Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

plwcm

VIP Member
I have to agree. There’s a lot of things other parents do that I’d never do with my kids but I just don’t do them, I don’t feel the need to criticise other parents for doing those things.

If you don’t agree with jumparoos/Seats then that’s fine don’t use one but also just don’t comment on other mums using them either 😂😂😂😂
yeah that's my opinion on them really. I don't want to use them but don't care if other people do (my mum has had 6 kids and we all used jumperoos/walkers, you name it). My original comment was the fact that they were adamant they only used products like the sleepyhead things as recommended and to the guidelines, yet have a jumperoo with cushions under (presumably because they are using it early and amber is too short), and using sit me up chairs that aren't recommended until baby can sit unaided first themselves, putting amber forward facing in the carrier early.

Wasn't hate for her using these products, more just to the fact she's using them incorrectly when previously would be passive aggressive that they follow the guidelines and wouldn't use a product in the wrong way🤣

also saying my baby isn't at that stage yet, when my baby is older than Carys' and she's using these products is fucking funny to me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 bang on about mum shaming but some of you get so arsy when you think you're being "shamed" and make accusations that I must have a perfect baby that will just lay wherever and she must not be at the moves around stage etc, when she is far from that. I guess if I told you she's been rolling since 3 months and trying to crawl and pull herself up at 5 months would just be me bragging though🙄😴 some people get so touchy about things on here sometimes

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

ShadyBadger

Chatty Member
Guidelines are for babies under 6 months to not be in direct sun at all really, so maybe that's why they aren't out and about doing much because of how sunny it will be over there? I'm sure there are plenty of other things they could go do like you said though, aquarium would probably be nice for Amber. Feel like they just rushed to have a summer holiday abroad with a young baby for content again (and because Elle is going on one too😅) without thinking about what they will actually do.
Does it really feel like a holiday when they are doing exactly what they do at home, lounge around, drinking coffee, eating food and going shopping? 🤣🤣🤣
But I love that Elle probably watches and then comes here to make notes for their holiday 😂

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
TBF from experience, I can believe this.
I don't disagree, I'm sure it ranges vastly. But it's one of those things you don't really talk about because other people will hate you for it, like having a baby that sleeps well. You can brag, but everyone, everyone will want to throw rocks at your head.

RARA.K

Gifted another Pram 🙄🙄🙄

They’ve barely used the expensive Mamas & Papas one and she’s already in a #gifted front facing stroller at 4 months. Takes the piss doesnt it.
Oh I haven’t seen this yet! Course it was gifted they possibly haven’t got enough money to buy one now have they!

Reactions: 5

littlepup

VIP Member
Chooses the most true to life filter to imply that she doesn’t use heavy filters 🤦🏼‍♀️
Also totally ripping off that girl she loves who just dances round with her baby to depressing songs 🤷🏼‍♀️ Imagine your content being so shote you have to copy others’ shocking content

0D10BF0D-279F-4EFF-ADF4-85CBC3174777.jpeg

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Its a love to dream transitional swaddle.. whole reason they shouldn’t wear a swaddle after 4 months is in case they roll onto their front. I don’t really see how one arm would help her hold herself up if she rolled on her face 🙄

Speaking of rolling over, I thought Amber was so advanced how come she isn’t doing it yet at 5 months 😬
I think it’s more about the fact that if you roll over and your arms are covering your chest and can’t move, that’s pressure on your chest which increases risk of positional asphyxia and dying.

• Sad

Eat more cake

VIP Member
If I zoom in really well I can just about see the product she is advertising on the latest grid post. Such a weird way to advertise. I thought the second pic would be just the products.

shoppingismycardio

Chatty Member
swear majority of the people that complain it turns to mumsnet are the ones that derail it the most claiming there's mumshaming. I'm not here crying at everyone calling Carys fat/overweight/massive and unhealthy whilst being overweight, fat and a size 14 myself. you're on a gossip site, people will have varying opinions, raising babies has varying opinions and routes, but for some reason it's mumshaming to think a product is a bit pointless (in my personal opinion, if I'm allowed one of those in this thread😬🤪 I know others will have opposite opinions). as I've said my original point was pointing out the hypocrisy of them saying they follow guidelines and then really not following the guidelines. I don't care that she's using the products, most of the time I see babies loving them and having fun (I apologise if words such as plonk offended, that's just my go to dialect and way I articulate, sorry🙈). There's a vast difference between saying that I don't see the point of a product and wouldn't use one myself, to "ew, Carys is using a jumperoo, what a shit mum". If someone said that I could see why there would be a tirade of accusations they are a mum shamer. cba with this anymore now as people seem to only read the part they don't agree with and nothing else🙃🤣

this thread is the most up and down on here that I've read. sometimes it's okay to say things, the next day it's not 🙃
The lady doth protest too much methinks 🤪

• Haha

plwcm

VIP Member
View attachment 721861
Poor Amber always looks so alarmed in pictures and stories with Carys. The Season’s scenery and Amber being born are the only difference. Size 12 😂 I’m sorry, but Carys you still look 20 weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️
ooo, watch out, you'll be the next mum shamer 🤣 I agree though, she looks pretty much the same, if not a bit bigger but could be angles

ShadyBadger

Chatty Member
What’s wrong with her just being in a sleeping bag? I don’t understand how the thing she has works or why she’s using it surely the bag would be the same but both arms would be out

sd25

Why is she banging on about Autumn whilst on her SUMMER holiday?! I usually want to go on holidays to escape the shitty Autumn weather! Seriously why are influencers obsessed with autumn Elle Darby is the same!
They spend all their time inside their house, unless going out to make “content” autumn surrounds staying in, dark nights etc. Also it is a MASSIVE topic for making content there is so much they can’t talk about they need to up sell it

Honestly I’m so surprised she hasn’t been on the beg trying to get one of those gifted ‘Snoo’ sleep things. I think she forgets Amber is a human, adults don’t sleep perfectly every night so why on earth would she expect that of Amber??