Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 290827

These people are bleeping insane.

In 2003, I went to a Singalong Sound of Music event for a friend's birthday (we were not the coolest teens around). A lot of people dressed up, a few in Nazi outfits. But it was 2003! Times have changed FFS.

I hate these online witch hunts that have suddenly become a normal part of our culture. You know, I Iive in a country where real live actual Nazis regularly have protests doing fascist salutes, burning effigies of democratically elected politicians, and waving flags which the news coyly describes as "preconstitutional" (IT HAS A bleeping GREAT BLACK FASCIST EAGLE ON IT). Friends of mine have been verbally abused, and in some cases threatened, for speaking their own language in public. Jack Monroe and her ludicrous followers need to get off Twitter and into the real world.
Yesterday it was reported that four migrants,including two children drowned in the channel whilst trying to reach the UK. All over Twitter you'll find some of the vilest excuses for humans imaginable treating the death of four human beings as a cause for celebration. Thank God Jack has taken the time to call out a tasteless fancy dress costume from 2003.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I'm looking for this tweet and can't find it, don't know if it's been deleted or what but while I was looking for it I noticed that there's nothing coming up on the twitter search engine for 'thrifty shades of beige' - not a thing. Has Jack deleted her own tweets about it?
ETA Found this but can't see anything else ....

View attachment 290829
I can’t find any mention of it, surely she would have promoted the issue of at least the first set of high quality cards... what a bloody con

Reactions: 29
20201028_111602.jpg

I too was looking for the words "sorry" or "I apologise", Jack.

We've seen you gloating about this incident in later interviews because you think it makes you look like a badass.

It really, really doesn't.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
View attachment 290841
Ivan Cameron.

Ivan Cameron.
the original tweet stated she was insulted by Jack's "white as mayonnaise" quote. She ignored that and didn't apologise either. She is just so insensitive and downright rude to a POC that was insulted by her comments. Where's the apology Jack?
I've looked but can't see it anywhere. She is digging herself a big, big hole with that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
1566B781-59B1-4A62-B253-E18435D16664.jpeg

Yes, quite right too. So don’t take the piss out of it then. Also maybe give the barbers a s/o as you’re a blue ticker.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Do you know, I actually think it’s worse That she doesn’t directly tag when she has mean things to say about other celebs. She’s basically bitching behind their back without giving them chance to defend themselves.
she’s spineless.
Haha, I totally agree that's what she's doing and she's a dick for it.

But I personally totally support the pastime of bitching behind minor celebrities backs without them defending themselves...

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Accepting money from someone on UC, whilst at the same time "raging" about UC not being enough to live on. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. She should (but won't) be ashamed of herself.
Saw this during the night. Apologies for odd screen print I was on a PC.
And so it begins 🙄 didn’t see that coming

mackie we know you cannot stay away from here, GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND TWITTER AND FULFIL THESE OBLIGATIONS. you created a contract to supply, in receipt of money you have the money now supply the goods 😡

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
View attachment 290836View attachment 290837View attachment 290838View attachment 290839
It’s going to be a long day.

Insulting SB’s hair, when she was apparently going to be trusted to don PPE and do her brother’s, she even did her bloody own! Could she not have given him a trim?! She’s so mean and embarrassing.
I thought giving the odd home haircut is basically a rite of passage for a boy mum? Or any mum for that matter. Couldn’t she spare one of her three clippers/beard trimmers to use on him? It’s just laziness on her part. Very cruel to compare him to someone she hates when he got in that state due to her own incompetence

Also “a proper smart job I don’t have the skills for” wtf? He was hardly asking for layers and a half head of highlights. A little trim to make him comfortable (and to stop you taking the piss out of him) would’ve been fine and he could have got it styled better when possible

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This is hilarious! I know Ruby can be quite gobby but I actually really like her and think she is less like JM then some think. She has also definitely toned down the Twitter witch fits!

Her food and recipes are really good and her book Eat Up is actually brilliant. It's the kind of prose JM wishes she could write.

She also does a lot of quiet grassroots work and writes some really interesting food journo pieces on marginalised communities. Unlike our Mackie who thinks a pile on is activism.
Totally agree with all of this and glad someone else said it. I've always been a bit bemused by the comparison tbh.

Jack wishes she was Ruby Tandoh.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Why doesn’t she name the barbers? If they’re so great, give them a boost. They will have had literally zero work during lockdown, and will still be in recovery mode now. She’s such a selfish hag.

Also, nice Lenovo laptop for her son. Families who are in actual poverty don’t have multiple laptops, multiple phones and TVs, or jazzy broadband. Is that box/router thing standard for BT or a high end package? We have Sky Q (FANCY) and the box is slightly funkier than the cheaper package box. I’m sure she’ll say his dad bought it for him, or something/puddle, in the next five minutes. I obviously, just to be clear, don’t begrudge that kid anything at all. In fact, a laptop and a Jordan jumper are the least I would expect for the child of a woman who is absolutely raking it in. Just doesn’t quite fit in with the poverty cosplay does it? You’ve got barely tuppence to rub together, can’t buy butter, but have broadband and fancy tech and all the rest. That’s not poverty, it’s either a bare faced lie, or mismanagement of your not inconsiderable income.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Wonder if that means PH is being considered to front up a new C4 show, by any chance?

If so, L needs to stop sharing work secrets with her girlfriend/ex girlfriend, just as she shouldn't have told her about Marcus Rashford's MBE in advance of the embargo being lifted. I'd definitely be very reluctant to work with somewhere that one of their executive's girlfriends would start a hate campaign directed at me because she felt entitled to the gig as she'd been bleeping them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
God it's not even half ten yet and she's already managed to make a tit of contradict herself about 800 times.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.