Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another theory about this whole cooking show; Jamie Oliver has a huge kitchen in his house and knows how to present cooking shows. He won’t need much direction and isnt it love, they need some one really experienced. So they can probably film with minimum crew, I imagine they could probably even set up cameras and he does it himself?

He also appeals to a find range of people, everybody isn’t suddenly just eating from tins. There will be people who normally eat out that are cooking at home.

If she is so desperate to hel, like really help and not just make money from this situation, then she should simply use her tins and receipts and get on you tube without all the twitter ranting.
Exactly this. I follow a TV producer on Twitter who said the thing about Jamie is that he knows what’s he’s doing. He can nail it one take and can film three or four shows back to back. Jack’s a novice. There’s no way she could do that. It would have taken days, if not weeks, and required a studio etc.

as you say Jamie has probably done this at home

Reactions: 12
Exactly this. I follow a TV producer on Twitter who said the thing about Jamie is that he knows what’s he’s doing. He can nail it one take and can film three or four shows back to back. Jack’s a novice. There’s no way she could do that. It would have taken days, if not weeks, and required a studio etc.

as you say Jamie has probably done this at home
and she would have gone on and on and on about “I’m doing a thing” for bleeping days an said how nervous she was and she was up for 72 hours straight and omfg it would be bleeping painful 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I imagine they could probably even set up cameras and he does it himself?
Ha i don't think he's that talented 😆, he doesn't even make most of his recipes himself. He owns a production company which is big reason why they would choose him as he already has the team to make the content quickly. Jack would need so much help even if she had on screen talent (which she doesn't) it would take ages.

I don't like him, but would far rather watch him that Jack. But won't be watching.

It's like when Sali Hughes went on a twitter campaign with her friends to get the guardian beauty sacked and nab their job.

can film three or four shows back to back
Maybe recipes but not whole shows, which is still very quick. Nigella says an episode of her show is at least a weeks filming and even that rate the pressure is on and it's not relaxing.

I don't think jack realises how much easier live is TV with its slapdash nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I was a student from 1991-94 and had a "cookery book" that was all about using cans and cheap store cupboard ingredients to make meals. I was initially intrigued by her concept but frankly I think her recipes are awful and taste of despair. I feed my family cheaply but well because it is what working class women and peasant women have done since time began.
Not Grub on a Grant and Peckish But Poor by Cas Clarke? Loads of people had those when I was at uni, I loved the cartoons.

Reactions: 3
Not Grub on a Grant and Peckish But Poor by Cas Clarke? Loads of people had those when I was at uni, I loved the cartoons.
I think so. I was struggling to remember the name but that rings a bell. All soooooo long ago now 😭

She just can't help but overegg the pudding. Claiming she had no TV while she went to a food bank 🙄 and writing her blog while bombarding national press for attention.

I'm convinced nothing about her is real, why would you resign from a job with dependants with no savings and no job to go to? I wouldn't be surprised if she planned it all out with a friend from the far left media.

She was only ever a poverty tourist, it's not desperate poverty if you know one phone call could end it all.

Budget isn't even her brand anymore, as said earlier her vegan sausages use £5 worth of ingredients. No vegans were crying out that a non vegan had jumped on the bandwagon and as a result "distroyed their entire lives work" and "stolen their job".

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Influencers do not inhabit the same world as everyone else. Imagine in the real world if you were passed over for a promotion in favour of someone more experienced and more qualified- would you go on Twitter and encourage a bitter pile on of said person? No, you might vent your disappointment to your mates in private and then keep working hard for next time. Deluded, entitled fools

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Jack always has seemed like a bit of a dramatist to me - like she thrives off of it.
I recall her being in the papers years ago around the time of the recession or thereabouts and thought her recipe ideas for eating frugally were a great help, ya know , a single Mum living on a tight budget helping others eat as well as possible.

I’ve not ever followed her but would it be true to say she’s from a well off family and exploited poor people and their hardship to make money?

Reactions: 9
I recall her being in the papers years ago around the time of the recession or thereabouts and thought her recipe ideas for eating frugally were a great help, ya know , a single Mum living on a tight budget helping others eat as well as possible.

I’ve not ever followed her but would it be true to say she’s from a well off family and exploited poor people and their hardship to make money?
I wouldn't say (from the little I know) her family were well off. Just averagely comfortable where if your daughter was starving and freezing, you could buy her some pasta and pay a gas bill.

Reactions: 8
I think most families would pay a bill and/or buy food for a poverty stricken family members, especially with a child involved

Reactions: 9
I'm afraid to watch her style of presenting. So many great foodtubersalready. Her friend Mr Oliver even backed a few a number of years ago.

Reactions: 2
Just saw a painful video where she talks about putting the spices in a curry while cooking the onion. So you cook curry like people have been for thousands of years 😆

All these blue tickers praising her for recipes she didn't invent, she's far worse than Jamie Oliver with her shameless fame and glory hunting.

Add vegetable lentil curry to the list of things jack invented 🤪
PSX_20200323_095015.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.