Jacob The Carpetbagger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy claimed lots of comments upset him about his not filming Trump in the stupid Disney Hall Of Presidents... What a load of crap. I scanned the 300+ comments and found only one mentioning him not filming trump! Then today he filmed himself in front of the stupid wax Trump. Sounds like he wants to gin up some controversy that isn't there. If he wants to be so nonpolitical then he should avoid filming any politicians, robot, wax or whatever.
He also started begging for subs.

09.11.2023_18.10.02_REC.png

09.11.2023_18.10.43_REC.png

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Just looked at a new Boogie documentary-type thing. Wow, what a pathetic life, $200K on hookers, $600K lost on crypto, debt and foreclosure looming... ugh, what a warning tale for other vloggers. I know Jacob has expressed being friends with Boogie, so it says something about his choice of "friends."
After watching the documentary, my YouTube recommendations have filled with reaction videos, commentary, and other opinions about the guy. I'll admit that I don't know much about the guy, but it's fascinating to see the way people feel about him. There's now a Tattle thread to discuss him.

Reactions: 1
Today we get 45 minutes of crying about people being negative to him on YouTube. Look, fatass, this is what you signed up for when you quit your job and abandoned your family to do this vlogging thing full-time. Spare me the sob story.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Today we get 45 minutes of crying about people being negative to him on YouTube. Look, fatass, this is what you signed up for when you quit your job and abandoned your family to do this vlogging thing full-time. Spare me the sob story.
I don't want to sound like I'm excusing the trolls, but you really have to expect that kind of thing when you make your life public. There's a lot of negativity in the world, and while some of it is merited, it is important to be able to find ways to ignore that which is not. That's true not only of YouTubers but for everyone.

After reading a bit on Jacob's friend Boogie2988 and Chris Chan among others, I've become more certain that openness on the internet is no substitute for therapy for those who need it. In fact, interacting with strangers on the internet probably does more harm than good in those situations. Since Jacob self-identifies as "neurodivergent", I hope that he is developing good strategies for his mental health -- and consulting with a professional if needed to do so.

Jenn is so bleeping annoying. Now she's gonna ruin his channel too
While I was previously a loyal Carpetbagger viewer, Jenn is a big reason why I hardly watch his videos anymore.

Reactions: 2
I don't want to sound like I'm excusing the trolls, but you really have to expect that kind of thing when you make your life public. There's a lot of negativity in the world, and while some of it is merited, it is important to be able to find ways to ignore that which is not. That's true not only of YouTubers but for everyone.

After reading a bit on Jacob's friend Boogie2988 and Chris Chan among others, I've become more certain that openness on the internet is no substitute for therapy for those who need it. In fact, interacting with strangers on the internet probably does more harm than good in those situations. Since Jacob self-identifies as "neurodivergent", I hope that he is developing good strategies for his mental health -- and consulting with a professional if needed to do so.
I understand where you're coming from, and there are people who unquestionably cross lines of decency on those platforms. But a 45-minute video about it paints himself to be the victim, and I just don't have patience for that. As you said, it's part of the territory when you choose to make your life public.

I previously kind of liked Jacob until I came to find out that he pretty much abandoned his family to live the vlogger lifestyle. That's when I lost respect for him and stopped cutting him slack on his periodic "so much negativity, woe is me" videos.

Reactions: 6
I understand where you're coming from, and there are people who unquestionably cross lines of decency on those platforms. But a 45-minute video about it paints himself to be the victim, and I just don't have patience for that. As you said, it's part of the territory when you choose to make your life public.

I previously kind of liked Jacob until I came to find out that he pretty much abandoned his family to live the vlogger lifestyle. That's when I lost respect for him and stopped cutting him slack on his periodic "so much negativity, woe is me" videos.
I think there are a lot of people who have been very successful on YouTube, but not properly prepared for it. And then they go and quit their stable day jobs for it and start to crumble under the pressure of sustaining something that, realistically, will never be sustainable long-term. At best, they'll be able to hold on to their loyal viewers without having to find ways to improve their content, but new YouTubers will continually come along and overtake them.

Jacob is out of ideas. Woo is too and burned out and talks about buying a house, but how he's going to afford it and its upkeep if he's already well past doing his job. Tim Tracker is buried under the pressure of keeping his high-spend life and wife going when he clearly doesn't enjoy his channel anymore. With YT, if you don't enjoy doing your work, viewers aren't going to enjoy watching it.

Reactions: 4
I think there are a lot of people who have been very successful on YouTube, but not properly prepared for it. And then they go and quit their stable day jobs for it and start to crumble under the pressure of sustaining something that, realistically, will never be sustainable long-term. At best, they'll be able to hold on to their loyal viewers without having to find ways to improve their content, but new YouTubers will continually come along and overtake them.

Jacob is out of ideas. Woo is too and burned out and talks about buying a house, but how he's going to afford it and its upkeep if he's already well past doing his job. Tim Tracker is buried under the pressure of keeping his high-spend life and wife going when he clearly doesn't enjoy his channel anymore. With YT, if you don't enjoy doing your work, viewers aren't going to enjoy watching it.
I think it's become pretty clear that a lot of the vloggers in the vein of Jacob, ATW, TTT, etc., are not enjoying their work anymore. Watch Adam or Jacob a few years ago versus today and there is a noticeable difference in energy. And I get it - daily or near-daily vlogging is a grind, even if it's a bit of a luxury lifestyle. But this is what they chose, so I have no sympathy for that.

They're all going to have to change their presentation if they want to be sustainable, but that's hard to do when you have no drive to be better.

Jenn is so bleeping annoying. Now she's gonna ruin his channel too
At first, I didn't think she'd ruin it like some others have (like Bianca has for Dev...lol). Then, I heard her atrocious laughing in this last vlog of them headed to NY. I now see/hear/understand why many have said they don't like her. Please keep that laughing away from us, PLEASE!!!!!
Otherwise, I think they are likely meant for each other. They compliment each other well with their love of similarly-odd things.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I actually looked at his vlogs to see if he posted anything interesting lately. I see he posted a short meeting Russ McKamey. Why the F would you want to brag about meeting that POS of a person?

I noticed too he posted from the title about living with autism posted today (11/21/2023). Did anyone watch it?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
I actually looked at his vlogs to see if he posted anything interesting lately. I see he posted a short meeting Russ McKamey. Why the F would you want to brag about meeting that POS of a person?

I noticed too he posted from the title about living with autism posted today (11/21/2023). Did anyone watch it?
Given JTC's love for haunted houses, maybe he should take a crack at the Manor.

Carpetbagger has been preaching the gospel of autism to his sad band of 10-15K loyalist stans (like a hivemind cult really) and it wears really thin, this is like his fifth walk and talk about this topic. Who bleeping cares you fat little ugly man! So you're fucked up in the head, join the human race. Though you really are messed up, leaving your wife and child to pursue some adolescent fixation you conveniently mask as autism or neural divergency. Take a walk loser.

• Heart