Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, she's really fucked me off today too (I'm all hormonal, apart from anything else, but she is so bleeding THOUGHTLESS about what she tweets, she really has absolutely no idea about how the majority of people actually live, which is why it's so completely distasteful that she's meant to be some sort of poverty expert) but having said that I am *so grateful* for these threads at such times. Just think, before the start of this year all her bullshit would just be lost to the ether on her massive delete sprees, but now there's this great resource which we can refer back to when we need to highlight her constant contradictions. And even better - she *knows* it. FACE YOUR LIES, JACK!! LOOK INWARDS AND GIVE YOUR HEAD A WOBBLE! HEAL THYSELF.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Yes, she's really fucked me off today too (I'm all hormonal, apart from anything else, but she is so bleeding THOUGHTLESS about what she tweets, she really has absolutely no idea of how the majority of people actually live, which is why it's so completely distasteful that she's meant to be some sort of poverty expert) but having said that I am *so grateful* for these threads at such times. Just think, before the start of this year all her bullshit would just be lost to the ether on her massive delete sprees, but now there's this great resource which we can refer back to when we need to highlight her constant contradictions. And even better - she *knows* it. FACE YOUR LIES, JACK!! LOOK INWARDS AND GIVE YOUR HEAD A WOBBLE! HEAL THYSELF.
The tide will turn, there's only a certain amount of time a narcissist can fool people. She's digging a huge hollow hole for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
“I’ve had a ‘bruising day’. Just at home, have cooked 3 solid meals and snacked throughout. Couldn’t be arsed to take photos of the food I cook, pretty much the only thing that could be classed as work in my freeloading life. Bruising, bruising day...”

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Because she’s privileged and thinks moving house (unless she’s bought the new place) is beneath her

SB spends half his time at his dad’s, so he’s used to moving about. Plus, he’ll probably be off to university or living with his mates within a few years. Using him to pull on heart strings is pathetic
I've had to move frequently. It is pretty exhausting and I can understand that it's something she'd rather avoid. I think the lodger idea would have been a good one. It's not ideal, but then moving isn't ideal, so it's picking the ideal the option that you think is least worst.

I'd also say it'd be easier to save for buying a house if she isn't spending 91% of her wage on rent.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I love rhik, he's a nice man, and he replies when people tweet him (hell, he even replied to me last week!)

I like him too ❤

just hate it when jack bothers people I like.

see also Joanne Harris and of course, mom and pop nigella and Jay.

Reactions: 23
My area is to be put into a level 3 lockdown on Wednesday. Pubs, gyms and lots of other hospitality places will be forced to close. No mixing with other households even outside. People who thought they might be able to salvage something from this year will be losing jobs and incomes again. And there's Jack, clutching her £20 to do her poverty shop. Complaining that she only has 10% of her disposable income left after rent and bills. Know what this tells me Jack? That you have a steady income with money to spare. Staying in your crappy bungalow is a choice because if you were really hard up, you'd move because you'd have to. People have been genuinely struggling for months and months and now today we've been told it's going to get even worse. This is unprecedented so don't bring your decade old poverty cos play anywhere near this. So just duck right off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 91
I can’t BELIEVE she’s grifting again. Her poor me, my housing situation is so precarious, please don’t send me money schtick gets rolled out at least once a month, right?

Last time she did it she got a healthy increase in Patreon mugs sorry “subscribers” and I’m sure she will again.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
The entire country is fucked not just her. She would be best just putting her head down and getting herself sorted out the best she can. Again I mean no disrespect but there will be 10000s in her "situation" ( hyphenated because we don't know what's caused her situation it could be one or many things discussed) and many people will have to sell up, move on or in fact become homeless. She is a very small fish in a very big pond of people who have it much worse.

Reactions: 36
I didn’t know this!! So did she move home both times to move in with her then partners?
I only know about the Allegra situation, but she was living with Allegra and Allegra’s daughter who was more or less the same age as her boy. The two children started school together at the same time. Then the relationship ended, Jack moved back to Southend and SB was allocated a school several towns away in Basildon. Every day she’d be on social media talking about the arduous journey (and it would have been an arduous journey, tbh) taking trains and buses and posting photos of her charity shop kitchenware hauls.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Her use of language always interests me. She's no fool, our Jack. So many pet adoption centres talk about 'forever homes', and sometimes (revoltingly) it's even applied to actual human babies who need adoptive homes.

She's placing herself on the same level as cute, sad animals who need some love, and babies who need a family. She wants people to pity her, and say "aww" and help her out, much like people want to help children and abandoned pets. She's targeting things like maternal instinct and the desire to help people out, and worst of all, it's working.

She's utterly despicable.
To be fair, I have heard that occasionally on home buying shows like location, location, location.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.