Jameela Jamil #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a massive shame.

Jameela's use of feminism and the patriarchy is incredibly tiresome - and I'm a feminist!! Even I'm eye-rolling. Especially when it's used to deflect and not take accountability for her own behaviour. She's making it far too easy for people to turn their back on even discussing or contemplating it as a concept.

I feel like if Jameela's heart was truly in the right place, she would get off Twitter and social media and put her money where her mouth is.

I know she has I Weigh, but to me that seems to be a content machine for social media rather than anything tangible.

She should start an academy for girls or fund young women in 3rd level STEM. Fund female led research. There's lots of incredible people out there with amazing ideas in every corner of the world, they just need to money and the publicity to get started.
I've had the misfortune of trying to listen to iweigh (when she had aisling Bea and Joe lysaght on). It is an appalling podcast and nothing more than a vehicle for her narcissism and her munchausens.

She told Aisling Bea that her show This Way Up was actually about her (jameela) because like the character, she TOO had had a nervous breakdown whilst teaching English as a foreign language (sure, Jan) and cut across Joe lysaght talking about his grief at a friends death to announce she cant cry because she us allergic to her own tears (suuurrre, Jan)

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Sorry is it’s already been posted but has anyone seen here Wiki page? View attachment 252242
She’s also been called out on a load of her other bullshit on there, to the point I’m surprised it’s still up.
It's like when my kids come running screaming downstairs at bedtime going ' THERES A GIANT CRANEFLY IN MY ROOM THATS GOING TO EAT ME!' before I go upstairs to put the tiny insect in a cup and throw it outside. Shes possibly 20 years older than them though 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've had the misfortune of trying to listen to iweigh (when she had aisling Bea and Joe lysaght on). It is an appalling podcast and nothing more than a vehicle for her narcissism and her munchausens.

She told Aisling Bea that her show This Way Up was actually about her (jameela) because like the character, she TOO had had a nervous breakdown whilst teaching English as a foreign language (sure, Jan) and cut across Joe lysaght talking about his grief at a friends death to announce she cant cry because she us allergic to her own tears (suuurrre, Jan)
god how does she get any guests on after this?! I'd be running a mile if asked

Reactions: 2

That “allergic to her own tears” comment is just utterly ridiculous. She can’t possibly think anyone would be stupid enough to swallow that, surely? Is it possible that she’s actually a parody character? It would explain a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That “allergic to her own tears” comment is just utterly ridiculous. She can’t possibly think anyone would be stupid enough to swallow that, surely? Is it possible that she’s actually a parody character? It would explain a lot.
I constantly wonder if , sooner or later, she is revealed to be a spoof, like Ali G or something :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
dianna’s reply guy (@klossgron) Tweeted:
i thought oomf was trolling but jameela jamil really posted her pubes on her insta story AND saved it as a highlight... https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

No...no...no...not attention seeking at all....

Is she in a Travel Tavern?

Is poor James gonna have to lint roller all that up?!

It was all a hilarious old joke...maybe... but it's still attention seeking nonsense...now she can get on the anti- anti-pube bandwagon...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
This is a great article

I like the fact that the first trigger warning was Jameela Jamil herself.
Reading the Jameela Jamil tag on that website is quite enlightening. I like this quote ‘Jamil notoriously takes up space in conversations she has no business being in and uses her platform to be unabashedly loud and wrong’.
Also it seems that she spoke to a newspaper and used words that weren’t her own ‘Jameela Jamil's intellectual thievery from a fat Black woman, taking the words of Stephanie Yeboah and presenting them as her own in order to make herself visible in the body positivity movement’.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

I feel like replying and saying hey, early 30s isn’t young, but I’m excited to see you turn over a new leaf (or something far wittier) 😂

but also. Reading between the lines. This isn’t her being understanding and self deprecating. It’s a way of her calling everyone twats — angrily — while pretending she’s better than them now. 🙄

Reactions: 13
Oh duck off with all this 'be kind' bullshit. Disgusting the way Caroline Flack's death has been used as a symbol of it. The people who say it the loudest are no doubt the least kind. Boils my piss.

Reactions: 16
Oh duck off with all this 'be kind' bullshit. Disgusting the way Caroline Flack's death has been used as a symbol of it. The people who say it the loudest are no doubt the least kind. Boils my piss.
There was a spate of Be KIND stuff on FB earlier in the year, and loads of screenshots floating about with people commenting beneath these posts ‘but you were a racist bully to me at school’.

It’s actions, not words, and all JJ shows is that she is a raging narc, with a pathological need for attention. Her Wiki is one of the craziest things I’ve ever read. If you need a section on ‘claimed bee attacks’ and ‘claimed illnesses, accidents and injuries’, then you’re a LOON.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The Be Kind thing gets me. She doesn’t care about being kind when she uses ‘Karen’ as a slur. It’s just childish bullying. Stereotyping women of a certain age. It’s ageist and completely sexist. You would think she’d recognise that being the feminist that she is. All she cares about is the trans community and to appear as woke as can be. If you’re a white 45 year woman she literally doesn’t give a f about you and will ridicule and make assumptions about you purely based on your race/age/gender. Such a kind feminist our Jam!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The Be Kind thing gets me. She doesn’t care about being kind when she uses ‘Karen’ as a slur. It’s just childish bullying. Stereotyping women of a certain age. It’s ageist and completely sexist. You would think she’d recognise that being the feminist that she is. All she cares about is the trans community and to appear as woke as can be. If you’re a white 45 year woman she literally doesn’t give a f about you and will ridicule and make assumptions about you purely based on your race/age/gender. Such a kind feminist our Jam!
Never forget her claiming Catherine Zeta Jones was going through menopause rather than having bipolar disorder - “it makes 40+ women crazy”

Ageist ✔
Sexist ✔
Trivialising/denying someone else’s mental health issues ✔

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Never forget her claiming Catherine Zeta Jones was going through menopause rather than having bipolar disorder - “it makes 40+ women crazy”

Ageist ✔
Sexist ✔
Trivialising/denying someone else’s mental health issues ✔
Yep this pissed me off so much. Once she is over 40 she will change her tune. She is just so desperate to be relevant and will step all over a whole group of people just to seem woke (and also because it seems trendy now with younger women to ridicule and look down on older women, it’s ok to stereotype them don’t you know!!).

Reactions: 10
She's the biggest twerp going. Can't stand her

Why is she more concerned with appealing to trans people than she is with being a genuine ally to her own sex?

Reactions: 16
Sex and gender are different, the OP said "her own sex" not gender
You're right - I don't know why she should have to only be an ally to cis women though. When she is taking up space on a show about ballroom, the very least she can do is try to be an ally to those communities.

Reactions: 4
@cholulamare you're missing my point, whether deliberately or not, I don't know. She isn't an ally to women- my comment was following a post where she was derisive about CZJ and the menopause and being over 40 and how the menopause makes women crazy. That isn't being an ally to women.

As for trans women are women, repeating a meaningless statement over and over again doesn't make it true. Transwomen are transwomen

• Heart
Reactions: 47
You're right - I don't know why she should have to only be an ally to cis women though. When she is taking up space on a show about ballroom, the very least she can do is try to be an ally to those communities.
No one said she could only stick up for "cis" women, I think the point is she is no ally at all to her own sex

She clearly has a lot of internalised misogyny and is on record making comments that slut shame her fellow woman, gaslight their mental health struggles as "craziness caused by menopause", steals intellectual property from WOC and passes it off as her own and bangs on about "acceptance without exception" even for know sexual predators that are a danger to women.

She is not a friend to the female species but there seems to be no lengths and no nonsense she wont spout in the name of appearing woke and a trans ally.

Edited to add, onAWOE:
This person fanticises about raping and murdering women, exploited Ireland gender self ID laws and is seeking to be housed in a womens prison.

I'm sure Jameela would insist it's only right.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.