Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I’m grunking here but I completely missed her saying that she was the first to release a seasonal cookbook (already disproved by other fraus) but I’d like to ask Jack personally WHAT THE duck ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Like I understand in recent years there’s less of that type of cookery due to advances in food preservation/longer seasons etc but throughout history people have had to eat seasonally so cookbooks would reflect that? And this would have been the case until the last few decades but even now for culture/cost/common sense reasons people still eat seasonally to an extent?

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she thought (poor) people literally lived off spaghetti hoops and spam which are obviously never out of season...
It's more fairweather than seasonal eating at this time of year, when the good green earth is bursting with fruit and vegetables and game. You could carry on like a king till just past Christmas feasting - try eating seasonally in March and you'd be crying into your nettle soup. Which would suit Jack perfectly, but she would buy a tin of it because foraging is too fancy.

That said, I do eat treats seasonally - like the pleasure of perfect local strawberries in June, as opposed to a punnet of greenhouse blandness in December.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Reminder about that High Court case (you know, the one she hates people bringing up unless she can profit from it)

What was in the ring binders?!

20201003_135758.jpg
20201003_135740.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Can anyone explain what she means about trying to find an affiliate programme not 'under the big yellow behemoth'? I genuinely don't understand what she's referring to

Reactions: 10
Can anyone explain what she means about trying to find an affiliate programme not 'under the big yellow behemoth'? I genuinely don't understand what she's referring to
She's referring to Amazon. The same Amazon she links to in her twitter bio.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
More preposterous lies from Jack. She should get to bleeping via Wank Mountain.
main-qimg-9a92c4aa433f2aace5997f9ba5c8fb83.jpeg.jpg

City_limit_sign_of_Fucking,_Austria (1).jpg

*Disclaimer these are real places in Germany and Austria. I was being factual rather than rude 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Sorry I’m grunking here but I completely missed her saying that she was the first to release a seasonal cookbook (already disproved by other fraus) but I’d like to ask Jack personally WHAT THE duck ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Like I understand in recent years there’s less of that type of cookery due to advances in food preservation/longer seasons etc but throughout history people have had to eat seasonally so cookbooks would reflect that? And this would have been the case until the last few decades but even now for culture/cost/common sense reasons people still eat seasonally to an extent?

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she thought (poor) people literally lived off spaghetti hoops and spam which are obviously never out of season...
I’m going to listen to it again, find the exact minute and second it’s said and share it with the fraus so you lovely people don’t have to suffer the adenoids any more than necessary 😂 later today. I’ll listen while I’m doing my housework. Pray for me 😞

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
So she'll do a different affiliate scheme if someone else does the legwork?! Just ask people to buy from independent bookshops! Have a tiny bit of integrity please!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
All this talk of salmon paste has reminded me that I used to really like it as a child! I loved tinned salmon too (still do actually).

I used to enjoy beef paste and sardine and tomato paste n’all. Always on white bread and butter. This must have been the late 80s, although I realise I must sound at least 50 years old (I’m 39 👵🏻).

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.