. Obviously trying to do it on the cheap.
...just checked ...for their size business, Shopify is between £3108 - £21000 per year ....

Reactions: 2

And a couple comments saying they’ve received an email saying their order has been cancelled! What a shitshow. So far we have not enough stock, website crashing, shopify/processing issues, cancelled orders and the next day delivery which is not arriving the next day. I really want to see the reviews 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
And a couple comments saying they’ve received an email saying their order has been cancelled! What a shitshow. So far we have not enough stock, website crashing, shopify/processing issues, cancelled orders and the next day delivery which is not arriving the next day. I really want to see the reviews 😂
even if I liked the jeans (which I don’t) I can’t imagine ever buying something from them after seeing how much of a car crash every single one of their business ventures is

Reactions: 12

The guy from Colchester has had 3 failed businesses. He lives near me, tempted to go round and ask what he’s thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ridiculous!!!! And she's teased at a denim short releasing in a week or two...it's about to be July? You're too late!! Shorts should've come out FIRST (early May time) and the jeans should be September.

For someone that's run so many (unsuccessful) "businesses", you think she'd learn from her mistakes. How is stock still an issue? How can you not predict demand? Why are you even doing a "pre-sale" if you can't cater to everyone in it? Cap the number of available registrations!! Arghhhhhh
can we reinstate the word ‘pair’. It irks me no end that Cary’s has started referring to things as ‘a Jean’ or ‘a short’. It’s a pair of shorts dammit.

Reactions: 16
The guy from Colchester has had 3 failed businesses. He lives near me, tempted to go round and ask what he’s thinking.
ah, I hadn't researched them myself, just seen what people had put on here 😂.
I doubt ambela will be a household name but reckon she can milk it a bit with different colourways of the same Jean, a skinny Jean etc, the shorts, probably denim jackets or skirts even too and her followers will buy

Reactions: 6
ah, I hadn't researched them myself, just seen what people had put on here 😂.
I doubt ambela will be a household name but reckon she can milk it a bit with different colourways of the same Jean, a skinny Jean etc, the shorts, probably denim jackets or skirts even too and her followers will buy
JEANS! It’s jeans with an S guys c’mon, let’s not let Cary’s dumb us down!

• Haha
I found the sizing chart for the short shorts:

1 = cos2 (x) + sin2 (x) = (eix + e-ix )2 /4 + sin2 (x) = (e2ix + e-2ix )/4 + e2ln(sin(x)) + 1/2

Failing that, you can put your left leg in, your left leg out, in, out, in, out, shake it all about......

• Haha
Reactions: 21