Jameela Jamil #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeh she has never been fat, maybe slightly overweight but not anything appraoching fat IMO. This is just another one of her lies to make everything about her, like the whole pregnancy/abortion etc etc. She is incapable of doing anything that doesn't put her in the spotlight. It also makes no sense as people who (in their view) have been "fat" are generally careful with their food intake. they wouldn't be bragging about eating burgers and not exercising

Jameela Jamil blows smoke worse than a chimney!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah this drives me mad, it is basically always thin women who brag about what they eat, if a fat woman did it would not be branded as "aspirational" or in any way positive. I don't believe she does anyway. It is just part of the whole "cool girl" trope
There was an experiment done on a show I watched where they studied a ' naturally thin' woman. She looked like she ate junk food all the time, but if she had a pasties for lunch she naturally and subconsciously ate less for the rest of the week so the overall calories were within the healthy range. Women have had so many messages given to them by the media and the industry Jameela is in that few have those natural cues anymore due to the diet industry. I dont believe for a minute that someone so obsessed with their and other peoples weight has such a subconscious mindset. She probably starved herself so she can Instagram herself eating a burger, which is massively problematic for women's self esteem in itself. Its basically saying 'I'm rich and beautiful, of course I can eat what I want, but I'm so selfless Im defending you poor people with no self control who dont have my blessed genes!'

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I also have a major problem with her telling people not to airbrush their photos when she filters hers to the extreme. She also made a stupid post about designers saying that if you don't design for larger people you aren't talented? I'm sorry what? I'm sure the designers she choices only cater to a certain clientel for the most part. She has no idea what she's talking about. The sad thing is people look up to her.

Reactions: 13
I also have a major problem with her telling people not to airbrush their photos when she filters hers to the extreme. She also made a stupid post about designers saying that if you don't design for larger people you aren't talented? I'm sorry what? I'm sure the designers she choices only cater to a certain clientel for the most part. She has no idea what she's talking about. The sad thing is people look up to her.
god is there ANY issue she won't weigh in on?! she is a parody of herself

• Heart
Reactions: 9

She seems to butt her way into everything, and is misinformed on 99% of the subjects she pretends to care about. I can't stand it how she bashes anyone who is more successful than she is and she seems to act like women are so helpless and that we are in the dark ages. She's such a cringe fest. I'm glad she's not on twitter anymore, it's more enjoyable without her dumbass on it.

Reactions: 8
It’s the way she self appoints herself as an expert on pretty much everything. And you sense she really feels quite powerful with it. Scary!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s the way she self appoints herself as an expert on pretty much everything. And you sense she really feels quite powerful with it. Scary!

And for somebody who doesn't want to discuss weight, then why is her so called foundation called Iweigh? She's so out of it, everything with her is for likes and retweets.

I doubt you'd find this outfit and Big and Tall! LOL! So that designer must not be talented. It looked the 80's threw up on her.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm waiting for her to come and talk about testicular cancer and how she only has one testicle now after a secret cancer battle... 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
And for somebody who doesn't want to discuss weight, then why is her so called foundation called Iweigh? She's so out of it, everything with her is for likes and retweets.

I doubt you'd find this outfit and Big and Tall! LOL! So that designer must not be talented. It looked the 80's threw up on her.
Balmain is a good fashion house, it just looks terrible on Jameela. It's supposed to have a much more dramatic cinched in waist and boxy hips and shoulders. I'm not sure what went wrong but it almost looks like she is wearing a knockoff.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Balmain is a good fashion house, it just looks terrible on Jameela. It's supposed to have a much more dramatic cinched in waist and boxy hips and shoulders. I'm not sure what went wrong but it almost looks like she is wearing a knockoff.

She more than likely got it on sale...haha. Considering Jameela is the biggest knock off around. LOL!

I'm waiting for her to come and talk about testicular cancer and how she only has one testicle now after a secret cancer battle... 🙄
Another quote from Miss BS herself. My God can she be anymore annoying!!!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
she almost has to she must be running out of causes to weigh jn on now 😂

She more than likely got it on sale...haha. Considering Jameela is the biggest knock off around. LOL!

Another quote from Miss BS herself. My God can she be anymore annoying!!!
her constant reference to whatever health issue remindsme so much of jack munroe. you could change the name and I wouldn't know the difference

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This might be a daft question but Jameela Jamil talks a lot about being harrassed by tabloids "when she was fat", when was this supposed to be? I've known of this woman since T4 and have no recollection of her ever being anything but thin? It pains me when she talks to fat women as if their experiences are in any way similar, there's a shared discussion most women can have about body image pressures, dieting etc but if I was 300lbs and Jameela Jamil (who's claim to fame is playing a character where half the punchlines are about how insanely attractive she is) was talking to me about how she's been victimised by the tabloids for being fat I'd walk off.
This was “when she was fat”... she was on steroids for asthma or similar, and gained five stone.

I have to say in her defence, she would have felt fat at the time, and she likely would have had an obese BMI. I am almost the same height, similar body shape (although I’m not quite as thin anymore) and we both carry our weight well - I went through something very similar, gaining weight from steroids very quickly, and I felt huge. She shouldn’t be talking about it though as if she were grotesquesly overweight, though. She wouldn’t have registered as “fat” to most people.

Sorry they’re screenshots but all the top google image results are from a gross feeder fetish website, so didn’t want to link!!

CEE0B241-EBA3-4122-AAD7-AADB05C3B18B.jpeg
0FE574C7-54FA-449E-8ACD-B276D68E8CAC.jpeg

This was “when she was fat”... she was on steroids for asthma or similar, and gained five stone.

I have to say in her defence, she would have felt fat at the time, and she likely would have had an obese BMI. I am almost the same height, similar body shape (although I’m not quite as thin anymore) and we both carry our weight well - I went through something very similar, gaining weight from steroids very quickly, and I felt huge. She shouldn’t be talking about it though as if she were grotesquesly overweight, though. She wouldn’t have registered as “fat” to most people.

Sorry they’re screenshots but all the top google image results are from a gross feeder fetish website, so didn’t want to link!!

View attachment 302316View attachment 302317
Wish I was this “fat”!

No doubt she did feel big compared to her usual self but she still looks amazing IMO.

Reactions: 6
Wish I was this “fat”!

No doubt she did feel big compared to her usual self but she still looks amazing IMO.
It’s just the pure luck of being tall and having a proportionate hourglass body shape. I’m the same.

The major downside is the mental affects of weight and dress size and how they’re spoken about in society. This fucked me up a lot when I was younger - the idea that “thin” is only if you weigh under double figures or wear single figure clothes sizes, but it’s actually totally healthy for a tall, curvy woman to weigh in the 10-13 stone range, depending on height, and we look thin at those weights (for me, at 11 stone, I have a healthy bmi, a totally flat stomach, protruding clavicle, slim arms & legs etc... for the average woman who is a lot shorter and probably more of an apple or pear shape, that’s just not the case).

I’m sure Jameela has been called out for claiming to be a UK size 12 before, but despite her history of lying, I actually do believe her. I had to get underweight to fit myself in a size 10 from Zara (13 years ago so not as vanity sized as they are now). If she’s wearing designer clothes then it’s totally possible she is wearing a 12.

I’m not saying any of this for any other reason than to offer a glimpse into JJ’s potential mindset around weight - I can absolutely see myself in her and it took me a very long time to work this all out. When you are 5’10+ but not model-esque skinny in a world where the average woman is 5’3 and has a lot smaller bust and hips, it can be really easy to feel huge when nobody would ever think of you as fat.

Again though, in saying all that it really highlights how she shouldn’t be a figurehead of the body positivity movement and has no business running I Weigh. If she still thinks of herself as fat in those pictures, she clearly hasn’t sorted out her body issues at all.

Reactions: 13
From what I've noticed alot of what she chooses to wear doen't flatter her at all. And for someone who has all of these self loathing features about her. Again major bs. She sure as hell loves the selfies and camera.

View attachment 302316View attachment 302317
Lol she looks a bit like I currently do but I have more muscle mass cause I powerlift. Thanks Jameela for saying we're fat :)

Reactions: 2
Sometimes her level of hypocrisy just astounds me. I can’t remember the magazine but I remember she did a shoot where it was found out the none of the designers went over about a size 10. When people criticised her for this she was basically like ‘it’s not my fault this was the clothes they chose and they only go up to this size, it was all their choice!’ If she was really a body positive activist she should have demanded well before the shoot started that the clothes had to be inclusive because it’s part of her brand, her overall message and her advocacy projects.

just the most obvious example of how she uses these causes when she wants social kudos and then ditches it she wants to wear a pretty dress on the front cover of a magazine.

also one of the main symptoms of EDS is extreme fatigue... but she has insomnia....

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sometimes her level of hypocrisy just astounds me. I can’t remember the magazine but I remember she did a shoot where it was found out the none of the designers went over about a size 10. When people criticised her for this she was basically like ‘it’s not my fault this was the clothes they chose and they only go up to this size, it was all their choice!’ If she was really a body positive activist she should have demanded well before the shoot started that the clothes had to be inclusive because it’s part of her brand, her overall message and her advocacy projects.
I think the occasion you're referring to might be one I've previously mentioned on these threads (although it's possible she's done this more than once!) - it was last year when she *guest edited* an issue of Stylist magazine and chose to be photographed in clothes that didn't run higher than a 10 *while promoting I Weigh*. That was when I realised she was a massive fraud.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.