Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a quick look through her Twitter feed giving people recipes. Seriously it all seemed to be - mix the ingredients together. Literally that was it.
Why do people still keep giving her air space?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I picked some wild garlic today and made pesto from some sunflower seeds. Far cheaper than the rank old salad bag pond water pesto jack is strangely proud of.

I therefore created wild garlic and sunflower seed pesto and anyone else that ever uses wild garlic or sunflower seeds for pesto stole it from me 🤪 and foraging for that matter 😆

Imagine if a man with a large following went after a woman, called her "that woman" and encouraged hundreds of thousands of people to target her. I'm sure it would be seen as unacceptable, but jack gets away with it.
make sure you go after anyone on twitter who mentions it! and invent pass aggressive nicknamesfor them all obv

l‘m not a huge fan but I watched last night and thought the fish pie looked good. I would make that and I’m not an amazing cook. Haven’t been near a supermarket but grabbing some frozen fish if there is any, isn’t something I had thought of.
Beats Jacks ‘use the juice from some fish fingers mixed with an old tin of cannelloni beads and bung in someold tinned anchovies to make fish pie’.
I hope that is not a serious recipe of hers?!

Reactions: 2
Just had a quick look through her Twitter feed giving people recipes. Seriously it all seemed to be - mix the ingredients together. Literally that was it.
Why do people still keep giving her air space?
If Jamie Oliver gets his recipes from Jack there is definitely more than enough reason to suspect Jack is getting her recipes from this Kay lass.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I don't get this whole I can't do my videos, production etc.isn't her partner in that business recently made redundant? Also they live together so this cash strap tit is bullshit

Reactions: 3
Every 'recipe' she gives is exactly this - mix the ingredients together, no matter how random, and hope for the best! She'll say 'make a soup' without any recipe for the soup, it's absolute nonsense, yet people are fawning over her saying how wonderful and selfless she is. Weird.

Reactions: 9
If Jamie Oliver gets his recipes from Jack there is definitely more than enough reason to suspect Jack is getting her recipes from this Kay lass.
I don't want to sound snobby but that made me feel a bit ill. If anything Jack and her ilk are actually doing no favours to the message they're trying to spread. It's possible to make good food cheaply (something we've all learned in school) and well presented. Jack's dishes looks like slop and sound just about as appealing

Reactions: 8
And to do the #JackMonroesLockdownLarder at the same time as JO's show is so childish and pathetic. She is so deeply unlikeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Every 'recipe' she gives is exactly this - mix the ingredients together, no matter how random, and hope for the best! She'll say 'make a soup' without any recipe for the soup, it's absolute nonsense, yet people are fawning over her saying how wonderful and selfless she is. Weird.
I'm so pleased I found this board. I used to think I was going mad and/or a terrible person for wondering why people were so bought in to her nonsense when it is so transparently nonsense.

Also, she's not giving people recipes, she's just naming obvious dishes.

Got lentils? Make Dahl
Got beans and rice? Make chilli
Got beans and spaghetti? Make Bolognese

Someone said they had berries and ice cream and she said have berries and ice cream.

bleeping revolutionary.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Gizzi Erskine is answering people's queries on Instagram and nobody is going on about how wonderful she is giving up her time.

Reactions: 10
I'm so pleased I found this board. I used to think I was going mad and/or a terrible person for wondering why people were so bought in to her nonsense when it is so transparently nonsense.

Also, she's not giving people recipes, she's just naming obvious dishes.

Got lentils? Make Dahl
Got beans and rice? Make chilli
Got beans and spaghetti? Make Bolognese

Someone said they had berries and ice cream and she said have berries and ice cream.

bleeping revolutionary.
Using your berries and ice cream to make ice cream with berries is something Jack invented. Stop trying to mess about with her niche.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She never posted an update of what culinary delight she knocked up from spaghetti hoops, chickpeas, coconut milk and floppy celery. Did it taste like exactly what it is 🤣

If she ever gets another thread I vote for just tip em in and hope for the best

Screenshot_2020-03-25-22-06-06-309_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-25-22-06-38-528_com.twitter.android.jpg

She reminds me of mark Corrigan when he makes Moroccan.😆

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
She never posted an update of what culinary delight she knocked up from spaghetti hoops, chickpeas, coconut milk and floppy celery. Did it taste like exactly what it is 🤣

View attachment 99762
View attachment 99761

I bet the missus loves being used as a guinea pig for all these vomit inducing concoctions she comes out with 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What about the kid as well?! No mention of him. Maybe he gets to eat normal food 😭

Also I refuse to believe that's all she has in the house now... That's just poor organisation, shopping, looking after yourself if you have the means which she clearly does if she's buying burberry and penhaligons

Reactions: 4

View attachment 99762
View attachment 99761

this is exactly qhat cameto my mind too! also why the needto use the soaghetti hoop and coconut milk? the rest could easily just be a simple.stew

Reactions: 6
this is exactly qhat cameto my mind too! also why the needto use the soaghetti hoop and coconut milk? the rest could easily just be a simple.stew
Exactly a chickpea stew with the fresh veg would hardly be revolutionary... The coconut milk and spaghetti hoops I reckon she just put them there as if to show how clever she is, noone could actually make something edible using all of those things.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.