Jack Monroe #82 Cooking in a boot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, she wants us to believe she lives in some Little House on the Prairie/dystopian Oliver Twist film depending on what suits her narrative that day.

Of course Daddy brought home chip shop for them both, bringing in a debate and attention about what batter (yes it’s plain and simple batter) is called. More attention please. Recently it sounds like she’s desperate to be part of her ex’s new family with SB, constantly shoehorning them into conversations and mentioning other children. She’s jealous of something as per and is passive aggressively making sure everyone knows it by being super OTT about it all.
My general rule for Jack is "pics or it's not true" and as we all now know, even if there ARE pics it still mightn't be true with her. I find it really odd for a food writer to never post pics of the food she eats once in a while, even if she didn't make it. She's a food writer, NOT A CHEF remember. Where are the pics of this glorious chippy dinner?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Jack Monroe #83 The Case of the Disappearing Poverty Manuscript & Other Short Stories

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Jack needs to stay away from bread OR learn how to do it properly.

View attachment 264838
Catching up so sorry if this has already been mentioned. Jack gave up drinking New Year's 2019. She wrote her gushing I'M CURED Guardian article a few days later.

It just seems to me that baking beer bread less than TWO WEEKS into your recovery from 200 units a week is a bit of an unusual idea, no?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I love the gifs, they give me life. This thread is a good light hearted escape Fraus please don’t make me read essays 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
“Dad, I had to eat stale potato cakes for breakfast and had 5p sausages every single day. Mum’s still got a pack of chicken liver and a bottle of E.coli pesto in the fridge”

“Let’s get you to the chippy, son”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
think the pizza oven is in semi retirement, hasn’t been mentioned since it arrived.
See, this is why I would never make it as a business owner. If I gave my product to people to “plug”, I would not be happy if it got mentioned once and dumped behind the rabbit hutch. I’d be looking for:

* pizza night once a week, including winter, where they are eating what they’ve made
* pictures of offspring standing next to pizza oven in the obligatory “first day back at school” snaps
* the pizza oven brought inside and included in family Christmas pics
* the pizza oven to be featured in at least one cooking cartoon video. Oh no wait....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
A question for the parent frau’s amongst us.

If your child was visiting you, and mentioned they were being given cheap sausages, constant slop, dry cooking bacon and stale tiger rolls and bagels, would you be talking to the other parent about their choices in food that they’re feeding your shared child?

As this stuff she’s feeding him is not only not nutritious, it’s also very dangerous in terms of stale food. But as a non parent I have no idea if my line of thinking is wrong - I really hope this is his way of intervening by bringing in a fish shop tea.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
A question for the parent frau’s amongst us.

If your child was visiting you, and mentioned they were being given cheap sausages, constant slop, dry cooking bacon and stale tiger rolls and bagels, would you be talking to the other parent about their choices in food that they’re feeding your shared child?

As this stuff she’s feeding him is not only not nutritious, it’s also very dangerous in terms of stale food. But as a non parent I have no idea if my line of thinking is wrong - I really hope this is his way of intervening by bringing in a fish shop tea.
The question isn't would you be talking to the other parent, it's how many times do you think they've had that conversation?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.