Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i wonder where she would rank on the most important gay list now...i think at least 20 places lower down than, oh i don't know, H from Steps

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
On the other hand, taking people's benefits money by fraud and supporting Tories in pretending that a family can live off £20 a week is something the left wing should be interested in.
Couldn't agree more but am very sceptical of and disillusioned with a lot of left wing commentary, these days.

Reactions: 23
5AC1289F-BA2C-42A1-B10F-CE15D3219F26.jpeg

Drooling? Are you sure? Look again. See them bits of carrot? Yeah, that’s sick, fella.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
No. I’ve told my friend what she’s said and she’s told the house owner. I’m going to try to find out what contract Jack is on seeing as she has openly lied about being on a rolling contract and then being tied into a contract. It can’t be both can it!
Does a rolling contract mean that the house owner can give her a month's notice?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
actually - hold up - this points towards a MASSIVE hole in her story doesn't it?! Isn't it funny how she's simultaneously absolutely skint but also never, ever references the ups/downs of the *current* benefits system? This was the making of her round 1 wasn't it, being an 'acceptable' claimant - middle class girl who fell upon hard times, isn't it awful, but thank god she only claimed for 5 minutes before bootstrapping herself out of it! :) :)

I know her finances are none of our business and I feel rude talking about anyone's benefits, but she's making it everyone else's problem this week isn't she. The reality is she won't even be eligible for child benefit tho isn't it...
Exactly this, if she was genuinely having to get by on £20 of groceries per week that would suggest she was eligible for some level of UC. Back at the start didn’t she go into detail about the failures of the benefits system, showing how they messed up with something and that got her into debt and how the spiral down started? Funny how she was so open about her finances back then compared to now...

I don’t believe that she’d waste the career opportunity of Jack Monroe: The Universal Credit Years if she were eligible (she is absolutely not). How could she pass up the opportunity to drag the Tories AND get all the pity?

Also in her circumstances she would be expected to look for a job if she needed UC. With her 4.5 GCSEs and 2 Honorary PhDs* she’d probably be told to apply for supermarket jobs and the like - god forbid she has to mix with plebs though! *tip jar rattle*

*the whole idea is stupid but it’s annoying me that she didn’t have to work her way up with Honorary Bachelor’s & Master’s 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
In my dealing with narcissists, you have to be feeling really mentally strong, have nothing else to do, and just generally be prepared for a relentless thrashing if you’re going to confront them. They will go so unbelievably aggressive and nasty, and try and ruin you if you so much as hint at questioning their fake version of reality. It’s not for the faint hearted, not at all. If you say something like “I don’t know why you’re Tweeting your financial situation” you’d get back a tirade of abuse that includes every crappy thing about yourself that you’d ever told them in confidence, mixed with a loaf of stuff that doesn’t even make sense to the argument, but leaves you bewildered and hurt. They’re total fuckers to deal with. Just look what she’s done to this Kathleen woman, one bit of criticism, and she’s outed her publicly as an alcoholic.

I tried to explain it to my friend before like this, imagine someone is trying to kidnap a small child right in front of you. You would go wild to stop it happening, jump in front of a car, scream, fight, grab, anything. You’d gain rage and strength you didn’t know you had in you. That’s what happens when you confront a narc. You may as well be trying to suffocate them for how hard they’ll fight, they go full on tooth and claw because disrupting their false narrative makes them feel like they’re falling into a black hole. They’re not ‘normal’, they exist purely on the energy they steal, anyone attempting to cut off that flow of energy sends them over the edge. That’s why her unwell mum and busy dad, and her son’s dad, just ignore, IMO. It’s not worth being ripped to shreds over.
Holy tit, what a great comment. And so true, she is a fucker for landing an instant low blow and to think, she herself claims to be that which she’s so happy to sling at others. But thinking creatively for a second, imagine being a fraud and imagine also that you could sense public exposure coming from one person, then try to think of the most debate-ending thing you could say which would instantly serve to question the claims and reliability of your accuser... alcoholic! Boom, nailed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It would be v v unusual to rent a property like that on a "rolling monthly basis". She took the lease with Louisa - so it's more likely it's a fixed. And the details say it's available from Feb 2021.

Jack will do a huge drama from the New Year about her living situation, how she can't afford the rent, how she is "fretting" - when she knows she'll be moving next year. It wouldn't surprise me if she's already looking or lined something up.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t care about her stupid patreon but she needs to close that bloody tip jar and delete the account. There is NO excuse for it. I wouldn’t be surprised if well-meaning idiots were throwing hundreds a month in there.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry search is having a wobbly, somebody was asking about the eye

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It would be v v unusual to rent a property like that on a "rolling monthly basis". She took the lease with Louisa - so it's more likely it's a fixed. And the details say it's available from Feb 2021.

Jack will do a huge drama from the New Year about her living situation, how she can't afford the rent, how she is "fretting" - when she knows she'll be moving next year. It wouldn't surprise me if she's already looking or lined something up.
No pets? 👽. Hmmmmm hmmmm.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
No pets you say?

But she’s done all the research about getting a dog and it’s the right decision.....

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her landlord is aware of changes Jack has made and is not happy. If it’s a rolling contract then either of them could give a months notice. Saying that, I’m not sure if landlords are allowed to give renters notice at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Jack isn't scum. Scum rises.

She is a bug-eyed monster of a bottom feeder, conning people out of benefits.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Have yous ever read Mumsnet begging threads? The internet is apparently full of very gullible people willing to throw money at any sob story, no matter how farfetched.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I don't think I could cope with the level of drama & self pity if she was given notice to leave her home - can you imagine ?!

She's intolerable as it is now !!

Reactions: 19
Ah yes, there are not meant to be pets as well. This is the only property the landlord has and was quiet naive I think. Think landlord will be glad to see the back of Jack.
But, but, it’s her FOREVER HOME!

• Haha
This "rolling monthly" stuff is grade-A bollocks. I worked in a lettings agency on Saturdays when I was a teenager. Managed lets - the landlords want long rentals, so there are no gaps or empty periods, and they leave everything to the agency to do. If Jack and Louisa said they wanted the bungalow but they had a cat, the landlord (or landlady, as Jack has said, but more likely a landlord, as Jack likes to send people down the garden path) would say "ok then, I'll accept that - it's a long rental and it's a couple, so it's ok", etc.

Jack is a pathological liar.

Reactions: 13
What goats me is that she deletes any negative, truth revealing, what she deems trolling posts so vulnerable people probably believe all her shite she should be investigates for fraud!!! She's a thief!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.