Boogie2988

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not too familiar with Boogie. I've seen him pop up in other YouTubers' videos (specifically Adam the Woo and Jacob the Carpetbagger) but haven't watched any of his own videos. I did watch the recent documentary on him, though, and now my YouTube recommendations are filled with reaction videos, follow-ups, and "hot takes" from other creators.

Seeing all the drama in the documentary and related media, I was surprised that there wasn't a thread here about him. It seems as if there's quite a lot to talk about. While I don't have much to say myself, since his name keeps coming up in other threads, I thought it might be worthwhile to start a new one.

So, if you'd like to discuss Boogie2988, his friends, his enemies, his past, his future, the documentary, and its many reactions, here's a space to do it!

Reactions: 3
I'd never heard of him until this documentary came out and reactions to it started popping up in my YT recommendations. He has a fairly robust number of ways he can improve his situation. Being a professional victim isn't one. Sell your damn house, walk around the block every day, stop eating masses of junk food at every meal, don't do 'shrooms in the forest with a random weirdo, don't waste $10K to take part in a boxing match where you'll only earn ... $10K. AT THE VERY LEAST, SEND YOUR UNNECESSARY SOUND BAR BACK TO AMAZON.

That poor girl he's with needs rescuing, kindness and therapy. I hope with all my heart that she gets away from this misogynist trash-human before he starts beating her, like he did his ex-wife.

So Boogie showed up on Caleb Hammer's Financial Audit show this morning.

I watch Caleb fairly regularly, and for those unfamiliar with his game, he sits down with individuals, pores over their financial situations, including fully understanding their financial goals, income, expenses, investments, etc. and develops a budget for the guest in an effort to improve improve their financial situation.

I thought about Caleb as I watched the Mike Clum documentary and wondered just what he might do if presented with Boogie's situation. One of Caleb's pet peeves is people eating out while unable to pay their bills, so he predictably jumped all over Boogie for his proclivity for eating fast food.

After watching a few interviews since the doc, I've seen Boogie walk back many statements published there, and while Caleb certainly calls Boogie on his bullshit, I can't help but to continue to see him as a bullshit artist, and I can't trust anything that he says. He is particularly cagey when talking about his "roommates" -- I get that they're not public figures and aren't the subject of the discussion, but the way that he can't even articulate how much rent they pay and just that they provide "compensation" sounds really shady as hell.

Caleb is very patient listening to what Boogie tells him and puts together a reasonable budget for Boogie, and to his credit, Boogie actually asks some decent questions, showing that he is engaged and giving the appearance of taking it seriously (i.e., he didn't treat it like some weird performance art the way he intentionally tanked the job interview in the doc). Boogie shares how humiliating the experience is, and I have to agree; Caleb doesn't have some special knowledge -- he's just using simple math to develop the budget. Boogie could have certainly done the same himself and didn't need a YouTuber half his age to walk him through these basics.

Boogie comes across as very self-aware over the course of this audit, but based on what little I know about him, I just can't tell if that's genuine or if it's an act -- just saying what he thinks Caleb wants to hear.

Reactions: 1
Boogie comes across as very self-aware over the course of this audit, but based on what little I know about him, I just can't tell if that's genuine or if it's an act -- just saying what he thinks Caleb wants to hear.
I think he's probably very self-aware, but not so much self-disciplined. I wonder if his "roommates" pay enough to cover his monthly mortgage payment, thus robbing Boogie of the ability to siphon goodwill donations of what remains of his fans. Or maybe they don't pay enough and he think if he ups it, they'll just move out and he'll lose even more money.

Reactions: 1