Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Just thinking back to when I used food banks. The food options are bleak, hence why JM did well with her books 🤢 but its sometimes the only way people will get fed.

Thinking of the bigger picture at that time locally, we had the childrens centre providing loads of support. Cooking classes, play groups, a session that was storytelling for the kids and a light lunch for everyone - and everyone went home with at least 2 full bags of donated food via ocado. It was amazing, it had cupboard essentials but also fresh stuff too like dairy and meat. One time, we had a whole salmon, we had joints of meat, bread. It was amazing. It meant we had enough to feed us for a good period of time.

Now childrens centres have had their funding ransacked and they are barely running any sessions, they cant provide the same level of support. There is a lot to be said about early intervention. Thats how these governments fuck up. Put the support in early ffs.

Anyway. Just thinking out load.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Pretending to misunderstand to further the diagnosis. Apologies if this offends.
3E2BC1CE-EB87-4A49-9591-CCE1C9CA90B2.jpeg

What the hell is she talking about, everyone does a "spring clean" now and again. Only yesterday I took out everything from my kitchen cupboards surfaces and shelves and piled it in a heap. I washed and sorted stuff, cleaned cupboards, and put it all back in order. Have I got an intersection of ADHD and autism? No, I just like a clean and ordered home. She just has to put a medical diagnostic label on everything. It is just normal behaviour.
Were you trying to eradicate all traces of the soup?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I'm still thinking about Kirsty calling her out yesterday - I think it takes a lot of courage, even for someone with a blue tick, to do that, and I think she handled it perfectly (just the right amount of politeness to not get into an argument but getting her point across clearly nonetheless, and showing exactly what she thinks of Jack without having to spell it out). Of course it's pointless for anyone *without* a blue tick to do it as they'd either get piled on or blocked (or both) which just shows up what a nasty bully Jack is. For all her talk about wanting to help 'the poor', she doesn't actually listen to anyone who she doesn't think has her own social standing (she doesn't actually listen to anyone at all, but that's another story). She punches down on a regular basis, she's the biggest elitist out.

• Heart
  • Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
It drives me crazy that squiggles keep referring to her food as "healthy" and "nutritious".

1) No it's not. She uses dubious protein, overcooks vegetables, and is always flicking the bean rubbing her wrist over cheap white bread and instant noodles Many of her recipes feature no vegetables at all.

2) Her portion sizes are notoriously small to keep costs down. Short women expend fewer calories than other people, especially when their main form of exercise is Twitter. Her recipes are grossly inadequate for most people.

3) This feeds into a really harmful and pervasive myth that anything homecooked from scratch is automatically better for you. Setting aside whether rinsing spaghetti hoops is really cooking from scratch, this is just not true.

4) Her food is fucking gross and feeds into another myth, that healthy = nasty. Imagine if someone who is trying to develop healthy habits tried that soup that poor MancBee suffered through? There are 7 billion nicer things to do with fresh cherry tomatoes than drown out their flavour with puree and slimy stuffing mix.

(This is all without touching on the general grossness of "OI POV WHY NOT TRY COOKING HEALTHIER?" Just ffs, her food is NOT healthy, NOT nutritious, and should never be recommended to anyone unless you have a real dickhead ex you wanna fuck with)

• Heart
  • Haha

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Extreme Alan Partridge DAN DAN DAN vibes from her tagging MR and liking his tweets.

He doesn't know who you are love.

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I wonder why she thinks being physically violent to her brother reflects badly on him rather than her. It does still seem more socially acceptable for women to hit men than vice versa but her attitude sounds particularly wrong from someone who is non-binary.
*oversharing NY Detective alert*
My brother was truly awful to me when I was young. It was a constant stream of all kinds of abuse over a number of years (we’re estranged now but there’s a lot about JM that reminds me of him when we were young). One day when I was about 13 he was going on and on, chipping away at me and I was (and still am 😇) a goody two shoes so I don’t know what came over me, but Ispat in his face, in front of my mum and dad. On the one hand, it shut him up and I felt like I had a little bit of power. But on the other...I felt like I’d lowered myself to his level. And I can count on one hand the amount of people I told.

Even though we’re estranged and after all that he’d done I could have acted much worse, it’s not cool. Plus I’m not like Jack. I don’t have that need for validation and attention and slighting people who have wronged me, whether they have or not

Last edited:
  • Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Had to step back from the conversation = I have nothing helpful to add whatsoever and I haven't even been asked to do so much as a talking head on This Morning and now my burnout is back

• Haha
  • Heart

Zanzibar

I wonder why she thinks being physically violent to her brother reflects badly on him rather than her. It does still seem more socially acceptable for women to hit men than vice versa but her attitude sounds particularly wrong from someone who is non-binary.

• Heart

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
Her fans are cunts, sorry but it’s all of our jobs to feed and look after everyone. She should be mortified that she’s getting tagged in this shit but she actively perpetuated it with her mAtE wE pAy tAxEs, tbh I don’t give a fuck how much we pay in taxes it’s used on shit isn’t it, but that’s out of our control. What’s in our control is what we do with our time & money, and JM isn’t a big fan of doing anything nice for anyone that isn’t her or Cotswolds Co. Also she’s on a mad one about taxes recently isn’t she, suspect our dear heart has fucked it, is feeling a lil resentful, and her true blue ~shines through~ 🤭

agree completely with @instacharlie, she won’t share links to donate cos she wants to poor fish every Sunday and she needs to make sure the pay pigs haven’t already made their charitable donation of the month.
Quite. She and her like are fighting an ideological argument, an imaginary one that proposes a society we ‘should’ have. The argument that Krish makes is based on the society we ‘do’ have, right now. The ideological arguments being made are completely correct, and should be fought but at another time, preferably closer to an election. The point he’s trying make is yea, well, the government could be doing what is suggested but have just decided not to so, for now and for as long as they’re calling these shots, how about we come together and help kids who can’t fucking wait until the next election.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Why doesn't she donate 1/3 of her website earnings to Marcus. Since the government are doing fuck all, would be a nice gesture and might get her the desired notice she is longing for.

I agree with Kirsty. You shouldnt be star IMG kids, just to make a point. The Tories will pay for it at the next election ( if she decides to vote)
I know I'm stating the obvious here but her 'work' is all to line her own pockets. It's literally her job, not just a charitable sideline she does for a good cause. Can't stand people on Twitter calling her a hero etc, like seriously people.

• Heart

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
Let’s face it, more should have been made of the disastrous Kickstarter. That told you all you need to know about Jack, how grasping she is, and how contemptuous of her (non-blue tick) followers. She essentially conned people and was rude and aggressive to them when they had the nerve to ask where their promised books had got to (after two years!). The press should have been on that like a ton of bricks.
£68 000... SIXTY EIGHT GRAND she had. Shameless..

• Angry
  • Wow

Pocahontas

VIP Member
This is very true - I think the JM thread is unique in that it has attracted a lot of really interesting and intelligent people and the conversation is extremely respectful and tolerant compared to most parts of the internet.

Last time I looked at the coronavirus thread it seemed to be loads of people talking about how much they fancy Dominic Raab and Rishi Sunak :oops:. Backed very slowly out of that one and never returned...
I remember when the Food and Drink thread was in its first throes of creation and we ended up shuttling down the Tory man love wormhole and I saw some things that night 😳

• Haha
  • Wow

holliebollie

Chatty Member
@Walkdengirl thank you... I felt a bit icky using it when I could have managed but it’s a really lovely gesture from the school. I’ve emailed the pupil premium teacher to say thank you!

Off the back of the vote, I’ve seen people in my town offering to make lunches for children and even pubs/restaurants giving out healthy lunchboxes for free. People are finally calling out our local Tory MP who voted no. Maybe some good can come out of this week 🤞

• Heart