Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Harrybosch

VIP Member
I'm sure lots of tattle is a hellscape, much like many areas of the internet. What people who moan about Tattle, the hellscape of Twitter, etc. fail to understand is that there is no obligation to read here or anywhere else. As long as stuff is legal (no hate speech, no trolling, which you cannot do on Tattle, as influencers aren't allowed here, etc.) I have no issue with anything.

I'm a leftie, and as a leftie I believe very strongly in freedom of speech (and I think in the UK and Europe we mainly have struck a good balance between freedom of speech and libel laws, defamation laws and hate speech laws). There a millions of websites I'd never frequent, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

This particular cabal is fantastic at calling people out and holding people to account - not just Jackie, but also the odd poster who ends of up this thread trying to just stir up shit. People have rightly (and politely) been called out here for racism, homophobia and probably a few other things.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

EnglishRoseIrishRover

To my fellow Frauen- I have to take a step back from these threads because she’s doing my head in.

I know I’m not the most prolific poster on here and don’t contribute a huge amount but I do read song and wanted to thank you for your wonderful company. But it would be better for me if I don’t follow any more (at least until the next batch of insomnia comes along)

• Heart
Reactions: 69

NP

VIP Member
Yep. She's not been asked back on tv to do cooking things (rest easy, Eamonn, Ruth and Matt), nor has she been asked back to do political things. She's just not going to be asked back, is she? And it's all her own doing.

The brazenness of these tweets back in March though...

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
Reading this again, it’s actually more embarrassing now than it was then. This toddler tantrum got her DKL and she fucked it up so much with her endless “tech issues”, lack of basic food knowledge and passive aggressive lemon juggling.

Also, “I know my name was in the ring”... it was made by THAT MAN’S production company so why the hell would she have ever been in the running to front it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Her 20 quid shop has really backfired, people will now pluck Jack out of the air as an example on why 20 is supposedly enough. For example, like: "Jack Monroe has proven on several occasions that you can do enough with just 20 pounds, enough that she can go back for a second trip! So much food she is carrying home. It's all about budgeting". What many twitter readers don't realise is that this 20 quid shop isn't feeding a family, it is feeding a small person some rations, and that JM is living off her pre-stocked cupboards and Ocado orders. Her 20 quid shop is FAKE NEWS. Cretin.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Have I got this right?

She's too principled to donate to a charity that feeds children, because the benefits system should be better so there shouldn't be any hungry children.

She's ranting about 'the richest' not paying their taxes.

She's using the famously ethical Amazon for affiliate links to top up her measly book royalties.

Makes sense.

Also, for anyone not clear on how book royalties, work, this article explains it clearly. https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...he-poor-to-give-to-herself.10457/post-2693182

I've said it before, I say it again, she's lying about getting 15p per book, as that is way below market rate, even for paperbacks.

I've used some Facetune myself and look at me now!

• Haha
  • Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
This has just about done it for me, I just keep coming back to it.
How many I's and me's can she get into one tweet about children in poverty. It is not about her, it is not about her experiences it is not about her full stop. It is about children going without food, she should not reference herself in any of her tweets. She never experienced child poverty, never went hungry as a child, so her experiences are irrelevant.

She is so upset because she has read her own words about herself. Her centering herself in anything she tweets is just breathtaking and tone deaf to what is happening in the real world. She has locked herself away from reality for so long now, she has no idea what is going on.

• Heart
  • Angry

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
The thing is about Tattle, I think each thread is totally unique. The Meghan Markle thread made me want to weep, although I’ll confess I haven’t looked at it in a long, long while. I probably looked at it six months ago or more, and it really bothered me. This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans, who are sick of seeing Jack trick people out of money. Jack is a bully and a fraud, so she deserves to have her behaviour dissected IMO. But then, perhaps thats how people feel about MM?
This is very true - I think the JM thread is unique in that it has attracted a lot of really interesting and intelligent people and the conversation is extremely respectful and tolerant compared to most parts of the internet.

Last time I looked at the coronavirus thread it seemed to be loads of people talking about how much they fancy Dominic Raab and Rishi Sunak :oops:. Backed very slowly out of that one and never returned...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66

Captainmouse

VIP Member
No theres some threads on here where people are just vicious for vicious sake. I often feel they would say something nasty if the person were to give away 1 million to each of their followers cough cough mrs Hinchs thread. I'm not a fan but I read there watch the stories and find it such a reach sometimes.
Whereas here it's people putting their points across in a witty intelligent manner.
Maybe its because jack i
..themselves..herself i have no idea what her preference is today, is quite dangerous. One cleans their house is heavy on the swipe ups for tat. One thinks shes solved child poverty with a fake £20 shop and a few tweets
She’s dangerous because she’s scamming people, some of whom can Ill afford To give. She breaks her promises, she misses her deadlines, then instead of apologising, and putting it right, goes on the attack, accusing people of picking on her.

The Kickstarter is a classic example. She took nigh on 70k From people for a black and white pamphlet of her recipes. Some people waited 2 years! And were ignored when they contacted her. Meanwhile she published a colour version. She then had the bare faced cheek to ask those same people for more money as she couldn’t afford the postage.

She shouldn’t even have a platform, they should have shut her down permanently. She orchestrated a pile on, on THAT MAN! And conned tv work out it. She then organised another pile on, on walliams. She shouldn’t get any airtime, she is a nasty person who is too lazy and full of a sense of entitlement to work For a living. She shouldn,t to be allowed to take money

• Angry

Harrybosch

VIP Member
So...been watching this for a month. Lurked and finally joined. I’m longtime friend ex news person and can say Kirsty working for pretty cash strapped paper. Would she/they take on Jack post KH? Not sure. That said could be career changer for a journalist. Make it easy for Kirsty you accountancy guys and provide stuff, if it exists, on JM accounts. Kirsty’s interested in her alright. And the customary from newbies...now fuck off.
If you are Jack, BBL, a Mars bar, someone's cousin or that weird bloke who wanted vegans and omnis to fight, please don't bother.
Otherwise, welcome to the coven. Your witch's hat is in the post.

• Haha
  • Heart

Droosie123

VIP Member
Hey Jack, my charity applied for, and got some funding to give 100 local struggling families vouchers towards food or whatever they need. About enough to buy a couple of winter coats for children. It's a drop in the ocean and absolutely shouldn't be needed. Meanwhile talk is cheap ...you can tweet to your heart's content but I know 100 local families will benefit from just a tiny bit of extra help in the next month,

Guess what....the funding came from DEFRA ...so the Govt DOES in fact recognise that families might well be suffering with the impact of COVID and need a bit of help towards food or other items.

So come on Jack what are YOU doing apart from tweeting your irrelevant nonsense?.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Scarletfever

VIP Member
No idea who Kirsty is but I like her. And just add that when we were financially stretched Id rather have had actual food than a cook (slop) book.
Kirsty is an EVIL vindictive woman who BULLIED Jack by asking her what she meant and then LAUGHED at her for not going to UNIVERSITY.

J/k I don't know who she is, but she makes good points.

• Haha
  • Heart

GothPrincess

And this is where Marcus fits in beautifully. He grew up poor. Proper poor. He appreciates what he’s got now. And he is taking fantastic advantage of his huge proper platform to spread the word of food poverty (and poverty in general). I have always said this, and it’s very true of JackShit, that if you’ve never been properly poor for a very long time, you simply will not understand poverty. We never experimented with cooking when I was a child as we couldn’t afford it. You just don’t. It isn’t an option.

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
I have nothing to add really but good morning Poca!

Im gutted for Marcus Rashford, the MPs who voted against that bill should be ashamed of themselves :( but i dont think he will give up, this is clearly something he cares deeply about and i really respect that.

Is he working closely with Jack? Is he fuck 😄 (hope not anyway!)

Have a lovely day everyone 😊 now fuck off x

• Heart

Montrachet

Chatty Member
So she’s gone quiet this evening?

Relax - a blue tick has got Jack "in the feels" at 3.56am, nearly 12 hours after having her arse gift-wrapped and returned to her on the Caledonian Sleeper.

She is awake at this time due to being forensically into global politics and was observing the landscape of the US Presidential debate, or something else.

This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans .....
This is very true - I think the JM thread is unique in that it has attracted a lot of really interesting and intelligent people .....
Whereas here it's people putting their points across in a witty intelligent manner.

Once you go Jack, you never go back.

1603428652113.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart