James and Carys #21 Calm arts & crafts is no more, I just love to leave my child on the floor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan of the panelling - needs a dado rail, looks odd without.

stair gates need painting to match either the bannisters or panelling

Definitely will never be trouble in paradise for those two, James will forever ride on her coattails 💰

Definitely will never be trouble in paradise for those two, James will forever ride on her coattails 💰
Also stair gates - my 15 month would open them no issue 😂😂

Reactions: 11
Are they seriously going to leave the hallway like that now that Amber will be walking soon!? Can't wait for her to knock all those vases over and throw everything on the floor.

It looks a mess, so much stuff everywhere
I find it so sad/weird that so much of her life is just fake, set up for the aesthetics~ alone. The books on those hallway units, for example. What ARE they?!? I doubt they're family albums.
I mean my hallway is cluttered up by shoes, coats, a pram, dog walking gear, cycling gear, unread post... 😂 Probably just a bit jealous. But I do have family photos up, a nice piece of art my husband found when we were at a carboot, and a vase of dried flowers from my MIL...

Reactions: 10

Also stair gates - my 15 month would open them no issue 😂😂
Despite the fact she’s spent what feels like 5 years of my life choosing paint colours the slaked lime (more like slimy discharge) doesn’t even go with the white/cream/beige/black colours in the hallway and stairway. The stairgate is hideous and needs to be painted to either match the bannister or the panelling.

Had a nosey and 100% agree with you, the panelling looks half done and needs something to “top it off”. However, it’s not an old house so it shouldn’t be there in the first place, in 5 years it will look so ridiculously outdated. I am so over the panelling GLM, EDeLe Darby and countless others.

Reactions: 17
Had a nosey and 100% agree with you, the panelling looks half done and needs something to “top it off”. However, it’s not an old house so it shouldn’t be there in the first place, in 5 years it will look so ridiculously outdated. I am so over the panelling GLM, EDeLe Darby and countless others.
Agree, it’s passĂ© and out of place. It also looks too high to me.
Their house is a mishmash of styles and periods, that she thinks flows because it’s tied together with beige. The downstairs loo panelling is totally different from the hallway making even more inauthentic for instance. She should do a course to understand the periods or something and make it coherent. Interiors expert she is not.

Does anyone credit Carys to know what good workmanship really looks like? She goes on about ITS polyester tat being so lux and quality, I couldn’t take her opinion seriously.

Reactions: 17
She’s down another 1k on Instagram. Down to 864k. Shows how many people are sick of her bland tit content.

Reactions: 15
There was no point to the panelling because with all the tables and vases and baskets it’s like she’s going out of her way to cover them up you can’t even see it!

Reactions: 20
What I can't understand is how it can take two months to choose a beige paint just to end up with a gray shade??? đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł she said that it looks a bit more gray in the camera than in real life .. A BIT MORE ?? its gray ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I actually like this vase but I don’t understand why you wouldn’t put something tall in it to really add to the height. It bugs me everytime I see it
It would look much better on a low stool and, as you said, taller flowers

Reactions: 3
I actually like this vase but I don’t understand why you wouldn’t put something tall in it to really add to the height. It bugs me everytime I see it
She doesn't understand design principles at all. That's what I mean, if she did a course she could learn and pass the knowledge on as content but she's too lazy, has it too easy giving her subs nothing but showing off free coffee cups and terrible OOTD you'd do your housework in.

Reactions: 6
Don’t most kids do this?
I actually didn’t mind their content about a year ago when I first found them but they’re are so boring and repetitive. Like I don’t need to watch their vlogs as I know it will have the same crap in it as always.
My life isn’t exactly exciting but I don’t put it on the internet for people to see and make money from it.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I think building your own stair gate is actually quite dangerous. These things go through testing and have to meet certain standards before they can be sold in the UK. Making your own is asking for trouble, but it’s all about the aesthetics, not safety, with Carys.

Reactions: 39
I have a similar baby gate. The baby gate was made by a joiner, wasn’t it? I’d personally say its safer than a £10 one from Home Bargains that pops off the wall as soon as a baby falls against it

Reactions: 6
I have a similar baby gate. The baby gate was made by a joiner, wasn’t it? I’d personally say its safer than a £10 one from Home Bargains that pops off the wall as soon as a baby falls against it
Yeah my dad had one of those metal ones when I was a kid cause he had a dog. When I was 6, I stepped on it to step over it and it fell off the wall and I ended up needing stitches in my chin

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.