Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I saw this screenshot earlier on the thread, I genuinely thought they were referring to Jack's twitter feed.

IMG_20201028_162259.png

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Do we think Jack went into that skip to have a big stroppy tantrum after she saw this tweet from Jay Rayner that didn't mention her name even ONCE. hgggnnnhhh.
See I think this is a good chance for her to flip on Coren and say he's ignored hard work people like Rashford and (much more importantly) she have done for ages. She can by-pass falling out with Jay and go straight for Coren who her Twitter lot will probably dislike anyway.

Not that anyone asked but I find Giles Coren very problematic for lots of ways but especially because I find him so sexy despite all of the ways he's a twit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Is Coren still absent from Twitter? I know he deleted his account months ago after his racism was called out.

Reactions: 13
A silent hair cut sounds...awkward.
Not normal. I am shy and introverted, but I take my boys to a barber and they're all really loud and extrovert and hilarious. My boys love it because it's fun! It's not all about you Jackie you weirdo.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Not normal. I am shy and introverted, but I take my boys to a barber and they're all really loud and extrovert and hilarious. My boys love it because it's fun! It's not all about you Jackie you weirdo.
Maybe the barber knows Jack is also careful not to engage her in any conversation

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yikes McYikes, Jack now being touted as exactly the sort of self-sufficient poor person we need by the bleeping Telegraph arguing the case that Marcus Rashford should duck off actually 😬

2020-10-28 (3)_LI.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
I watch quite a lot of twitch streams where donations through PayPal or another service are common. Everyone I watch who receives donations declares them as part of their income in their taxes. These people are self-employed so unless Jack is purporting to be a charity, she should be declaring them too.
Something tells me that she may be slightly incompetent with declaring this (just a theory based on how disorganised and useless she is, your Honour)

Can’t believe she’s talking about having the communal skip in her driveway. It’s probably bullshit but if not she’s really made sure anyone can figure out where she and SB live. There can’t be many houses in TB with a skip outside! Next she’ll be giving out her exact coordinates

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Please God, let a Jacolyte innocently tweet her about her being praised in the Torygraph.
Several already have. They say you could hear the screeching and wailing from Thorpe Bay the next town over.

*Would like to point out that this is how I found this article - I do not read the Torygraph 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Something I've noticed about Jack is her inability to recognise when she has done something wrong. We all make mistakes, all say inappropriate things, all misinterpret something. But Jack never acknowledges her mistakes.

I said a well used phrase in front of my teenage godson, who is black, and he told me he found it offensive. I had no idea of it's origins, but as soon as he told me about were it came from I was mortified. I apologised and have never, or will ever, use that phrase again.

That lady on Twitter that implied she was offended by Jack's "whiter than mayonnaise" comment should have made her cringe with shame. She should have said "sorry, I never realised that I had caused offence, I will be more careful with my language in future." But she didn't even acknowledge that the person was offended. She was definitely in the wrong, but somehow is so confident in her always being right, that it didn't even register.

We all make mistakes, it is what makes us human. What makes us better people is when we see and admit those mistakes and recognise where we can do better. She is so convinced she is infallible, I am hopeful that one day she will trip herself up so badly there will be no coming back from it.

We live in hope.
I love you @MancBee . I'm trying to catch up, but wherever this lands in the future, it will still be true.

A beautiful, nuanced response and a good example why I'm no fan of cancel culture. At some point we all have to hold up our hands hand and admit we were wrong and better ourselves. Of course, Mackie can't do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Jesus, has she done zero gardening in all the time she's been there? Over half that garden is just a mess of overgrown bushes and trees! There's got to be a good couple of wild Cotswold Sideboards in that forest at least!
Every time she posts a picture of it, I shake my head. A great space that shes just neglected. Shes so lucky to have that space, especially with everying this year!

Reactions: 21
Something tells me that she may be slightly incompetent with declaring this (just a theory based on how disorganised and useless she is, your Honour)

Can’t believe she’s talking about having the communal skip in her driveway. It’s probably bullshit but if not she’s really made sure anyone can figure out where she and SB live. There can’t be many houses in TB with a skip outside! Next she’ll be giving out her exact coordinates
She virtually has. Many people have worked out exactly where she lives, down to knowing the floor plan.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Several already have. They say you could hear the screeching and wailing from Thorpe Bay the next town over.

*Would like to point out that this is how I found this article - I do not read the Torygraph 😅
Brace yourself. "What the Torygraph fails to mention is the carnage, bloodshed and howling involved in making one of these "cheap meals". My crappy RENTED kitchen resembles the aftermath of a terrible war, where I alone must bear the agony of the slain knowing that will only make my crown of thorns dig deeper into my ouchy flesh. I do this because I must take the arrows fired at the poor and downtrodden every damn day by this government of ham. They don't mention the hours I must spend howling in a skip to summon up the strength to rustle up a simple Fishpaste and Ginger Snap Curry which I tear from my anguished soul with the brute force of a lion tearing a leg from a wounded bison. Where were the Telegraph when I was forced to mourn and howl in the hall cupboard with nothing but freshly torn chunks of astroturf to sustain me whilst SB cried "Bread and jam, Mama" and my soul shattered into a million pieces because I'd sold all the cutlery in a yard sale because I RENT. These haunted wardrobes and sentient hams know nothing of my wound, a throbbing, poisonous wound slighter larger than Wales but smaller than France. invisible to these monsters for only the pure of heart can see my scars. I do all this for others whilst my neighbours exchange tales of my raised ass and hiss at me to shut my legs. Get back to me when you've factored in THOSE costs"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Brace yourself. "What the Torygraph fails to mention is the carnage, bloodshed and howling involved in making one of these "cheap meals". My crappy RENTED kitchen resembles the aftermath of a terrible war, where I alone must bear the agony of the slain knowing that will only make my crown of thorns dig deeper into my ouchy flesh. I do this because I must take the arrows fired at the poor and downtrodden every damn day by this government of ham. They don't mention the hours I must spend howling in a skip to summon up the strength to rustle up a simple Fishpaste and Ginger Snap Curry which I tear from my anguished soul with the brute force of a lion tearing a leg from a wounded bison. Where were the Telegraph when I was forced to mourn and howl in the hall cupboard with nothing but freshly torn chunks of astroturf to sustain me whilst SB cried "Bread and jam, Mama" and my soul shattered into a million pieces because I'd sold all the cutlery in a yard sale because I RENT. These haunted wardrobes and sentient hams know nothing of my wound, a throbbing, poisonous wound slighter larger than Wales but smaller than France. invisible to these monsters for only the pure of heart can see my scars. I do all this for others whilst my neighbours exchange tales of my raised ass and hiss at me to shut my legs. Get back to me when you've factored in THOSE costs"
Brilliant.

Flog this to the Guardian.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.