Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack, you read here. A simple message for you.

The message you are sending by insisting that you can easily feed two people on £20 is harming the very people you are claiming to be campaigning for. Please stop this crusade you have of trying to find the bare minimum that a person can exist on. It is harmful to the very people you wish to help. You are playing into the hands of the very government you profess to hate. Please change your tactic, it isn't working for the benefit of people living in poverty, and it is no longer working for you.

Thankyou.
She should try the Ration challenge, set by Concern Worldwide: https://www.concern.org.uk/events-and-challenges/take-part/ration-challenge

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
@Bugger13
‘The mouse lunged at cooper’s nose as he spoke, before quickly regaining his composure.’
This made me lol 😂

Oh @Pocahontas! You are the mother of us all!! BUT... one small point. At No.7; She has half a million subscribers. Presuming that most of these have the normal complement of eyes that would be almost one million eyes watching her.

(Of course you and I know, dear heart, that most of these subscribers are mythical beasts, so I suppose the majority could be monocular :unsure:.)
Maths was never my strong suit 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I am in bed reading up on granola recipes because I've been using the same recipe for years now. I ended up reading Jack's peanut butter granola recipe on the Guardian and way back in 2014 some wise individual commented "I'm surprised the writer didn't advocate putting it in a blender so that it can consumed as a drink and not trouble you with chewing the food" and I started laughing and woke up my husband. It was hard to explain why I found it so funny but I knew the fraus would get it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
The Ration challenge wouldn’t work for Jacko. She would cheat.
Well aye of course she would, but it’s a right good big publicity opportunity potentially if she decided to do it all for likes/exposure/whatever, and I’m surprised she’s no mentioned it. Cos it looks well hard if I’m honest.

Reactions: 26
Well aye of course she would, but it’s a right good big publicity opportunity potentially if she decided to do it all for likes/exposure/whatever, and I’m surprised she’s no mentioned it. Cos it looks well hard if I’m honest.
True. But seriously, the most desperate of people would have a hard time eating (drinking) the slop she produces. Is she capable of making tasty meals, retaining nutrients that include variety and interest ? Doubt it. She’s not skilled enough.
ETA fuel conservation has to be factored in as well. No hope for that.

Reactions: 21
witness protection program, innit.
speaking of ...
I love this quote "Rodrigues offered no immediate explanation for the contents of his underwear".

If Jack had cooked for him there would have been an explanation alright.

She should try the Ration challenge, set by Concern Worldwide: https://www.concern.org.uk/events-and-challenges/take-part/ration-challenge
That is actually horrific :( No way is a person going to get all their daily calories from this. Tinned fruit and veg should at least be offered too and oats if possible. I get it has to be shelf stable foods but what is on that list is never enough.

Freezergate has replaced livergate has replaced shopping gate has replaced whatever the last gate was. I'm getting Groundhog day vibes. You have to hand it to Jack, she is very adept at creating controversies.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Untitled 6.png

Just as I think Squiggle might be onto her, they end it with 'Inspiring!'

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I am in bed reading up on granola recipes because I've been using the same recipe for years now. I ended up reading Jack's peanut butter granola recipe on the Guardian and way back in 2014 some wise individual commented "I'm surprised the writer didn't advocate putting it in a blender so that it can consumed as a drink and not trouble you with chewing the food" and I started laughing and woke up my husband. It was hard to explain why I found it so funny but I knew the fraus would get it!
Have to say, as an ex fan, I made that. Was actually quite nice and I’ve made it more than once. However, there’s about 4 ingredients 😄 can’t really go wrong if you love PB

Reactions: 13
When I defrost my freezer, I turn it off, empty it and put containers of hot just boiled water inside to speed up the defrosting. I put a towel or newspaper on the floor in front to catch any drips. Change the hot water a few times and let it defrost.
I use my steam cleaner, very satisfying blasting the ice

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 277059

Just as I think Squiggle might be onto her, they end it with 'Inspiring!'

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink :ROFLMAO:
The initial ‘well done’ and afterthought ‘inspiring’ was almost like saying ‘jinx’ to deflect The Wrath Of Jack.

Poor squiggle obviously feared a backlash as they dared to ask the Jackolytes’ Dear Leader a sensible question.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jack, you read here. A simple message for you.

The message you are sending by insisting that you can easily feed two people on £20 is harming the very people you are claiming to be campaigning for. Please stop this crusade you have of trying to find the bare minimum that a person can exist on. It is harmful to the very people you wish to help. You are playing into the hands of the very government you profess to hate. Please change your tactic, it isn't working for the benefit of people living in poverty, and it is no longer working for you.

Thankyou.
@MancBee I'm quoting your post because it's really important and to the point, and Jack could do with reading it again.

Jack, I know you don't actually care about these people. But at least consider doing one decent thing for once, and dropping this tit. Go back to talking about sandwich shapes or hygge or doggos or something, your followers seem to lap it up so it won't do your engagement any damage.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
He gets asda smart price maize snacks, cheap white bread (her description), filled with smart price mayo, smart price cream cheese, and grated carrots or something. It looks rancid, dry and bland as hell, and prob goes straight into the bin.
Hopefully his father pays for school dinners

WHY WHY WHY would anyone waste precious bacon on that? Dear god
Believe me it’s not precious bacon, it’s the scraps of dubious welfare/country of origin, at pennies a bag 🤢 even so you wouldn’t sling it in porridge with pears 🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Echoing what @MancBee and @Cuileann and others have said, what she’s doing is just so dangerous. What’s she doing for ‘fun’ cos she’s got duck all else to do is other people’s real lives and she’s feeding this false narrative that (if you don’t mind eating nothing but brown slop) it’s completely achievable for all. With SO MANY plot holes e.g. where’s the toilet roll and toiletries and household cleaners and cat food fitting in? I don’t get why no one picks her up on all this on Twitter. She just shouldn’t be getting away with it.

No one else seems to have pointed this out but does anyone think that’s a massive portion of porridge? I find porridge really filling and my normal portion is less than half of what was in that horrid bacon bowl.

A couple of things to admit:

I made a massive batch of lasagne the other week and portioned it all up in those foil square tubs to freeze and cook when we need them. Photo evidence to compare to Jack’s attached.

I have never defrosted my freezer

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Poverty is on the increase daily as Marcus Rashford pointed out. She could be doing such as petitioning the government stating that despite being self employed etc she should be on a decent liveable wage but under the current climate that is not possible.

She could be using twitter to ask people for ball park figures of how much there expendable income was decreased and think of ideas how to make it stretch further. Ideas on food budgeting( outside her 20 pound or slop) such as buy bigger cuts of meat to make it last many meals, use greengrocers of possible to buy vegetables and fruit, shop ethically either in chairty shops or second hand swaps etc.

There is loads and loads she could do instead she straddling her expensive sideboards, blending what little food she had into mush and buying food that is seen as unethically farmed.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.