Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a big meat eater and never cook it so perhaps, dear Frauen, I'm in the wrong here but from that DKL she put...

tea in with the meat.

Tea?
in jack's world, all tannins are the same, like potatoes. y'know, just standard tannins 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I honestly feel like she's gaslighting me at this stage. She says one thing and does another ........................ I feel like I'm going mad!
That is the actual definition of gaslighting, making people question themselves and thinking it must be them that is either in the wrong or going mad.

It is not you, or any one of us that are being unfair. We are the ones that can see straight through her scams. This is the only place that we can control the narrative, where she can't delete anything she doesn't like. We are the all seeing eye. And she doesn't like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
OH NO!

The BBC have taken liberties with her lasagne recipe and swapped the horse spunk for...a normal white sauce?!

To make the white sauce, warm the oil or melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the flour and mustard, stirring well to form a paste. Add a splash of milk and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon or a whisk. Gradually add splashes of milk until all the liquid has been incorporated. Simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.

The fact-checking department in action!
I suppose it is the BBC, they can’t put “nip down the stable and wank off Shergar” in one of their recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
It was obvious Matt didn't eat any of it. Not once did the camera show him trying the food. He just pushed the spoon through the bowl of sludge.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just thought one or two of you might enjoy a little JM retrospective from exactly 6 months ago. Go to Matt's beautifully subtle intro (you can tell he has reached his limit at this stage} at 26.50, and behold one of the all-time great BBC cooking segments. Take particular care from 27.55 onwards. Enjoy!!

Nope. Can’t do it

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I honestly feel like she's gaslighting me at this stage. She says one thing and does another (I only buy ethically produced meat products....apart from these bollock sausages, being just one example) and NOT ONE of her fans EVER interject to say "actually you previously said blah, blah - so which is it?" I feel like I'm going mad!
I'm starting to think a lot of her (half a million) subscribers don't actually pay that much attention to what she says. Some of them are still wondering where Mrs J is FFS.
That's how I ended up here, wondering why the inconsistencies set out in front of us were not discussed by anyone. I recall swapping from article to article comparing paragraphs of contradictions, looking at them, feeling as though I was in a crazy maze!

A Bootstrap fact check Twitter page would be awesome.
Her post about bollocks and Eyelids, side by side with her 'I ALWAYS ethically source..' comments..
Ooooh yes

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just thought one or two of you might enjoy a little JM retrospective from exactly 6 months ago. Go to Matt's beautifully subtle intro (you can tell he has reached his limit at this stage} at 26.50, and behold one of the all-time great BBC cooking segments. Take particular care from 27.55 onwards. Enjoy!!

Ohhhh, thank(space)you @Montrachet ♥

I just made my girlfriend watch the Grated Corned Beef segment, and oooohhhh, if it wasn't for 🔺, I would have filmed and shared her reaction. I honestly think it may have traumatised her.

Also as a complete non-cook that she is, she is stupefied at all the ingredients being added to the cold pan, and the oil being drizzled on last.

Up next: Horse Spunk Lasagne, because I know she's going to get mad at that too.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
One of the (many) things I like about this place is that everyone is non judgmental. There's vegans that don't judge meat eaters, meat eaters that don't judge vegans, and vegetarians that judge neither. We all just accept that people make different choices in their lives.

In contrast Jack is so sanctimonious and moralistic about everything. When she talked about her veganism (she never was) it was so preachy and came over judgemental.

I know who I'd prefer to spend time with.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Off topic: cabal, could I ask your help on the subject of a lasagne dish?

I fancy making a lasagne now we are in winter but don't have any dish either wide or deep enough. I'm cooking for just me so I don't want a dish to feed the 5000. What size should I get? Struggling to visualise what those sizes are:

Thank you for your help! 🙏
Got this for when I leave Mrs TUIT dinners. Perfect for lasagne. Even has a lid. (It's about 2.5/3 inches deep.)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ohhhh, thank(space)you @Montrachet ♥

I just made my girlfriend watch the Grated Corned Beef segment, and oooohhhh, if it wasn't for 🔺, I would have filmed and shared her reaction. I honestly think it may have traumatised her.

Also as a complete non-cook that she is, she is stupefied at all the ingredients being added to the cold pan, and the oil being drizzled on last.

Up next: Horse Spunk Lasagne, because I know she's going to get mad at that too.
I don't know how you could put her through that. Cruelty in a relationship should never be condoned. 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Are kids allowed to take squash into school?! They’re definitely not in my area
Wasn't there a point when she claimed to have written the government policy on what kids were allowed to take for packed lunch?

ETA... This is the kind of tit that needs to be on 'Bootstrap Fact Check'..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.