James and Carys #15 Amber still swaddled like it's the norm...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you can see she should have wore the 14. she mentions folds and creases, which you can see on nayla, Carys' are from where the material is pulling to stretch over her
I know this is not her thread but I had a look at nayla’s instagram and you can go back and see how she used to be much slimmer and how she’s gradually gained weight. She’s another one who claims to be positive about her body but when you see the dramatic change, I just don’t see how she can be.

So I know a seamstress on the Lydia Millen thread mentioned this a few weeks back. But apparently if the crotch of trousers smile, they're too tight. If they frown, they're too loose
Haha that’s funny. I can’t imagine what a smile in trousers looks like though.

Reactions: 12
I know this is not her thread but I had a look at nayla’s instagram and you can go back and see how she used to be much slimmer and how she’s gradually gained weight. She’s another one who claims to be positive about her body but when you see the dramatic change, I just don’t see how she can be.

Haha that’s funny. I can’t imagine what a smile in trousers looks like though.
I was shocked to see Nayla used to be skinny!

Reactions: 10
I used to like Carys before she got pregnant now I do find her quite annoying, she's definitely struggling with her new body and I hope James steps in and voices some concern about her social media content. Her content is tame compared to most but its constant body image bollocks which she clearly doesn't believe that's draining to read everyday.. She's gonna make herself extremely unwell if she carries on. I think her figure is beautiful and suits her alot more than when she really tiny and toned.

Reactions: 10
I used to like Carys before she got pregnant now I do find her quite annoying, she's definitely struggling with her new body and I hope James steps in and voices some concern about her social media content. Her content is tame compared to most but its constant body image bollocks which she clearly doesn't believe that's draining to read everyday.. She's gonna make herself extremely unwell if she carries on. I think her figure is beautiful and suits her alot more than when she really tiny and toned.
She was never tiny though, the way she portrays it is as if she was super restrictive or like some of the other fitness influencers who did prep/bikini comps etc. She had a nice strong figure with decent muscle mass - but she never struck me as looking unhealthily lean or skinny. She is obviously just genetically supposed to be a bit bigger than she was, but all this body positivity stuff is bullshit.

Reactions: 14
She was never tiny though, the way she portrays it is as if she was super restrictive or like some of the other fitness influencers who did prep/bikini comps etc. She had a nice strong figure with decent muscle mass - but she never struck me as looking unhealthily lean or skinny. She is obviously just genetically supposed to be a bit bigger than she was, but all this body positivity stuff is bullshit.
She was tiny for a while, when she was at uni - she has admitted before that she restricted and wasn't really into weights and strength. It was more about being skinny.

Reactions: 2
She was tiny for a while, when she was at uni - she has admitted before that she restricted and wasn't really into weights and strength. It was more about being skinny.
Yeh she was actually really small at one point. She was a uk size 6 on top her legs have always been ‘bigger’ compared to other fitness girls but it was just big muscles more than anything.

I used to like Carys I thought she was pretty harmless but I don’t know what’s happened to her she doesn’t seem right at all anymore.
The body positivity i am finding uncomfortable because I don’t think she actually believes it.

The obsession with Ambers sleep and awake time whatever that means is really irritating as well but I think she’s struggling with motherhood and has some post natal depression or something that’s making her act really off.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I always took her saying this as an excuse for being 'fat' now. so many people say it, it's just a bit boring😂. Carys posted a lot of what she ate, how many calories etc she was eating and it never seemed restrictive to me. She also made money by people following her guides and meal plans so she's a crappy person if she is saying she was unhealthily restricting herself just to be skinny and making money by influencing other girls to have the same disordered eating behaviour.

In reality, Carys ate good food when she was smaller, appeared to eat plenty and a lot of calories. she wouldn't have been able to grow a lot of muscle without the calories anyway. She just stopped going to the gym and started eating more and worse food🤷‍♀️ it just always seems like an excuse to be like "oh well I was actually starving myself, I restricted so bad, I'm so much happier now". especially so when you can see she's struggling right now with her body and the only time she hasn't been was when she was losing weight because of her thyroid😂

Reactions: 20
I no longer follow Carys but had a little look this morning. Genuinely made me feel sad reading this, and I'm not an emotional person! Language like this is why so many young girls feel the need to be a certain size/shape/style. She's a baby for goodness sake.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I no longer follow Carys but had a little look this morning. Genuinely made me feel sad reading this, am I'm not an emotional person! Language like this is why so many young girls feel the need to be a certain size/shape/style. She's a baby for goodness sake.
She can’t even spell

Reactions: 12
I no longer follow Carys but had a little look this morning. Genuinely made me feel sad reading this, am I'm not an emotional person! Language like this is why so many young girls feel the need to be a certain size/shape/style. She's a baby for goodness sake.
No way is she talking about amber here?!! What the actual duck is wrong with her? Who says that?? What happened to all of her you are enough bullshit. God help that poor little girl if carys is going to start projecting her absolute obsession with body image on to her. Sorry but she is not well, not normal behaviour at all🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 27
I always took her saying this as an excuse for being 'fat' now. so many people say it, it's just a bit boring😂. Carys posted a lot of what she ate, how many calories etc she was eating and it never seemed restrictive to me. She also made money by people following her guides and meal plans so she's a crappy person if she is saying she was unhealthily restricting herself just to be skinny and making money by influencing other girls to have the same disordered eating behaviour.

In reality, Carys ate good food when she was smaller, appeared to eat plenty and a lot of calories. she wouldn't have been able to grow a lot of muscle without the calories anyway. She just stopped going to the gym and started eating more and worse food🤷‍♀️ it just always seems like an excuse to be like "oh well I was actually starving myself, I restricted so bad, I'm so much happier now". especially so when you can see she's struggling right now with her body and the only time she hasn't been was when she was losing weight because of her thyroid😂
I’m talking about before she was into the weight lifting. Before that she was just restricting and not exercising.

Reactions: 2
Gifted gifted gifted

She’s an absolute joke, when there’s so many families out there that wouldn’t be able to afford half the stuff that they get for free, even though they’re more than able to pay full price.

At what stage does these influencers lose their morals and ethics?
It’s the Brands too, more people need to let them know how they feel about it, yes it’s Advertising but it’s wrong on so many levels. Brands will listen if more and more people complain or stop shopping there. It all comes down to which one brings in more money for them.

Reactions: 5
The fact that she keeps saying she's a 12 is really doing my head in cause I'm a 12 and I KNOW we're not the same size
Completely agree - I’m convinced ITS must be vanity sizing and be generous as I was an 8/10 pre pregnancy and i’m currently in a 12 in jeans because i‘m all about comfort and not swishing my pp belly into my old jeans for the sake of it and there is no way I am the same size as Carys.

Reactions: 8
The fact that she keeps saying she's a 12 is really doing my head in cause I'm a 12 and I KNOW we're not the same size
Same….I’m edging mostly towards a size 12 these days, thanks lockdown :/ lol! Can still squeeze into my size 10 stuff mostly but 12 is more comfy at the moment, her legs, stomach, chest, arms, everything all look way bigger than mine so I don’t believe for a second she is a size 12 anymore!!

Reactions: 9
I feel bad saying what I said because I am not body shaming her in the slightest, she looks great for 6 months pp and is far from ‘big’ but I wish she’d be honest about her size.

Reactions: 7
To be fair to her, to look at my and my close friend side by side you'd think we were both the same size. I wear a 10 mostly, the odd 12 in places like primark who's sizing is tit, and she wears mostly 12s and some 14s. There is also only 3lbs in weight between us and only 2 inches in height.

As much as I don't think carys is open about being a size 12 due to her leg muscles and her breasts, I don't think it's fair for everyone to compare her body to their size 12 body. She might just wear a 12 and squeeze herself in? Who knows.

Regardless of her size, I do really think she is in a mentally bad place and should just knock off and get some help for a little while.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.