Jack Monroe #83 The case of the disappearing poverty manuscript and other short stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Emmapism for the thread title! I believe this is your title cherry popped and I love that it ecapsulates the hill on which you choose to die šŸ˜‚

Recap of thread #82

1. At night and in want of distraction, Jack Monroe needed something engrossing and HARD (her words, not mine) ... so she can now play and sing Bocelliā€™s Con Te Potato. Pie, Jesus Christ, Not Her Pie is next on the hit list of 2am piano burbling.
  2. She wants a recipe for a good foolproof softy soft soft pillowy soft soft softy lovely softy soft white bread. It has be pillowy softy soft soft soft soft.
  3. Her website was down (that darned Vlad) but do tweet her using the hashtag #suppernanny - which is a working title of a thing sheā€™s working on, lol, surprise!
  4. Pie Jesus, her website is back up and running. Itā€™s too late for that festering jar of black olives though. Just put them in the bin, mate.
  5. She spent the day cat napping all over her bungalow. What a delicious waste.
  6. She was bought a chippy tea - perhaps as a preemptive move to cease and desist. The liver has moved out by now and got its own pad.
  7. She made her Twitter public again, perhaps to allow full access to a photo of her wearing the kitten and nothing else, and one of her son in pants.
  8. What about the book, Jack? What about the booooook?
Please add any recap points that I have missed. I had to speed grunka and most of them were Alanā€™s gifs šŸ˜‚
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™

One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
She can't help but insert herself into every drama can she? Even though it's nothing to do with her.

It's staggering.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Congratulations to @Emmapism for the thread title! I believe this is your title cherry popped and I love that it ecapsulates the hill on which you choose to die šŸ˜‚

Recap of thread #82

1. At night and in want of distraction, Jack Monroe needed something engrossing and HARD (her words, not mine) ... so she can now play and sing Bocelliā€™s Con Te Potato. Pie, Jesus Christ, Not Her Pie is next on the hit list of 2am piano burbling.
  2. She wants a recipe for a good foolproof softy soft soft pillowy soft soft softy lovely softy soft white bread. It has be pillowy softy soft soft soft soft.
  3. Her website was down (that darned Vlad) but do tweet her using the hashtag #suppernanny - which is a working title of a thing sheā€™s working on, lol, surprise!
  4. Pie Jesus, her website is back up and running. Itā€™s too late for that festering jar of black olives though. Just put them in the bin, mate.
  5. She spent the day cat napping all over her bungalow. What a delicious waste.
  6. She was bought a chippy tea - perhaps as a preemptive move to cease and desist. The liver has moved out by now and got its own pad.
  7. She made her Twitter public again, perhaps to allow full access to a photo of her wearing the kitten and nothing else, and one of her son in pants.
  8. What about the book, Jack? What about the booooook?
Please add any recap points that I have missed. I had to speed grunka and most of them were Alanā€™s gifs šŸ˜‚
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™

One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
JM and the ex Mr Billie Piper. Is is hard to work out who is more irrelevant.
Eta
although if they both entered a whinging twit contest, it would be pretty much a draw

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Just think of those bargains Jack missed not going shopping today; botulism riddled stir fry veg, dinosaur feet, and rancid bircher pots. Hopefully they are now headed in the right direction, to be turned into biofuels.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Sorry but duck off, what sort of mother lounges around ā€œnappingā€ all day, having not had her kid all weekend and then announces she doesnā€™t have any milk or bread. Lazy bleep they are the basics, wtf have you done all weekend except post shite on Twitter! If I had nothing else in the house milk and bread would always be there. Sheā€™s such an idle fucker!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I canā€™t quote from the last thread but I feel I need to point out - in the strongest terms - that I definitely do not love a titten. I feel a bit weird šŸ¤®

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Sorry but duck off, what sort of mother lounges around ā€œnappingā€ all day, having not had her kid all weekend and then announces she doesnā€™t have any milk or bread. Lazy bleep they are the basics, wtf have you done all weekend except post shite on Twitter! If I had nothing else in the house milk and bread would always be there. Sheā€™s such an idle fucker!
I always have some bread product in the freezer, be that a loaf, tea cakes, buns, or crumpets. She has 3 of the bleeping things what's in them? Maybe the book is hiding in the freezer like when Joey puts the Shining in there when he gets scared. Jack got scared of being a responsible adult so she's locked it away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.