Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never used to mind her, even got a couple of her books. That started to change when I followed her more on social media. I find her attitude and snappy manner of communicating with people - even those who are supporting her and being nice, very unpleasant. I don't know where she gets off thinking that she can speak to people that way.

And her tantrums make her look like a surly, entitled brat. Especially this latest one. How dare she get uppety and spit her dummy out, as someone else was offered a job instead of her.
She is in no way professional, and I certainly wouldn't want to collaborate on anything with her with her bitching and complaining.

Certainly wouldn't to watch her on TV either, with that negativity she radiates. Nope, opinion changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sits at a desk 20 hours a day AND manages to do 26000 steps (assuming with the help of her walking stick of course😉)
Oh give over, that's around ten miles for someone of her height (and therefore average stride length). You'd have to have a huge house and be running around it all day 🙄

Reactions: 13
I never used to mind her, even got a couple of her books. That started to change when I followed her more on social media. I find her attitude and snappy manner of communicating with people - even those who are supporting her and being nice, very unpleasant. I don't know where she gets off thinking that she can speak to people that way.

And her tantrums make her look like a surly, entitled brat. Especially this latest one. How dare she get uppety and spit her dummy out, as someone else was offered a job instead of her.
She is in no way professional, and I certainly wouldn't want to collaborate on anything with her with her bitching and complaining.

Certainly wouldn't to watch her on TV either, with that negativity she radiates. Nope, opinion changed.
Same here .... I used to be quite a supporter but the snappy behaviour and it was the RA and all the “poor me” posts that got me. There was lots of medical tests. Never heard any moe 🤷‍♀️

Sits at a desk 20 hours a day AND manages to do 26000 steps (assuming with the help of her walking stick of course😉)
Just shows what a nervous jumping bean she must be if that were true !!

Reactions: 6
I just don’t understand the slagging off of people on social media. It makes you look unhinged, bitter, and really not someone you can work with, she’s causing her own problem here. If she was kind, helpful, genuinely passionate and ignored the perceived slights then people would warm to her. And nowadays you can’t take back tweets..

Reactions: 15
#bekind didn't last long then!
This all comes off very entitled and arrogant. In 2020 there are numerous online ways to share your advice, like setting up a youtube channel or posting recipes on instagram. Jamie has a track record of making good TV, he also is known for his work in various social causes and creates appealing food. Advertisers and the TV production company know that he is a well known figure that has a big chance of people viewing, and the public has the comfort of a familiar, positive face.

Rather than recipes being about meeting pounds or pence requirements, it should be about teaching substitutions, pantry meals and making use of limited ingredients be they both fresh and store cupboard etc. Also, every decade has had some form of home/budget cook "face" or author, and you could argue traditional UK fayre based on oats, barley, potatoes etc has always been frugal.

Think Nigel Slater would have been good for this role, he's very soothing and creates good simple recipes, but he isn't, and it doesn't mean Jamie isn't appropriate just based on personal bias. Sending hate to a guy because of a missed job, when anyone can literally start filming in their own kitchen and monetise it today..... really.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
All hail jack who is defying the laws of science with her 26000 steps and the recipes with tiny portion sizes that wouldn't even sustain a sedentary person. She'd need at least 5 portions of her 28p curry for one meal with that kind of exercise level😉

She thinks that she invented a recipe by copying someone else's and changing fresh carrots to tinned carrots. Who even buys tinned carrots? They're more expensive per gram than the fresh ones that last month's in the fridge. I get you might be given them at a food bank, but you'd be better off just eating them rather than dumping in a pan with spaghetti hoops and hoping for the best.

Reactions: 19
It’s like she’s cos-playing poverty.

I didn’t grow up poor (we had our moments, but nothing like what many people live through), and whose mum didn’t try to find a million things to cook with mince, and try to stretch it further with carrots and breadcrumbs and stuff like that? It’s as old as time, making do with what you have.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think anyone who lived during WW2 and had to make meals out of very limited ingredients might like to tap Jack on the shoulder and say "actually, WE did cooking on a bootstrap before you came along." I.e. the whole population of Britain. The cooking on a budget with store cupboard goods is a good thing to promote but the way Jack goes about it like she is a martyr is laughable. She clearly has a vendetta against Jamie. She should contact him directly to air her grievance privately rather than bully him online. Petty silly nonsense which I am sad to see the Blue Tickers lap up. Their attention to her just fuels the fire. I think she is becoming more desperate and angry and it does not look professional.
I wonder what Margerite Patton thinks of Jack’s claims to have invented cooking on a budget with restricted ingredients!

Reactions: 8
I think at this point it is helping her victim complex, she is ALWAYS looked over because she is POOR and WORKING CLASS.

The point is, she caused a real stir and has too many opinions. JO obviously took away twizzlers but he never polarised the right and left. Im not sure if that makes sense but i know what i mean..

she doesn't want to do youtube because she WANTS the tv show. Nobody would care about the lighting if she was a good presenter/made good food

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It's glaringly obvious shes work shy. Claiming 15-20 hour work days, doing so much. Wants the easy way out to stand/shake in front of the camera while someone else produces. Every excuse under the sun. Nothing but a keyboard warrior.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She must be taking the piss by now. So difficult to prop your phone up and hit go live. This woman has an assistant too.

Lazy cow that always has to top people. No one works harder than jack, no one pays themselves as little as Jack, no other cooks use tins apart from jack, no one sleeps as little as Jack, no one's house is as small as Jacks (although she has an office with a sofa) and so it goes on..

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Almost like there aren't thousands of youtubers filming themselves, or with aid of a relative cooking away in their own kitchens. I've recently got into Korean asmr-y daily vloggers, most of which are women, living alone and filming themselves cooking in tiny kitchens, no oven either. She could turn this around and say a video filmed alone in the home is less of a risk and quicker to put out than getting a crew in.

Reactions: 2
Always with the excuses Work smarter not harder. If the 20 hour days are not raking in enough money to make her and happy and rich then she is doing something wrong. She needs to stop and think about what she is doing. As that person said monetising on YouTube is simple. And people know her for her raw / reality feel. They dont want shiny shiny. Put your video on a tripod and just do it Jack. I dont suppose Zoella started with a production company and a stack of fancy equipment.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.