Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
My mum told me recently that her washing machine seal broke when we were kids and she got a bicycle puncture repair kit and repaired it with that because she literally had no money to buy a new one.
We used a pair of shoe laces when the belt on the dryer went

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Scarletfever

VIP Member
She's only managed 6 new patrons so far.

ETA: just read the above comment. It was at 356 last time I looked but that was a couple of days ago. Glad it's only three tonight!
I have been checking in ... just from time to time of course. Last count (earlier today) she was 359.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
It is something I have noticed about R Jackie, she latches onto a word and it sticks in her mind, then she uses it at the most inappropriate time. Eg she was working with Helman's on a mayonnaise project, so when he was doing a BLM video, that was the only word she could think of at the time to describe her skin. She has obviously been reading here, and sentient is now lodged in her brain, she used it in a tweet and somehow it didn't fit. There are loads of examples I have noticed over the past months. She reads here, gets a word stuck in her head, next minute she is using it on Twitter even though it often doesn't make sense in that context.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. It is hard to describe, but I know what I mean!
It's this..
Still too short.
It's fucking this..

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Can I also add this.

I work in a school (triangulate me!) in what is considered an affluent area, dig a bit deeper and its not, loads of zero hour minimum wage contracts etc. As a school we have been giving out gift cards/vouchers for places like tesco, Iceland etc.

If you get one from your local school, or are asked if you would like one, please use it, or say yes. It has been budgeted for.

Look on it another way, its in our interests for pupils to achieve well, and they do much better if they aren't hungry. So you are helping us by having them.

And I love Marcus! Unlike Jack, he has lived the life and totally gets it.

Now fuck off, my daughter and her partner are finally getting married today at the third attempt so I won't have time to do much in here for a few hours
Hope you all have/had a lovely day

JJusa69

VIP Member
Whilst I appreciate that people give money they can barely afford to Jack out of the goodness of their hearts, I still can’t get my head around how mind-numbingly stupid these people are. Maybe it’s how my brain works but my god! People are sitting there, reading her latest bullshittery and think it know, I’ll give my last £5 to someone on the internet who I’ve never met and don’t know. It’s utter, utter madness. I do have a shit ton of empathy for most situations but I just can’t when I read another screenshot of someone being ridiculous. Am I being harsh here? Aside from anything else, Jack has the hide of a rhino and should be throughly ashamed of herself.

PS. I really hate Matt Haig too, the self-indulgent twat. Yes, I had a mental breakdown too but I don’t wear it like a badge of honour. Like peas in a pod those two.
I think less stupid and more the need to be "seen" by someone famous.

• Sad

Cuileann

Chatty Member
“Desperately, achingly middle class” - is that you, Jack?

I don’t really understand the question. Are they afraid of wasting good money on food that is too FANCY for poor people to eat? Do they not realise that food bank users are hardly going to be fussy? If that’s their opinion of the impoverished then just get some bags of pasta and sauce jars and be done with it :rolleyes:
I wondered if it was them wanting to buy things that food banks are in shorter supply of, as a lot of people will put a tin of beans in or a packet of rice, but personal hygiene products, nappies, etc are often missed...could be wrong though. If they're asking for stuff that isn't fancy then shame on them.

Hollaaa

VIP Member
If they haven’t been amassed over a few years her postman needs a pride of Britain award lugging all that to her letterbox.
Mid-grunk, but I wonder if this photo will be regurgitated as the draft of whatever book she's actually meant to be writing.

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
In fairness Gizzi was on the ‘posting an overly filtered pic of yourself’ game in her stories today. Probably found it to be a confidence booster and told Jack to do the same going by that response.

It’s really sad and very harmful for young women specifically. And I’m really quite disgusted at both of them, especially considering they both have a tendency to be overly critical about similar issues in the past. Both of them are very much one rule for them and another for everyone else.

I’m not a fan but I know others are so sorry if offense is caused, but I find Gizzi can be a bit of a dick too at times. Not Jack levels obvs.
I’m not sure ANYBODY is jack level

• Haha

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Sorry, I don't know how to squiggle, but there is some really interesting stuff on this person's timeline. As Bristolian Brenda said "You're joking, not another one?" If someone can post with squiggles, please feel free to report this one for removal. P.S. Is there an easy way to squiggle without faffing?
You can't squiggle an embedded tweet like this one. Screenshot then edit to squiggle.

I appreciate he genuinely is BUSY and probably has help managing his Twitter page...but do you think MR scrolls through and wonders “who is this Jack Monroe and why do people keep tagging me in their SHITE??”
Probably muted her months ago because she gave off vibes of a creepy superfan.

For muted accounts that you do not follow:

• Replies and mentions will not appear in your Notifications tab.
  • If you mute an account you do not follow and they start a conversation that mentions you, you will only receive notifications from those you do follow who reply in the conversation and mention you. If you’d like to view all of your mentions, you can do so by searching your username.
  • When you click or tap into a conversation, replies from muted accounts will be not visible.
  • If an account you have not muted Reweets with comments an account you have muted, the Tweet will be hidden with a This Tweet is unavailable message.

• Haha
Reactions: 18