Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are kids allowed to take squash into school?! They’re definitely not in my area
That's cruel. I hate water (I know) and always have a splash of cordial. I have tried the fruit infusion bottles but I hate that too, nor do I like fruit juice or fizzy drinks. If I were a child I would probably preferred to go thirsty and dehydrate, so not something a school would want.

Reactions: 15
I don't know how you could put her through that. Cruelty in a relationship should never be condoned. 😂 😂
She just said, and I quote "I can now see how good my life really is"... As if I don't spoil her with actual real edible cooked dinners every day! The cheek!

Also, one has to find some form of entertainment during these dark lockedown days. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 21
DB2687C8-9AF8-4A95-BE14-817DD3AB3ABD.jpeg
9475F23C-0EFF-4331-B995-423813941497.jpeg
4233DC36-B26F-42EB-A653-2011977DA03C.jpeg
448CA9A9-212F-474A-8F9B-220C29BB80F3.jpeg

And SB’s horrid sandwich. And I echo no squash allowed for my child either, it was checked.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I’d recently put this to bed in my mind.

That clenched fistful of corned beef, disintegrating against the ... disintegrater. I am still shocked and appalled this was shown way before the watershed 😂

I couldn't resist delving back in. Loved seeing Matt throw Jack under the "What else can you do with oats" bus at 4.25, which also includes "Terrible" along with Matt's 'Chicken Porridge' face and some helpful Freezergate info. @Veronicaaa - please also check out 26.35 for second source Kompromat.

Plus, see Jack proudly create a wonderful recipe which is essentially a tin of peaches gathered up within a circle of shop bought pastry from 27.15.

Bottom is a Denby bowl, available from John Lewis, naturally

ETA for our ledger fraus - £14 for a single, but the colour looks more green which seems to only be available in the full set? Attached both print screens 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please see another Denby style plate ..... STILL with the labels on at 28.30 for your triangulation pleasure.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Wasn't there a point when she claimed to have written the government policy on what kids were allowed to take for packed lunch?

ETA... This is the kind of tit that needs to be on 'Bootstrap Fact Check'..
I think she said that during the recent British Library online thing. And also where she said her child's school has no kitchen so it's a packed lunch every day.

• Wow
Reactions: 20

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I couldn't resist delving back in. Loved seeing Matt throw Jack under the "What else can you do with oats" bus at 4.25, which also includes "Terrible" along with Matt's 'Chicken Porridge' face and some helpful Freezergate info. @Veronicaaa - please also check out 26.35 for second source Kompromat.

Jack's tips on using a freezer "get one and use it"
Well that was insightful.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Wtf! when you simmer red lentils in the correct amount of water they absorb the liquid...I have never heard of anyone draining and rinsing cooked lentils. Rinse them first and skim off the scum as they boil...bleeping hell she knows absolutely nothing. My 10 year old has more food knowledge than her and trust me, my 10 year old couldn’t give less of a tit about cooking - she only reluctantly does it with me in return for 30 extra minutes on her tablet

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I have the most fabulously retro set of denby dinner ware, including unusable saucers, coffee cups, and and lidded and handled soup bowls. My MIL gave it to me when I found out she was chucking it when moving house 😱

I love it but my OH hates it, says it’s too heavy! Pic for reference, not my pic.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Okay, I take back my earlier statement about the soup looking edible. Spices, such as curry powder, should be added before liquid, or they will not taste nice. How does she still not know the basics of cooking after all these years?
It’s truly mind boggling! Also even if she did the method properly it’s still just a bleeping lentil soup flavoured with curry powder, hardly anything revolutionary worth sharing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.