Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doubt very much Jack would be fizzing with anger if Krishnan had written exactly the same tweet but instead of tagging in Marcus Rashford, he'd tagged Jack and the charity she was fronting.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Who the hell said society was fair?

Does she think it's fair that someone who has incured student loan debt and worked very hard to climb a career ladder should'nt get a decent wage because she didn't. That's not fair either. She really is a numpty. Ok these people might tax dodge and that is very wrong but they are entitled to their wages and benefits. Maybe next time she should leave the freebies on the table as it's not fair to Sandra down the road as she wasn't invited to that fancy event. Absolute tool!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Slightly OT but I never received a reply from her publishers.

All with a twitter account, ‘like' Kirsty’s tweet 😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I wish someone would ask whether these books are being donated or paid for? Isn’t it massively patronising to people to assume they want or need Jack’s book? I’m pretty sure many would prefer that money to go on treats in these hampers-it comes across as ‘here you go poor person, and a book on how to cook cheap shite as you clearly don’t know’
When I was poor I still retained the ability to cook!

After looking at the shite she dishes up I wouldn't have wanted one of her cook books as my cooking is better than hers, and I am more skilled (I know I have to heat a pan). I also invented my own recipes that were and still are much nicer than hers

• Haha
Reactions: 34
07A323F2-E6C3-4247-9707-DA91887D302B.jpeg

“And I suppose I’ve seen red a bit because he didn’t mention me, the ragged trousered philanthropist, and also I have literally nothing to do all day and no one to hang out with”

Fixed it for ya hun

• Haha
Reactions: 74
View attachment 284413
“And I suppose I’ve seen red a bit because he didn’t mention me, the ragged trousered philanthropist, and also I have literally nothing to do all day and no one to hang out with”

Fixed it for ya hun
Be kind...! It's lonely at the top ( of your own pedestal)

I can just imagine M,R looking this woman up who keeps being tweeted near him and cringing so hard his teeth feel like snapping .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She's furious at all these 'nobodies' getting all up in her niche and taking over her LIFE'S WORK (it's how she makes her money, they all have actual jobs) and she's nowhere to be seen in the picture. JM has spent years tweeting and whining about herself,self, self and making uncountable references to having a child being akin to having a dog.
Except for the odd little misty eyed rhetoric (yes, I'm using her own crappy words against her. You know, the ones she said about David Cameron's late son, a child) about letting her own child go cold and hungry because she was too proud to take him to his father or grandparents where he most certainly would have been provided with plentiful food and love. Even now that her money's been made and still the donations are rolling into her tip jar, she still feeds him the lowest grade meats the supermarket has to offer. Wonderful. Hardly the go-to gal for child welfare and nutrition, is she?

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Mon the Strickland! I really like her and she’s a fellow Scot!
duck me I hope Jack is embarrassed about holding out her tip jar and pleading “woe is me” whilst munching sherbet and videoing her ginger puss.
But she won’t be. She’ll get away with it again. As children go to bed hungry tonight and parents cry themselves to sleep, she’ll just keep tweeting absolute fluff.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It makes me laugh, the asking for stories on her Twitter. Has she not noticed the one right under her nose!
Louisa wants the highbrow stories. The Jackanory story under her nose, that’s more Channel 5 territory: “Narcissists from HELL, ex-fiancé special”!

• Haha
Reactions: 47
View attachment 284413

Fixed it for ya hun
Was it ‘give them all more money’ or something spectacularly useless. ‘Policy Level’ sounds clever but it’s totally pointless unless you actually work in government and understand what that means and what needs to happen to change actual policy. I can’t imagine why he’s never mentioned it. He might as well visit the local sixth form for deep political insight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Was it ‘give them all more money’ or something spectacularly useless. ‘Policy Level’ sounds clever but it’s totally pointless unless you actually work in government and understand what that means and what needs to happen to change actual policy. I can’t imagine why he’s never mentioned it. He might as well visit the local sixth form for deep political insight.
Yes, and just because she’s spoken about policy changes in front of KGM doesn’t mean he either agrees or disagrees with her ‘ideas’. He can’t change policy. He is trying to rally people around to dip their hands in their pockets, while people that he supports (MR) fight for policy change in the meantime. It’s like saying don’t worry about refugees, they shouldn’t be being bombed. Yes, we know that they shouldn’t have ever been subjected to war or famine, but how can they be helped right this minute? Helping out AND wanting policy change are not mutually exclusive you self-absorbed ninny!

Sorry Lumpy, you’re not the ninny - obvs 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Precisely just which charity does Jack front up? A serious question, I have no clue.
Which charity did she START?
Which charity did she form that raised millions in a few days and had Parliament discussing the issue of kids going hungry?
She has ONE story, HERS. A story that is over 10 years out of date.
Get ta duck, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Surely a book voucher would be much nicer. Gives people the choice to pick up a cookbook of their choice. I've been given many cookbooks over the years. The only ones of any use to me are from two friends who know me and how I cook extremely well. Cooking is a personal thing. What you like doesn't just depend on money, but on food preferences, skill level, how you eat as a family, etc, etc. It's patronising to think that just because you have to rely on a food bank you have no skills.
You are so right. The assumption that someone who is going through financial difficulties has no idea about cooking or budgeting is unbelievably patronising. People who have minimal food budgets come from all walks of life, have all sorts of skills, and are all sorts of ages, and come from all sorts of cultures and nationalities. They also have different dietary requirements and some will have intolerances and allergies.

It is presumptuous to assume that one book could possibly fit the bill for all these people. It is even more arrogant to assume that a book by someone with no formal skills could possibly be of any use to those who are possibly more skilled than her.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I don’t know who Kirsty is but from that brief exchange I like her. Calling Jack out in a calm reasonable manner makes Jack look even more of a twit than usual and I am, as the kids say, here for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Jack's Tweets Decoded

'I have shared a platform with him before so braggedy brag brag braaaaaag'

'I guess I'm a bit spiky because me me meeee me I and therefore myself in the singular, yes you're now at the end of this sentence and I am still talking about me'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Her 20 quid shop has really backfired, people will now pluck Jack out of the air as an example on why 20 is supposedly enough. For example, like: "Jack Monroe has proven on several occasions that you can do enough with just 20 pounds, enough that she can go back for a second trip! So much food she is carrying home. It's all about budgeting". What many twitter readers don't realise is that this 20 quid shop isn't feeding a family, it is feeding a small person some rations, and that JM is living off her pre-stocked cupboards and Ocado orders. Her 20 quid shop is FAKE NEWS. Cretin.
Backfired? This was the plan, surely? It’s no coincidence that she started this Sunday ritual and the plentiful tweets, right slap bang in the middle of the crisis. She had to come up with something that could compete for attention with Rashford, and would serve to place her somewhere close to centre of attention. If the ultimate goal of self-promotion comes at the expense of goodwill shown to those in need, well, duck ‘em.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.