Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arrr its ok for Nigella to get a show because Jack said its ok so....

Although I have some of Nigella's books and some call for tins and nothing extravagant...must have copied.

Reactions: 7
Similar age and my cat tore the back of my hand apart when I was 17 and you can still see faint scarring (school was convinced i was self harming) so hers I would expect to see skin discoloration.
Yeh, I agree, I self harmed a lot when I was younger (never in a suicide attempt, so not that deeply) and 15 years later I still have visible scars

Not sure if she's been dropped as such but definitely the work appears to have dried up.
I always thought watching the presenters around her seemed to be humouring tbh
did she mention what god awful recipe she made with that random series of ingredients?

Reactions: 1
Ah, but of course. Jack can't escape the Corona Virus unscathed. Of course she is immunocompromised so is in the highest risk category with the elderly, disabled and cancer patients.
So now her mental health is greatly suffering.

One of my immediate family is still going into hospital for their radiotherapy in the middle of all this because THEY HAVE TO.
They can't stay at home even though they are immunocompromised and tuck up like a hermit.
Shut the duck up Jack. You don't have it hard at all.
Screenshot_20200327-140027.jpg
Screenshot_20200327-140048.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Ah, but of course. Jack can't escape the Corona Virus unscathed. Of course she is immunocompromised so is in the highest risk category with the elderly, disabled and cancer patients.

One of my immediate family is still going into hospital for their radiotherapy in the middle of all this because THEY HAVE TO.
They can't stay at home even though they are immunocompromised and tuck up like a hermit.
View attachment 100353View attachment 100354
Nice Gypsy Rose Blanchard glasses.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 100353View attachment 100354
She's literally asking for credit and recognition for doing the bare minimum. The type of thing usually practiced by that 'mediocre e white male' stereotype. Give me a break jack, this is a time for heroes and you aren't one of them.

Reactions: 14
She can’t leave the house not have visitors because she is immunocompromised but she is annoyed that she didn’t get to present the cooking show that Jamie is doing?

How was she planning on presenting/filming the show if she can’t leave and no one can visit?

Channel 4/ BBC won’t show a programme to help the nation that is filmed on an iPhone!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Oh I'd never checked out her instagram before. This made me laugh her going on and on about what's probably just frozen bananas and blackcurrants blended. She makes it sound as if her job is as hard as neuroscience.

Banana nicecream was a big thing 5+ years ago, it's been done to death.
Screenshot_2020-03-27-15-16-37-382_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Haha
Oh I'd never checked out her instagram before. This made me laugh her going on and on about what's probably just frozen bananas and blackcurrants blended. She makes it sound as if her job as as hard as neuroscience.

View attachment 100389
Faaark, I did frozen bananas 20 years ago. Something new? She’s utterly weird.

Reactions: 11
Oh I'd never checked out her instagram before. This made me laugh her going on and on about what's probably just frozen bananas and blackcurrants blended. She makes it sound as if her job as as hard as neuroscience.

View attachment 100389
And it's not 'sugar free' either. Bananas like most fruits have naturally occurring sugars. Try telling that to her though. You'd probably get your eyes scratched out!

Reactions: 13
Her knuckle dragger followers are trying to do a jack and start drama with nigela and target people.
View attachment 100326
View attachment 100327

Because she's been so kind to Jamie🤦‍♀️
View attachment 100328
wtf?! So insane she is acting as if she never tweeted anything about it...

She can’t leave the house not have visitors because she is immunocompromised but she is annoyed that she didn’t get to present the cooking show that Jamie is doing?

How was she planning on presenting/filming the show if she can’t leave and no one can visit?

Channel 4/ BBC won’t show a programme to help the nation that is filmed on an iPhone!
she is so full of contradictions it is insane

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
And it's not 'sugar free' either. Bananas like most fruits have naturally occurring sugars. Try telling that to her though. You'd probably get your eyes scratched out!
I was just coming down here to say that. If it’s made entirely of fruit, it’s pretty much nothing but sugar! (And nothing wrong with that in small doses.)

Reactions: 7
I'm really surprised Nigella wants to be associated with her at all, I just don't get it. Unless she is friends with Jacks TV exec girlfriend, otherwise just why!

I'm really surprised Nigella wants to be associated with her at all, I just don't get it. Unless she is friends with Jacks TV exec girlfriend, otherwise just why!
They met through Jacks ex Allegra Mcevedy, I believe.

Reactions: 3
Very petty I know but her continual use of '!!!'s is seriously bleeping me off.
I like Nigella very much but why on earth does she deserve #bekind when Jamie Oliver doesn't?
I thought about drawing a Venn diagram of Jack, Sali Hughes and Jameela Jamil in terms of expertise, snippiness, histrionics, but realised it's a single circle.
Brilliant 👏 👏 👏

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.