Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Begborrowsteal I imagine you probably have investigated, but just a heads up that some schools have taken the decision to loan out school laptops to families who aren't otherwise able to access homework/online learning. It depends on whether the school has had good funding for laptops as to whether there are enough/they're up to much, but might be worth a try? We initially had kids trying to type out their homework on their phones which is hardly ideal, and some just not doing homework at all as didn't have a phone and/or internet at home. We are also offering paper homework packs if you ask for them and there's a legit reason why. I can't imagine we're the only school doing that? I don't know. Just thought it was worth mentioning at any rate.
Sadly our school is shocking for funding, but it is something theyre looking in to 🤞 I'm helping where I can to print things out for some friends. These little things that people like Jack dont appreciate innit!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
"Ouchy back, off my tits on pain and Kombucha blah, blah, IVAN CAMERON, IVAN CAMERON, IVAN CAMERON, IVAN CAMERON, IVAN CAMERON......"

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I mean, this is from someone who was tweeting only last week about wanting to do some kind of weird, gawking, sadspiration tour of concentration camps.

I know a couple of Holocaust historians and honestly, their work is absolutely gruelling. I don’t know how they do it on a day-to-day basis and remain good and functional people. It’s hard emotional and intellectual work that Jack categorically isn’t capable of.

The crux of her hypocrisy lies here: she’s supposedly fuming at Hollywood’s levity wrt wearing a Nazi costume, but she doesn’t exactly approach it with the necessary gravity either. It was just a vehicle for her to wank on about being an expert in the global rise of the far right and to tell her story about being scoffed at at dinner parties (definitely the 4.5 GCSEs, guysssss, definitely not her manic presence and entire personality).

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I have a few costumes lurking in the wardrobe as we do world book day at school. I hope she doesn't start on gandalf or I'm fucked

• Haha
Reactions: 57
On an aside, I've just spent a decent amount of time looking at the Twitter of the woman who called out Jack (is that weird? 😕) and she seems a wholly sensible, down to earth, kind hearted individual. I really hope Jack's followers don't pile on. She's basically the antithesis to Jack. There are a couple of others on Jack's who've basically asked her why she's doing it, too! Could this be the start?

ETA: I've written 'Jack' altogether too many times for one little paragraph. Probably due to my SEVERE tiredness today

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Grunking so dunno where will fall but:-

it’s never ok to dress as a nazi, same as we said about belittling the Holocaust as a nice day out.

but it was irrelevant and she’s brought it up as a stick to beat someone with cos she’s in the mood for a pile on.

probs deleted it by now hasn’t she

• Heart
Reactions: 58
@Begborrowsteal I imagine you probably have investigated, but just a heads up that some schools have taken the decision to loan out school laptops to families who aren't otherwise able to access homework/online learning. It depends on whether the school has had good funding for laptops as to whether there are enough/they're up to much, but might be worth a try? We initially had kids trying to type out their homework on their phones which is hardly ideal, and some just not doing homework at all as didn't have a phone and/or internet at home. We are also offering paper homework packs if you ask for them and there's a legit reason why. I can't imagine we're the only school doing that? I don't know. Just thought it was worth mentioning at any rate.
Sorry to go off topic, but this is happening at my old school... the only limit seems to be how many laptops the school has.
The paper packs worked well in the first lockdown for those without good data or broadband access but I would definitely see if there are spare laptops going. In our case, quite rightly, the staff ones were all taken to give to students to make as many available as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
that was my thoughts. He told of the post was just a bit off. The posting at 3am , the mention of Universal Credit - Who on uc would even consider the recipe cards? I think either Javkis being trolled, or she is setting a trap for is - so she can :prove,' we are lying about her.
I agree. Patreon can charge you twice in a short period of time depending on when you sign up as they take the first payment on the day and subsequent payments on the first of each month. So say someone signed up to Thrifty Shades of Beige on 31 October, the payment would be taken on that day AND again on the following day as it would be the first of the next month

But no, multiple payments would not be taken within the same calendar month. Very suspicious and wouldn’t be surprised if it was Jack herself or someone else trying to mess about

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
I just checked, apparently Patreon charges people on the 1st of the month.

Jack currently has 363 patrons. I wonder how that number will look this time next week...
Boring time but work knowledge: usually for subscription services you see 5-10% churn per month (can be 15%+ for services w a younger / lower income demog) esp where payments bounce, cards get lost or expired. Those tend to have varying payment dates, as this is set the first she’ll probably have a lower rate of payment fails but +1 month more people will actively unsub after checking their bank statements and remembering they’re paying for nothing.

Tl;dr this needs to be a full time hustle for her to keep numbers up so this won’t go away any time soon fraus 😂 It’s easier to retain subs than acquire new ones, particularly as she’s limited to her audience of willing pay pigs 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I don't think hiding behind lack of sleep and saying we're all allowed a spot of Twitter irritability really cuts it when her Twitter account is, ostensibly, the face of her brand and last remaining platform.

I've said it before, but I can't think of many other people with profiles who use their accounts in such a way.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
No one was interested in your desperate rehashing of an issue done and dusted and apologised for a long long time ago. What was your aim exactly? Do something bleeping useful for a change like fulfilling your Patreon obligations you pathetic grifting fraud of a person. You've already proven yourself redundant in actually doing something to help people in poverty (unless it benefits you) and that baton has been quite rightly removed from you, now at least provide to your PAYING READERS what you have promised.

Absolute prize bleep this one. Am in no mood for her bullshit today.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Remember...[space filling text]

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Honest to God, if I’d said what she had about David Cameron’s son, I’d hide under a rock for the rest of my life. I certainly wouldn’t be criticising PH for wearing fancy dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
That's nice, thoughtful, and a lot more than poverty activist Jack would ever do.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 11.27.51.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
Yawn. What if everyone who got up 5am did this?

heaven forbid.
I’m usually cleaning my teeth at 5am, if I started twatting about i would never get to work.

after her last twit and grab, of the winter fuel payment, I contacted her publishers, but they weren’t interested. Does she have an agent?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.