Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @NoseyParkour for the words and @Peachy9 for nominating them for a thread title. Group frauen effort, that’s what we like to see.

Recap of thread #86
  1. New information: she was a child prodigy and has 22 years’ worth of songs percolating inside her. She might share the onion song, once she’s over being ... shy and ... bruised.
  2. She unlocked her Twitter and asked if anyone had good resources for dealing with winter loneliness.
  3. She also tried to pick a fight with a journalist over migrants in boats. What an inspired way to gain company.
  4. She went to bed with hot chocolate, lavender spray, book, Classic FM and sleeping tablets. She had a lovely night’s sleep after tweeting from her bed for several hours and then taking the sleeping tablets.
  5. She is now Jack Monrooooooooooe. How tiresome.
  6. She spent all Sunday tweeting about going to the Asda twice to spend her self-allotted £20. All the live long day tweeting about shopping.
  7. No receipt from the second shop but the total sum of course and definitely all added up to exactly £20. Sure, Jack.
  8. What about going on a bike, Jack? Can’t. What about a shopping trolley to maraud [with]? Oh, shan’t!
  9. Don’t be saying she shouldn’t be buying yellow-stickered goods when she clearly doesn’t need to take them. She’s ‘mindful’ about it, to be fair. She puts the livers in the basket.
  10. She’s going to bulk up her meagre supplies with stock she already has in her cupboard and freezers. Not really £20 week then is it, and it’s dangerous to perpetuate this unrealistic budget, isn’t it?
  11. Guess what: Brexit’s coming and also a second austerity. Jack says so, therefore it must be true.
  12. She did the eggs again, the devilled eggs. Better the anchoïade devil you know.
  13. She made 90% vegan chicken thigh stock in a fancy chalkboard slow cooker that she can write on. It was from Asda. Ages ago.
  14. She locked her Twitter again. I think? It changes from hour to hour, truly.
  15. What blessed gifts she receives from nature. First a muddy puddle, now the wind in her landlady’s garden, which has delivered to her a neatly bunched bouquet of eucalyptus
  16. @Switchstreetz also wrote a more detailed recap here. Bitcoin and a seat at Vlad’s table for you, frau.
  17. Just in: she’s worked out that her rent and frugal bills take up 91.3% of her salary. She’s fine, please don’t offer her money! She’s just going to SCREAM INTO THE VOID FOR A MOMENT. The void of sycophants and psychopaths. Please see the patreon link on your way out.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 109
Oh fuck off, Jack. Ms safety conscious didn’t even blur out the location of the Asda in her latest receipts in case anyone still hasn’t got her address yet. I figured it out in 5 mins because you kept talking about the sports facility that your house backs onto.

Reactions: 58
Ah. Here we go. Maybe if you stopped paying yourself a “living” wage and shoving the rest in an account for £££ furnishings you would have a better ratio income:rent.
When will anyone call her out on her blatant lies? Surely we are not the only ones to see the money pit that is R Jackie.

Reactions: 30
I had to respond to her latest tweets about the affordability of her current house.
Just waiting on a shitty response - obviously the housing situation varies wildly around the country but still.

Reactions: 14
"I don't need money. Please don't offer." What an absolute beg. I am not in the mood for her shit this day.

Reactions: 72
I could fucking scream!! It's all her own fault, she's had more opportunities in the last 6 months during lockdown than most people could ever dream of in an entire lifetime! She massively fucked up DKL and even more massively fucked up Hellman's which should have been a piece of (mayo) cake for someone as experienced as she is. She's absolutely useless.

An entitled, pathetic, stupid, spoilt little cunt. How how how can she not read the fucking room?

Reactions: 63
*famously frugal* - firstly, famous to whom exactly? Secondly, I wouldn't call putting the heating on in August when it's 15 degrees frugal.

Jack, SELL THE EMIN!
Is this 91.3% of what she actually earns or of her fake living wage salary?

Reactions: 46
Hun, your roofline had nothing to do with me being able to triangulate you. You have stated the following publicly and often repeatedly.

Your garden backs onto tennis courts
You live in Thorpe Bay
You live in a bungalow
The bungalow has a second floor
You have three bedrooms
You have a shed in the garden
Your walking distance to a number of different supermarkets
Your walking distance to the beach

I have seen on TV, your Twitter and your Instagram, many, many, many photos of
Your hallway
Your kitchen
Your dining room
Your living room
Your bathroom
Your shower room
Your bedroom

Your house has many original/unique features (fireplaces, windows, eaves)

Finding an approximate location was incredibly easy based on the tennis court, distance to various locations information you have put out there. I mean, it took less than 5 minutes.

Your oversharing of photos made it straightforward to locate your house using Google Earth and Rightmove.

Guess whose house I can't triangulate? Nigella's ,Nigel's, Jamie's, Nadia's and dear heart, Jay's. Wonder why that is.

Reactions: 104
So absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!

Reactions: 22
Her reading comprehension is absolutely shite, completely marred by the massive fucking chip on her shoulder. This guy's saying that for most people, their outgoings are MORE than their incomings and they're therefore spiralling into debt. Of course Jack can't see that, she has it worse than literally everyone else.

Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.