James and Carys #37 BusyBellyCarys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m astounded so many people have wanted to buy these jeans. But why haven’t they gone down the route of “oh wow guys we’ve already sold out as so many more you wanted these than we could have ever imagined. We will get more stocked soon” instead of the defensive story she put up? Gymshark used to do it like that all the time.

Reactions: 21
I mean I might be being sceptical but do we really believe over 30,000 people wanted these jeans? She’s economical with the truth at the best of times. This is the same person who says she designs her ITS collections all by herself 🤥 and they always sell out. So if they sell out why is there always stock left? I for one, do not believe she got anyway near the interest in the jeans as she’s saying. Who pays £65 for a pair of unbranded jeans in a cost of living crisis?

Reactions: 18
They are definitely deleting comments, I saw someone I know had commented and it's now gone. Wasn't even negative, just asking genuine questions 🫠

• Wow
Reactions: 7
James has replied to some Instagram comments, saying they didn’t have enough cash to buy the 30,000 pairs of jeans that they knew they needed ……from the amount of people who requested ‘early bird’ codes. They should’ve said they had limited stock before they even opened the website ! What a tit show!
They invested £100k. So if the jeans cost £10 to make, they would only have a maximum of 10,000 pairs of jeans and that’s not even including any other start up costs such as designers / branding / website / models and many more.

Absolutely ridiculous to launch when they knew they couldn’t even meet the demand of those who had signed up to special access. What was the point? How else could it have been anything other than a fiasco and they still seem surprised that it’s gone wrong? That pair of idiots couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery!

Reactions: 11
«size up size down usual size true to size» 😵💫
She’s literally sized them so that she can say she’s a smaller size hasn’t she! In her her latest tik tok she tries on a pair that are clearly far too tight and is moaning about them, just buy a bigger size! She then whips her stretchy ones out in a smaller size and surprise they fit! It’s ridiculous :/ even her own brand ones look tight on her no matter how comfy she swears they are! She just needs to either lose weight so she can stop with all this crap or accept she’s not a bloody size 12 and be done with it!!

Reactions: 18
They invested £100k. So if the jeans cost £10 to make, they would only have a maximum of 10,000 pairs of jeans and that’s not even including any other start up costs such as designers / branding / website / models and many more.

Absolutely ridiculous to launch when they knew they couldn’t even meet the demand of those who had signed up to special access. What was the point? How else could it have been anything other than a fiasco and they still seem surprised that it’s gone wrong? That pair of idiots couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery!
There are 44 different sizes.....so, 227 pairs of each size/length combo if they ordered 10,000 pairs

• Wow
Reactions: 9
There are 44 different sizes.....so, 227 pairs of each size/length combo if they ordered 10,000 pairs
In reality it will never be evenly apportioned as for example more people in the UK are a size 14/16 compared to a 6/8 so there will have been even less of certain sizes.

Either way, she had nowhere enough to meet the demand of those who had signed up. So why not warn them / up the investment? It’s like driving a car with no brake and being surprised you can’t stop it 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 13
"Investing" £100k doesn't mean they spent £100k on jeans, there will be a lot of other costs involved in production, shipping, legal fees etc.

Reactions: 16
Now she's saying shorts will be launching soon too. I find her so disingenuous because she "designed" a jean and shorts range with ITS a few years ago that apparently had "unbelievable stretch" so why now does she feel the need to do her own "brand"? Was everything she said about the ones she did for ITS a lie?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
This^^ set up fees will have been easily 25k including prototypes and legal fees. I also reckon at £65 a pair their costs are closer to £20 a pair. Which is 3750 pairs across 44 sizes averaging 85 pairs a size. As a first launch I’d put money on 100 pairs of the most popular sizes.

Reactions: 11
Now she's saying shorts will be launching soon too. I find her so disingenuous because she "designed" a jean and shorts range with ITS a few years ago that apparently had "unbelievable stretch" so why now does she feel the need to do her own "brand"? Was everything she said about the ones she did for ITS a lie?
Moneygrabbin’

Okay so the jeans have flopped already. What a tit show. Guesses on her next venture that she has been working so hard on and dreaming of?

Here’s the size chart, but ignore the size chart, just order your normal size, but if you do use the size chart ignore the biggest number and choose the smallest size you can.
Literally. And she’s someone who bangs on about how the label size doesn’t matter, they all vary so much from shop to shop etc. I’ve seen people comment with their waist measurement and saying they’re confused by the sizing chart, the response is “just go with your normal size!”. Eh!? Not sure why I’m bothered, I’m not going to be ordering them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So I don’t know much about sales and things but presumably if they’ve sold out all the jeans , she’s laughing her way to the bank? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: 4
So I don’t know much about sales and things but presumably if they’ve sold out all the jeans , she’s laughing her way to the bank? Or am I missing something?
Depends what the factory production costs were. Then the marketing/ads etc on top. Doubt she’ll be making a fortune from one hit of these

Reactions: 3
Maybe this is a stupid idea, but if she is such a champion of clothes size doesn’t matter and forget what the number on the label is etc would it not have been a good idea to completely revolutionise clothes sizing for her own brand? She could’ve made anything up, and associated it with a measurement chart. For example instead of a size 8 or small (or whatever the size is for a size 8, I wouldn’t know.. probably extra small 🤣) she could’ve called it a colour, or a shape etc. So triangle = 26’ waist. I’m not sure this even makes sense, and I know it may be confusing for the consumer at first, but that goes much better with she pushes 24/7.

Reactions: 15