Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
On the plus side she's lodged a decent tune in my head (subsequent Morrissey nastiness aside):

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, and it owes me a living
But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
kick your shins
I’ve got
its all about me,
it’s all about me baby
going round and round

• Haha
Reactions: 15

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Did the Frau who wrote and asked why Jack hadn't been mention alongside Marcus, given that she had tweeted that she was working with him but couldn't mention it yet, ever get a reply?
I'm really sorry I can't remember who it was.
I messaged the Henry Dimbleby food action thingy on their contact page....no response yet, I am afraid.

Reactions: 15

LeftToMyOwnDevices

To be fair I’m the same age as Jack. Thin brows were still big in the 00s when we were teens. I know a few girls our age who have ruined their brows.

Personally I a) didn’t overdo it because I was an unfashionable outcast And b) have very hairy eyebrows 😄 wouldn’t surprise me if Jack was similar and is exaggerating how much she plucked them at the time. And getting her decades wrong.

Why does she think she’s in her 40s?
I stand corrected, mine didn’t really grow back after 1994!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
I do have one concern though what about bread etc. If her kids coming back tonight surely he will need some bread. Perhaps his dad will bring him with some.

Sorry but bread and milk are the two things I literally ensure I have in, screw everything else. If I have those I am ok. I don't know why that is. I've always been like that.

It's always confuses me when people say they have run out of these things or have none in for days. I see my milk get to a certain point and I will go to any shop to get more. 🤷
You obviously don't have any acronyms on your ailment list then!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Marj24

VIP Member
Bendan O'Neill is a wanker but this article is pretty spot on. Also I didn't realise that Jack's Sainsbury's gig was right after Jamie's - maybe it was her up in his niche all along!
Have to agree, have no knowledge of B O'N but he has JM summed up!

Reactions: 13

instacharlie

VIP Member
I couldn't decide if this tweet was a subtweet aimed Jack, or aimed at the heartless right wing Tory bastards... *theatrical shrug*

View attachment 287301

On another note, Jack's up to 362 patrons on Patreon now. I think someone said earlier the number of patrons was hidden, but I can see it still.

Would love to know if any of the patrons has received the "thrifty shades of beige" recipe cards yet. Going to assume not, as Jack would RT/reshare to drive more patrons signing up.
Well that's interesting! When I quoted @Saint_clemmie earlier I couldn't see the Patreon number either. :unsure:

Reactions: 12

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
'I've shut down my tip jar for now so people with a bit of spare cash can put it somewhere useful '
Sorry...wishful thinking 😕
I know. But it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will encourage donations.

I like to see Jack doing the right thing, even if I have doubts about her motives.

Sentient mirror

The thing is she will probably be targeted by actual trolls now even though she has been caught out.
I worked really hard in my job today. I’m fortunate to be working from home but I worked. My team helped people, I was able to take 15 mins in the afternoon and saw the thing about the fancy table injury. So predictable. No £20 shop.
mm I think that long Covid Hattie person is one of her accounts also
Ooooh when I quoted that tweet about Marcus having a piss and a sandwich I automatically presumed Jack had written it. I didn't even realise it was under the long covid Hattie name. Oooooooooh

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
Did the Frau who wrote and asked why Jack hadn't been mention alongside Marcus, given that she had tweeted that she was working with him but couldn't mention it yet, ever get a reply?
I'm really sorry I can't remember who it was.