Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Maybe she means helping out at Sunday School? Technically it is work but I don’t think she would have been paid for it.

Reactions: 17

Blurp

VIP Member
I have no objection at all to bloggers having tip jars. I see it as being a bit like busking - chucking in the odd quid is just a way of saying I like what you're doing. If Jack wasn't blatantly misleading people then she'd be as entitled as anyone to tips.
Oh, I agree. It was just talk of them earlier.

Reactions: 16

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Half term, innit? He can stay with his family.

Mind you, somebody who has made their literal living out of literally cooking could, oh, I don't know - make some bread? Just needs flour, water, salt and a raising agent, plus heat. Or look in one of the freezers. She might have forgotten to check the one in the West wing - unless it's been invaded by the mouse family and they're currently defending it with little swords and the help of their trusty hedgehog steed.

Or give your Dad a bell and ask for a four pinter and a loaf from the Tesco round the corner.
Her milkman could deliver food. She admitted she gets milk etc delivered a few times a week in an earlier tweet a few weeks ago.

Cuileann

Chatty Member
This tweet epitomises 95% of her followers.
This is insane, like so good that they want to help and I can't knock that person for that even if they are a jackolyte...but if you're not sure, why wouldn't you contact the food bank itself? And most drop off points have a list of what is most needed and what is actually not that helpful, not hard to work out.

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Because it's what she should be doing/tried to make a name for herself doing, but he's actually doing it/doing it better.
I know that's the real reason, but she can't admit that to herself, so I just wondered how she was spinning it to herself. Her followers just accept it unquestioningly.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I do have one concern though what about bread etc. If her kids coming back tonight surely he will need some bread. Perhaps his dad will bring him with some.

Sorry but bread and milk are the two things I literally ensure I have in, screw everything else. If I have those I am ok. I don't know why that is. I've always been like that.

It's always confuses me when people say they have run out of these things or have none in for days. I see my milk get to a certain point and I will go to any shop to get more. 🤷
She has a milkman who at delivers at least milk and orange juice regularly, We have the receipts, I am sure they do bread and many other things.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I wondered if it was them wanting to buy things that food banks are in shorter supply of, as a lot of people will put a tin of beans in or a packet of rice, but personal hygiene products, nappies, etc are often missed...could be wrong though. If they're asking for stuff that isn't fancy then shame on them.
Someone has since suggested it was a joke, which it does read like on reflection but you never know with Twitter 😂 I hope it is otherwise it does sound very stuck up

Reactions: 15

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Just came back to say that anyone who says they are desperately, achingly middle class is desperately and achingly someone I laugh at acidly

(Jack did something acidly lately; she's back in Enid Blyton dealing with a villainous gardener)

But the bill pile! LOL! Even I spy the empty envelope, though I'm quite expecting Jack to "subtweet" an explanation for this shortly.
Yay squiggles go go go 👍

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I epilated my legs for years, but no longer, apart from my knees which were ouchy to do, so I didn't, and the odd hair, They no longer grow, ditto my eyebrows, I get the odd stray hair but basically they also gave up after decades of plucking