Jack Monroe #83 The case of the disappearing poverty manuscript and other short stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
tit talking AA again. Makes me bleeping angry. The online meetings are an absolute blessing and have literally changed my life. Negative Nellie should keep her bleeping gob shut about things she knows duck all about and not keep putting people off starting their recovery. I'm angry so probably shouldn't say this but is she even attending online meetings? Her recent behaviour doesn't fit with anything I have been picking up from all my wonderful regular meetings. It works if you work it Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Is she playing the victim in time for Sali's show???

(Don't let me down....)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Btw, some poor soul got this (presumably as a patreon) & posted it on Twitter. Pancakes with syrup being poured over the edge of the plate-presumably the sentient mirror is tasked with cleaning up that sticky mess. Just why??
QUOTE]
😳 so she really has 3 arms! 2 to hold the plate and 1 to pour the jug and the mirror takes the picture.

was the recipient happy?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s funny how it’s unkind to link to a £220 curtain, but it’s not unkind to dupe people with very little into giving you money? SO many of her squiggles have commented something along the lines of “sorry it’s so little, *why they’re struggling” or “sorry it’s so little, I’ll give more when I get paid”. No one living pay cheque to pay cheque should be felt compelled to help someone with £6k worth of Cotswolds Co & £440 curtains (also don’t get me started on how hard it is to fit curtains to bay windows, the fitting will be another £150). Now THAT is unkind, immoral, and should be illegal.
Yes, this. I go to work and earn money. Would I like to earn more? Of course. Do I live within my means? Yes. If I couldn't then I would cut my cloth accordingly or find a better paid job. In Jacks own words she is a best selling author and has had and continues to have income streams and should not need a tip jar or Patreon, taking from the very people who she claims she's helping. I've nothing against Patreon for those who are actually providing content but Jack isn't even doing that. It's nothing short than begging for money. She's abhorrent.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
tit talking AA again. Makes me bleeping angry. The online meetings are an absolute blessing and have literally changed my life. Negative Nellie should keep her bleeping gob shut about things she knows duck all about and not keep putting people off starting their recovery. I'm angry so probably shouldn't say this but is she even attending online meetings? Her recent behaviour doesn't fit with anything I have been picking up from all my wonderful regular meetings. It works if you work it Jack.

Is she playing the victim in time for Sali's show???

(Don't let me down....)
Yes, absolutely..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She's the kind of person you'd dread asking "How are you?" if you ran into her in the street. The answer would be 30 minutes minimum...

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She's the kind of person you'd dread asking "How are you?" if you ran into her in the street. The answer would be 30 minutes minimum...
I wonder if she does those bleeping awful updates on her & her life in Christmas cards.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Thread # WE'RE SO CLOSE TO 100: "Jack Monroe: the girl with all the GIFS"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.