James and Carys #26 Baby #2 and still no ducking clue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn’t be surprised if she starts shedding followers with all these dull ‘timeless’ posts about the council house collection.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In her post today about the vase, she mentions how weighty it is. I would never dream of having a really heavy vase on a side table with my toddler running around. It’s just bizarre to me how little care they have for Amber’s safety.
much safer than a light vase tbf - a light vase will get knocked so easily, at least something heavy won't get knocked over. Shame the whole range is a load of overpriced tat, exactly as we suspected. Surprised there are no chopping boards for sale!

Reactions: 4
I'm actually shocked it's £18 for that "rug" print and extra £22 for the frame. 🤣 what a load of rubbish.

Non of that stuff makes me want to buy it. Now she's added the price I'm even more put off.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
35C5DE4B-2C82-4580-A2A6-A35C14AC7B8C.jpeg

Skimmed through the video but had to click out because it just gave me the rage how utterly unprofessional it is. Absolutely EVERYTHING this chick does is so bleeping slap dash, rushed and poorly executed. Before her inexperience and youth were just barely justifiable excuses. But now she is legitimately trying to pretend she is a smart business owner, yet she still cannot for the life of her actually execute anything in a professional or polished way.
WTF even is this video? Wittering on as normal, faffing about with her back to the camera, all the crap just shoved on her dining room table and also wtf is up with her chin? Why is it 5 shades paler than the rest of her face? She can’t even make herself look presentable for the launch of her super-top-secret-project that she’s supposedly been working oh so hard on.
I have no more words, it’s just infuriating at this point.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I think bar about 3 items not a single thing in this collection is particularly suitable for a home with a toddler living there. Are first time parents not her core audience now???

Also I really think it would be right to credit these small companies tbh, but I doubt she will.
This is what I find the weirdest the content, the projects, the pregnancy content.. it’s not to a consistent audience and all feels a bit mixed up.

Reactions: 14
I hope they have for the same reason!
Comments under the reveal video:

"Ahhh I knew it. I'm so gutted, I was hoping more clothing products. Prices are a bit much but also fair if you think about the white company etc. "

"It is a shame that all the items are mismatched finishes and colours. There are some nice bits but it would drive me up the wall to have so many odd bits and pieces with nothing matching.. love the branding, it looks classy but i will wait to see if they bring out some ranges such as that cute jug,with a matching vase, pot and candle holder etc"

"£50 for a bleeping wicker basket!!!!!! You’ve got to be kidding me "

"Your prices are expensive, you are such a beautiful family but people are struggling with energy bills and will go elsewhere at the moment personally I would love your home wear just for fact it's your brand course I love your channel you are so genuine please don't take this comment the wrong way as I truly love you guys"

"I have to say the products are gorgeous. But the price point is way off. The set of 2 baskets are £46 and are the exact same as the £8 ikea ones! The large concrete vase, the trade price is only £30 and you can get a very similar one (if not larger) from Neptune for just £12 more!"

" Love the name, brand design and collection… totally beautiful! Honest views…it’s not too dissimilar to what you see elsewhere at other retailers so would struggle to justify the price unless there’s a USP. Ie sourced locally, sustainable etc x "
"I agree, you can buy similar things on Etsy for a cheaper price, also seems a bit sensitive to release a new homeware collection with prices that aren't exactly low in a time of a cost of living crisis. "

" DON'T BUY ANY OF THIS STUFF IF IT'S MADE IN CHINA. THEY WORK NEXT TO NOTHING. "

"We have already seen all this white home decor already on your IG page. And it's adorable and pretty, but it's way too white for me. I need color in my home."

" Unfoartunately you are copying Elle's brand and show. You too are copy catting her show. "

"A few things that I have to mention please don't be offended: 1 the products that you are showing can be easily purchased from home bargains, tk max, dunelm ect. 2 anyone can take a photo and add a wooden frame too it and sell them. 3 all of the products shown are highly overpriced. And lastly the brand name Whitaker is the only reason for the high price. 4. Next day delivery £5.99 but you wont get the item the next day? Not very professional from the get go . Just seems to me that this all seems to be a money grabbing business. Thats my opinion "
"I agree, the price point of the products is very disappointing, as mentioned before in the current climate with regards to the cost of living."

It seems most of their fan base is in Ireland or Northern Ireland....with the odd person commenting from Canada, Australia, The Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and the states

James and Carys may think they're going to be the next 'White Company' but, it's not going to happen. We are at the start of a recession. The White Company have survived many recessions since it opened 30 years ago. It also has someone in charge who knows what she's doing. They have the millions in pounds/dollars to advertise and have 70 stores around the world and 2000 employees. They can afford to buy in bulk and they perform market research before buying. They will have new collections ready and waiting to go for three years in advance

So.....have James and Carys not bought a house as a fixer upper? I hope not with the way the interest rates are about to rocket!

Reactions: 1
It really bugs me that she uses double exclamation marks, this is surely meant to be professional. Would it not be better to write these paragraphs as separate posts on the Whittarce house account and just share them on her stories.
Came here for this: who uses exclamation marks in professional settings anyway! (Demonstrative usage of ! from me here).

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real company use !!!! in every other sentence explaining their product. If they have one it’s in a funny catch phrase for their company, like a drainage/sewage cleaning company saying «we suck the best!» or something like that 🙈

She is so lost if she can’t use smileys or !!!!, and she is born in the UK. Sad, really.

Reactions: 16
Look at James in this screenshot literally squirming. You’ve enabled this James, you’re as to blame and lame as she is.
View attachment 1599688
Skimmed through the video but had to click out because it just gave me the rage how utterly unprofessional it is. Absolutely EVERYTHING this chick does is so bleeping slap dash, rushed and poorly executed. Before her inexperience and youth were just barely justifiable excuses. But now she is legitimately trying to pretend she is a smart business owner, yet she still cannot for the life of her actually execute anything in a professional or polished way.
WTF even is this video? Wittering on as normal, faffing about with her back to the camera, all the crap just shoved on her dining room table and also wtf is up with her chin? Why is it 5 shades paler than the rest of her face? She can’t even make herself look presentable for the launch of her super-top-secret-project that she’s supposedly been working oh so hard on.
I have no more words, it’s just infuriating at this point.
No, you need to buy the frame separately 🤣🤣
Oh my days it gets worse!
Hang on, let me go take a picture of my carpet (That sounds so dodgy!) we’re in a recession guys, who wouldn’t want a print of it?! 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
much safer than a light vase tbf - a light vase will get knocked so easily, at least something heavy won't get knocked over. Shame the whole range is a load of overpriced tat, exactly as we suspected. Surprised there are no chopping boards for sale!
A heavy vase can and will get knocked over/pulled down, and it will do a lot more damage than something much lighter.

Reactions: 4
The prints are bad. The ‘vintage rug’ looks mass produced off Wayfair & why frame that for your wall? They should come free in the frame.
The gonks too are odd, maybe just there to be a cheap purchase so young fans can get something but the p&p negates that. Wtf is a ‘classic gonk’ and who’s making cosy home setups?! She need a proper job to give her something more to think about.

Those aside I think the stuff is nice, I’d have it in my home no bother. I’d never pay their £, it’s not new or different but it’s inoffensive and generally attractive, just ‘nice’.
Bit like if they launched their own clothes line and it was average quality black jeans & plain T-shirts but they wanted £65 and £32 respectively. Would I I wear it? Yes. Would I buy it? No way!

Most shops buy stock in from suppliers, that’s fair but they have strongly implied their items are unique to them when they’re not. They should have called it a curated collection & priced it more fairly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She
Wouldn’t be surprised if she starts shedding followers with all these dull ‘timeless’ posts about the council house collection.
Oi, I live in a council house and have much better taste than these two 😉 No greige or rug prints here

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
She

Oi, I live in a council house and have much better taste than these two 😉 No greige or rug prints here
There's nothing wrong with a council house hun :love:

What time does this tit show of a website open?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I saw the little ‘BOO’ gonks in B&M earlier, £3.50. There’s nothing they’re selling that can’t be found cheaper in the Range/Ikea etc and even if I couldn’t find it cheaper, I’d buy it from a well known place that has better terms and conditions for delivery/refunds etc. Nothing in their ‘marketing’ suggests a smooth, professional service.

As for what looks like a photocopy in a frame…. I genuinely don’t understand who would want to pay for that.

Reactions: 18
I saw the little ‘BOO’ gonks in B&M earlier, £3.50. There’s nothing they’re selling that can’t be found cheaper in the Range/Ikea etc and even if I couldn’t find it cheaper, I’d buy it from a well known place that has better terms and conditions for delivery/refunds etc. Nothing in their ‘marketing’ suggests a smooth, professional service.

As for what looks like a photocopy in a frame…. I genuinely don’t understand who would want to pay for that.
James and Carys' gonks are going to be £11.99 with postage!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
"Gonks" are Scandinavian Christmas elves, and its weird how they have some how become decor...its like having an elf on a shelf out all year round...made of concrete inexplicably

• Haha
For a little more than the price of her rug print and frame you can just buy a very similar rug from IKEA.

Screenshot_20220923-160034.png

For the price of £8 you can print off the above screenshot of the IKEA rug and frame it in one of Ikea's frames

Screenshot_20220923-160112.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Can't get over the fact that the rug is just a print. I thought it was a rug. But it is a print of a photo of a rug?? Where is the rug from then?

I already know I'm not going to afford my heating bills this winter and a print of a rug is not going to keep my feet warm Carys.

If I had the money I'd order the rug print and return it with a complaint that I expected an actual rug not just a photo of it 🥺🤣

Just WHY would anyone want a print of a rug Carys? She is thick af

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can't get over the fact that the rug is just a print. I thought it was a rug. But it is a print of a photo of a rug?? Where is the rug from then?

I already know I'm not going to afford my heating bills this winter and a print of a rug is not going to keep my feet warm Carys.

If I had the money I'd order the rug print and return it with a complaint that I expected an actual rug not just a photo of it 🥺🤣

Just WHY would anyone want a print of a rug Carys? She is thick af
When Whittaker House flops in a few months she'll be selling prints of her rug on Only Fans

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I can’t get over James in that video you know he is literally so embarrassed and just seems very uninterested this is most definitely something she wanted to do and he’s just agreed to do all the “admin and grown up” stuff behind the scenes. James slags off half of the shite they have in their boring cluttered house majority of the time anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.